• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:59 PM

Whats everyones opinion about ouija boards? Do they work?  Ive used a ouija board a few times but never found it to work.  But alot of people say not to use ouija boards because they contact upon evil spirits most of the time and the last thing you want to do is to contact an evil spirit right?

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:52 PM

Hi, I have never used an OUIJA, but will surely lay my hands on it soon. But as far as I know, Ouija as such is not evil. The problem lies in the fact that you don't know what you are contacting / connecting with. And moreover, as a basic human tendency, we have an affinity to seek evil and negatives more than the plesant wonderful world. I guess it is more a mental attitude, maybe on the sub-consious level or on the consious level. Haven't you heard - ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE!

God Bless and Keep Smiling ;)
Posted Image

#3 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:58 AM

Yes that seems to be how it works,  I know the if your worried about something evil in your mind then that might be what you contact.

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 November 2003 - 06:29 AM

I have used ouija boards in the past and it did work, even with the extremely skeptical attitude I started with.  We were able to contact an entity in the house and find out some information and didn't usher in anything evil.  I just think that you have to be careful with them. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 06:48 AM

Never used a board, and I tend to become unsettled at the thought of them.   personally am working on the Pendulum as a contact tool.  Far from scientific obviously.  So, to all th skeptics, I am a skeptic too, but SHOOSH!  I'm trying something new.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#6 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:49 AM

I guess if i come in with a positive attitude maybe i can get this to work this time.

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 November 2003 - 01:18 PM

Brandon, just be careful, what you are doing is opening a doorway and allowing spirits to use your body during a session with the board.  As long as you are strong willed and make sure to shut the door when finished you should be ok. ;D

Akthra,  I realize that you are basically a skeptic but it is wonderful to see you have an open mind about the research that you are doing.  In my opinion that is the way to be a skeptic!  My hat is off to you! ;D

#8 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:32 AM

ok thanks

#9 JimTheBrit

JimTheBrit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:33 AM

Anyone tried this?

1) Blindfold all participants in the contact session (properly, so they can't see down the sides, or across the bridge, of the nose
2) Have someone else turn the board so that none of the participants know which direction it is facing.
3) Commence spirit contact session
4) Have someone record the questions asked and the answers given, in such a way that none of the participants will be able to determine the facing of the board.

Just curious.

#10 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:55 PM

Great test, I bet there are a ton more that can be applied.

#11 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 01:11 PM

Great test in theory but the problem with it is this.  When you use a ouija board, you are inviting a spirit to enter your body.  Sure it is the people sitting with their fingers on the planchette moving it, but not willingly.  I fought the urge very strongly and tried really hard to make sure it didn't move but it still did.  Yep, blindfold the participants and the spirit and see what you get.  Won't work.  If the spirit moved the planchette without coming into the participants body, then it would be an honest test but being it doesn't work that way, the test won't work.  If you can devise something that would test while participants can still see, go for it! ;D

#12 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 01:47 PM

Well I see your point, but it won't work only according to one belief as to how it works.  It may work another way, that we don't know.  The test may prove another way it does work, or, it may confirm the theory on the board. Either way, it would be a win win situation if it was tested under the proper conditions and repetitively.  I hate to bring the subject up again, but it's the exact same thing as the particle accelerator.  The tests are meant to test the theory to see if it holds or can;t hold water. Just becuase someone thinks that based off of earlier data or evidence it won't doesn't mean they should't try it.  It would be testing your theory on the board.  Negative data would only be seen as negative to the right people... if that makes sense at all. LOL!

You may see it as negative data or positive.

See? We get absolutely no outside information.  The test proves that the theory may be sound.  Spirits need our bodies as conduits to active the board.

See? We get absolutely no outside information.  The test proves that there is either conscious or subconscious activiation by the people using the board through site.

Works to prove BOTH theories as far as I can see.  Sound familiar to another thread?  

Now, if it were a subconsciously controlled activiation, then it's possible the mind help to activate the board in some form or another with acuracy.  Though, I theorize only if the board was in the normal orientation.

#13 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 06:47 PM

That is true that it is only one theory on how the board actually works.  I only agree with that theory since that is my experience when I have used the board.  There was no noticable force pushing on the planchette that I could feel and yet it moved.  I think that instead of gathering the results of one test though, which I am sure will provide negative results, and making that the definitive end, we need say a battery of different tests and see all the results.  This is just my opinion and I am only really calling upon my experience to form this opinion. ;D

#14 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:10 AM

I agree KRC,  We should run some tests  when I am up there.  ;)  

#15 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 09:21 AM

It would be fun....we can sure try! ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users