Dowsing Rods

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

I'm interested in trying out dowsing rods, but there are so many different kinds. Can someone reccomend a good,inexpensive kind please? Thanks!
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#2 StillWondering

StillWondering

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:first of all, my family, pets and friends are freaking important to me. i seriously would be lost without them. horses are also a big part of my life. i don't care if i'm riding them, grooming them, or just being around the barn means a lot to me and i really appreciate it. going on GV is really fun and being on the computer is a weekly basis (lol when i'm not studying for finals). but i multitask and watch tv or talk on the phone when i have free time. me and my friends are beast and if you mess with us, you are such a loser. i have so many inside jokes and me and my friend taylor nicole (twin peep!) are starting a band. ZAPP is probably going to be the name. lol we're having trouble writing songs as of may 16th. we've &quot;remixed&quot; the lyrics to plenty of songs, that ironically(sarcasm) have horses in it. they're not original and we find an idea for a song but then can't finish it. lol thats all for now

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

I'm interested in trying out dowsing rods, but there are so many different kinds. Can someone reccomend a good,inexpensive kind please? Thanks!

sorry, i don't know anything about this but keep posting u'll get someone
haha. (it's not really funny but he's hot)

#3 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

I can.... go find two wire hangers (not coated... so not white or anything). Cut the long side off at a bend and then cut the short side (still attached to the long side) off near the hook part. Cut the second hanger the same so you have two things with one arm about 16 inches long and the other arm about 6 inches long. Carefully manipulate the bend so it's at a 90 degree angle (so now you've got two little "L"s).

Congratulations! You now have a set of dowsing rods!!!

You should pet them from the bend to the tips (both long and short sides) several times and spin them around like little propellers until they feel like they've got your energy on them before you go trying to use them.

To use them, you hold them loosely in your hands (imagine a thumbs up sign and then stick the rods in there with your thumbs resting just below the bend). Make sure you hold them straight so you're not causing movement by allowing the tips to drop. Generally they point at something and then cross when you're right there. You can also use them for communication by setting up "yes" and "no".

You can also make them out of copper wire and you can make holders out of copper or plastic tubing, etc. Don't bother buying any manufactured rods unless you're sure you've got the touch and you're really into it.

#4 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

After reading your post Tantric Kitten I just might try it out. Thanks for the how-to post!

#5 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Thanks. I've tried it before, but I gave up. I couldn't seem to get the hangers straight. But I'll get my hubby to do it! Thanks!
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#6 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

Thanks. I've tried it before, but I gave up. I couldn't seem to get the hangers straight. But I'll get my hubby to do it! Thanks!

Mine aren't exactly straight. The other lady in our group who makes them can get them exactly straight but I can't. Mine are close enough to work, though!

#7 The Granny

The Granny

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

I have actually puchased a set at EBAY for $10.00.

I thought I'd also pass on a good link to the American Dowser Society if you're interested in learning about dowsing: http://www.dowsers.org

The Granny

#8 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

There are many dowsing devices. Since the device is simply a physical amplifier of physical micromuscular actions, anything from a pendulum to wire coathangers (which I used to use when teaching dowsing to lay people) to far fancier gadgets can be used.

The way the device feels in your hands is most important. There no indication that there are any other "quality" factors at work. I have used professional dowsing equipment and as I said the 'coat hanger' variety. It's all in the dowser, not the instrument as such.

Most important is to focus PRECISELY on what you are trying to find. Many of my students found it helpful to imagine a curtain of energy and clearly state in their mind "show me the curtain of energy" (change the phrase to whatever works for you, the mental image is more important than the words). I found this technique enabled people to quickly become used to the 'dowsing reaction' which is a natural physical reaction, at least in field dowsing (local dowsing) as opposed to distance or map dowsing.
Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users