• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

(Mouth got pwned...) The government is just like that. They use their power to take control of everyone. Using the school system to tell kids that they are right, the president is right, the higher-ups are right. They want to control and not allow free speech.
And Gosman, you being quite rude. If someone disrespects you, don't disrespect them.

Of course, I believe in aliens, we can't be the only ones here. It universe never ends. Theres more to life then just us.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#17 Light Worker

Light Worker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I am a psychic medium and find all facets of the supernatural world fascinating. I have obtained a few good evp's in my day and been a paranormal investigator mostly from the standpoint of a Medium's point of view. I am currently exploring Paganism as I am considering changing my religion.<br /> I like to oil pant landscapes, sew, and have a passion for cooking, which I do frequently. I have three, grown, awesome children who all live around me.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:32 PM

~Gosman, for someone that just joined this sight you sure do have quite the mouth on you. Are your manners in a place of the unknown as well? Do you not know how to show respect for others?

Back to the topic. I just don't get why the government wants to cover things up??? Why not let us know the truth?? I hate the mere thought of the government communicating with other "beings" out there on *our* behalf.

And people like you seem addiction to spelling one little word using caps locks. People can believe something different that you ya know.

If you took the time to notice it was actually Light Worker who started the whole caps lock thing. Are you saying both Light Worker and myself are addicted to doing this? What exactly is the problem with using Caps lock on some words anyway?

I think people who dont believe in aliens are very self indulgent people you must be ver self obsessed to think we are on the only inhabitable planet in the whole universe.

Whether you think they are self indulgent is irrelevant. What makes you think that I don't believe in aliens anyway? You seem to be making some rather large assumptions here without any facts.

I dont know if UFOs are reall, well UFOs are, because UFO does not mean aliens, just something flying in the sky that we cant identify.

Bravo for stating the obvious :)

Theres either one of two options.

1. Aliens do exist and are activily visiting us and the government are covering it up, and more than likely doing other experiments they dont want us to know about.

2. The UFO phenomenon has been a product of the government to cover up new warcraft tests and also other such experiments.

Hey guess what? There is at least one further option which is all these alien visititation stories are the result of overactive imaginations and group hysteria. However that wouldn't fit in with your view of the world so I guess you already discounted this ;-)

Either way I dont think the goverment will ever be one hundred percent truthful with us.

'They' never are. You probably think that television set in your lounge is harmless as well. :ghost:

LaurieAnn The reason the government doesn't allow us to know the truth(by their admission) about UFO phenomena is because it could likely cause worldwide panic....not everyone is open minded and welcoming of another completely new SPECIES . PEople make panic and that's never a good thing. Also it may cause people to totally reconsider RELIGION....a VERY sensitive topic...and in addition the world might be pretty P.O'd to find out that their government that they trusted in all these years has been collaborating with the aliens behind their backs! furthermore for the world to realize that they have inferior power to another race or species makes the government look bad....so there IS a lot to consider!....Light Worker

#18 Gosman

Gosman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

The government is just like that. They use their power to take control of everyone. Using the school system to tell kids that they are right, the president is right, the higher-ups are right. They want to control and not allow free speech.
And Gosman, you being quite rude. If someone disrespects you, don't disrespect them.

Do you not see the dichotomy between berating me for being disrespectful and your claim that the government does not allow free speech?

Free speech means that people have the right to say things which others could take as being disrespectful.

I haven't stated anything here that I believe is rude or obnoxious. I have certainly pointed out flaws in peoples thinking however, to me, that is completely fine on a discussion board such as this.

As I have stated previously, your arguments are simply not persuassive enough to convinve the mainstream media to take any notice of them. Perhaps you should work on your arguing techniques rather than blaming governments for your own failure.

#19 Gosman

Gosman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

LaurieAnn The reason the government doesn't allow us to know the truth(by their admission) about UFO phenomena is because it could likely cause worldwide panic....not everyone is open minded and welcoming of another completely new SPECIES . PEople make panic and that's never a good thing. Also it may cause people to totally reconsider RELIGION....a VERY sensitive topic...and in addition the world might be pretty P.O'd to find out that their government that they trusted in all these years has been collaborating with the aliens behind their backs! furthermore for the world to realize that they have inferior power to another race or species makes the government look bad....so there IS a lot to consider!....Light Worker

It would be much easier if you avoided using quotes Light worker as your post just got lost amongst all the other postings.

You do realise who makes up a government don't you? It is people like you and me. Therefore it seems inconceivable that some shadowy governemntal organisations could successfully keep quiet this sort of information. I mean the amount of potential Alien visitations that occur does mean that you would require something like the mythical Men in Black neurolizer to keep a lid on it all.

Frankly it is beyond the realm of human organisation capacity to keep something like this hidden for such a period of time.

#20 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

Gosman,
What did you mean by the government is run by aliens and Jewish people? I sincerely hope you were joking when you said that, or were saying so tongue in cheek. For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but being a Jewish woman myself, if you were serious, I find that statement highly offensive. Until you answer, I will hold my thoughts because I refuse to get caught up with a possible anti-semite.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#21 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

PS: I know the internet is anonymous, but good manners are always in style and always appreciated. Even moreso when one is a relatively new member of a site. Why bother stirring up animosity towards yourself and become unwelcome? If you continue on like this, no one will want to talk to you, and that would really stink if you ever want or need some help or advice.

Sorry to double post, just needed to add that.

What ever happened to good manners?
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#22 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

They got lost along with my brain...

Currently, until everyone in the newly elected seats get settled in. The 'older' government was made up of rich people and owners of oil and other companies. A few years ago we weren't allowed to say bad things about the government, but. With everything slipping through the cracks, people can make decent conversations about flaws in our country. And by pointing out the flaws in people, you are being rude. We know our odds and ends. We don't need you jabbing your forefinger at them. My arguing techniques are not often used. Why would I need to use them? Now, until I feel a lion roaring in my chest. I'm done with you, Gosman. And I wish to talk about what this thread is really about, conspiracies. Not 'pointing out flaws'.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#23 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

~I definately think that there is a conspiracy....it's too bad too. But just yesterday I had my own thoughts of the secrets that the government keep from us. I never realized that if we were to be told everything in its truthfulness, there definately would be wide spread panic....especially especially for those more so leaned towards not believing in "others out there". Rememebr the chaos "War of the Worlds" by Orson Wells caused...and that was just a radio show. It caused a panic attack all over!! Many good points were talked about here...made me realize the reasoning behind secrets.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#24 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:33 AM

Whether you think they are self indulgent is irrelevant. What makes you think that I don't believe in aliens anyway?

However that wouldn't fit in with your view of the world so I guess you already discounted this ;-)

Either way I dont think the goverment will ever be one hundred percent truthful with us.

'They' never are. You probably think that television set in your lounge is harmless as well. :clap:

1. I was talking about people who dont believe in aliens in general it was not aimed at you in particular.

2. You said I was making judgements about you without the facts, you know nothing about me and my 'view of the world' so the same goes to you.

3. And no, I expect my TV to grow legs and start running around eating people anytime soon... B)

You need to be more polite on these boards and not start slamming people because of their views and trying to preach and force upon people your own views.

But thankyou for your oppinions, I certainly enjoyed reading them :clap:

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

Right back on topic.!

~I definately think that there is a conspiracy....it's too bad too. But just yesterday I had my own thoughts of the secrets that the government keep from us. I never realized that if we were to be told everything in its truthfulness, there definately would be wide spread panic....especially especially for those more so leaned towards not believing in "others out there". Rememebr the chaos "War of the Worlds" by Orson Wells caused...and that was just a radio show. It caused a panic attack all over!! Many good points were talked about here...made me realize the reasoning behind secrets.

My dad told me about what happened during the War of the Worlds on the radio. I can understand why people panick during that but I guess I wouldnt panick if the goverment told us the truth and the truth was that aliens existed because 'aliens' havent attacked us as of yet.
Your right though, so many people would begin to panick.

We should just welcome them with the star trek hand sign lol :clap:

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

Some time ago I participated in a discussion regarding this cenario. It tried to cover all aspects of first contact and the ramifications on society in general. There were actually some justifiable reasons why governments might want to withold information regarding alien contact. We asked several questions and I will throw out a few here, just to spur discussion.

The scenario was that an alien craft just landed in Washington, the event was covered by all the news media; there was no covering it up, it was what everyone saw. No hypnosis or hallucinations, this was the real deal. The aliens were not hostile, and were willing to talk with any and all people. Given these basic facts, the questions are as follows:

What effect will this have on religious teachings? Consider all faiths when answering and their teachings regarding humanity and God.

What effects on international relations? Consider that contact was made in the US, and no craft were seen anywhere else. How will this play out in the UN or other nations? Favoritism? Threatening? Will other nations demand to be brought in? Finally do the aliens recognize the concept of nations / tribal divisions?

Psychological aspects. While the aliens are not threatening, what effect does knowing that someone else has the absolute power over your existance have on your day to day life? How will the aliens react to the expected human attempts that will come to exploit their visit / technology? Will some companies try to take advantage of alien technology to further their own wealth? Will we feel secure knowing that others out there are far more advanced, even if they don't threaten us?

And the follow up to the above, what effect will this visit have on financial markets worldwide? Obviously anyone who gets in with the aliens, if they allow it, will stand to make quantum advances in their knowledge. Will such a person be safe from exploitation by others as well?

I am not defending the keeping of secrets, just giving some motivation as to why some may feel it is necessary. Just a few avenues to pursue.... opinions???

#27 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

Your right Caverat, I watched a documentary the other night in which they stated that. Good point.

#28 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

OK, just for the sake of argument:

1. Who/what are these "aliens"?
2. Where do they come from?
3. How did they get here?

#29 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

OK, just for the sake of argument:

1. Who/what are these "aliens"?
2. Where do they come from?
3. How did they get here?

~These are pretty good questions and I'll answer them from just my own point of view....

1. To me, these "aliens" are just wondering the same thing about us. They have found another type of existance, and they're very curious about us.

2. We live in a vast universe. Every day there's another portion of space that is found and other universes...we're just a piece of sand on a very hge beach.

3. They've found a way to survive and evolve like us. They have found ways to travel way beyond our way of travel. Heck, it wasn't *that* long ago when no one would've ever imagined a man stepping on the moon...let alone be able to take photos of other planets that surround us. It was just unheard of. Today, we can do this and the technology just keeps getting better.

...it's so hard for me to sometimes put into words just how I precieve things and my conclusions to my reasonings. I understand it, but it's hard to explain it to others. So with that said, I hope I made some sense.

I also have to agree with Caverat...maybe some secrets are best left unsaid. The "cons" far out weight the "pros" on this one. However.........I also have to think that if the truth was shared in the begining, then no one would be so shocked & shakened when a subject like this is brought up......does that make sense? I sure hope so.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#30 Gosman

Gosman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

Gosman,
What did you mean by the government is run by aliens and Jewish people? I sincerely hope you were joking when you said that, or were saying so tongue in cheek. For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but being a Jewish woman myself, if you were serious, I find that statement highly offensive. Until you answer, I will hold my thoughts because I refuse to get caught up with a possible anti-semite.

There are many millions of people who believe that there is a giant conspiracy involving Jewish people to control our society. I think it is highly unlikely myself, however they produce about as much persuassive evidence as those people who believe in an Alien UFO cover up conspiracy do, e.g. I presume you have heard of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?

Now the question is why it is not okay to think that Jewish people are secretly controlling the world via nefarious means but it is okay that there is a shadowy government agecy or agencies which are keeping the 'truth' of Alien visitations from the people?

To me both these sceanrios are equally unlikely to conatain much fact however obviously some on here disagree. I find the reasoning behind that perculiar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users