Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 30 December 2001 - 06:20 PM

Fragments of spiritual moisture in the air ? ::(  Lol j/k
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#32 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 31 December 2001 - 03:21 AM

Sounds like a plan!

hehehehehehehe cosmic waterspots.  ;D  You'll have to show her my waterspot pics Pan :o

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#33 upr-founder

upr-founder

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 10:26 PM

lol...me 2

#34 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 21 March 2002 - 02:23 PM

Holt, I just wanted to say... for one, I have no mental illnesses, and two, I'm still a poor college student! LOL True, you have to sort through the explainable and some people don't do that, but it's a very narrow-minded view that you have. In our modern life, we're taught that everything is scientific, the entire world has been explored and studied, and everything's completely rational. WRONG. Science STILL finds animals we never knew existed, and discoveries are made all the time. To say something CANNOT exist, is to say a lot... for example, if you're religious, how do you know God exists? YOU DON'T. Can't touch him, see him, anything. That would certainly be a good way to be burned at the stake in any church in the nation. LOL
 I would say, never say anything's concrete and set in stone. Maybe we can't completely prove they are there, but scientific equipment cann't be lying all the time. I suggest that you keep an open mind, thoughI know it seems doubtful...
 ...and once I make my first million investigating ghost, I'll be sure to let you know! LMAO

Ken
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#35 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 February 2003 - 04:40 AM

Yo Disbelievers! I am not saying EVERYONE SHOULD believe! nor do I say EVERYTHING should be believed! But atleast has these so-called sckeptic un believers ever thought of a simple principle of science? That energy can never be created nor destroyed! Should I say more?

Now, there are so many things we FEEL but don't SEE or HEAR! Like the wind! say the ultra sounds - that which animals do hear. Is it that you don;t see certain things, they don't exist? Do you say there is no atmosphere? How may times have we felt kinda spooky? Hair Raising experiences? Felt and Seen things we may otherwise have not? I have wandered in cemetreies and burial grounds to see ghosts during 1994-1995 period. Now that wa a time I was emotionally prepared to encounter these energies. But after that I agree that getting into job and career have made my mind a weak junkyard! Once I had an experience and to be frank I was scared to death! I don't believe ghosts and spirits to be scary always, but it is just that I wasn;t prepared for such an encounter. Now, I live in India where our culture and belief has got lot of "legends" in place, but at the same time our culture believes there is no harm done to us if we don't let anything to.

Well, I am also looking for someone to guide me to get more into the spiritual realm. One thing for sure - I hate those weeds called un believers - sckepticism is all right, but un believer! NOPE  ;D
Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 08 February 2003 - 12:00 PM

You don't have to be simple-minded to see, feel, or hear a ghost...believers know what they saw...

#37 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:06 PM

Believing doesn't make a person simple-minded as long as they can back up their beliefs with solid facts, reasoning, and the majority of the posts I've read come from people who do that very well.

It's the people who have a strange experience and immediately jump on the "it was a ghost! it was a demon! it was a poltergeist!" explanation. Obviously, there are experiences that cannot be fit to established patterns of logical explanations. Those are the supernatural experiences. A cold spot in a house, without looking to see where it could have come from, does not a haunting make unless there's no place the cold could have come from in the house.

It's really not cool to see people openly mocking each other though. Most of the kids who belong to the board aren't that immature.

#38 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 July 2003 - 07:18 AM

Believing doesn't make a person simple-minded as long as they can back up their beliefs with solid facts, reasoning, and the majority of the posts I've read come from people who do that very well.

It's the people who have a strange experience and immediately jump on the "it was a ghost! it was a demon! it was a poltergeist!" explanation. Obviously, there are experiences that cannot be fit to established patterns of logical explanations. Those are the supernatural experiences. A cold spot in a house, without looking to see where it could have come from, does not a haunting make unless there's no place the cold could have come from in the house.

It's really not cool to see people openly mocking each other though. Most of the kids who belong to the board aren't that immature.

hey hey, what is immaturity? and why should the believer always comes up with explanations? if someone doesn't believe it is their onus to come up with explanations. Critics and Sekptics are NOT THE ONLY ones always on the right side. It could be their ignorance that has put them on the other side! WEll, just my thought. I know I am firing this up, and I will not be available for 3 days now. See you all here on Monday! and this happens to be my 666th post and hope people takes this in the right stride! lol
Posted Image

#39 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 09:32 PM

Because in an argument, whether anyone likes it or not, the burden of proof lies on the affirmative. It's called logic and I know some people will dismiss it out-of-hand because they think there isn't logic in the paranormal but the simple fact of the matter is that it IS up to the believer to prove it.

"Critics and skeptics are the NOT THE ONLY ones always on the right side."

There are right and wrong sides in this? I must have missed something....

Oh, if you can't discuss views in a civilized manner I would say that constitutes immaturity. Firing off pot shots is pretty low.

#40 rustypouch

rustypouch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 02:11 PM

Yo Disbelievers! I am not saying EVERYONE SHOULD believe! nor do I say EVERYTHING should be believed! But atleast has these so-called sckeptic un believers ever thought of a simple principle of science? That energy can never be created nor destroyed! Should I say more?

This is a common miscomception, and one I will try to clarify.

I don't think the word 'energy' means what you think it means.

Use in a scientific context, such as the laws of thermodynamics, energy is a measure of an object's ability to do work.

In the scientific world, energy has a strict definition and is measured in joules.

And as for unbelievers thinking of a simple principle of science, perhaps you should gain some more knowledge about the subject before accusing others of not understanding the concept.

#41 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:32 PM

Actually, the concept is that matter cannot be created nor destroyed but converted from one form into another or e=mc2. Mass can be converted into energy and I think one form of energy can be converted into another.

Light energy isn't measured in joules, I think, I could be wrong. Matter can be converted into other forms of matter in terms of elements breaking down, losing electrons in their orbits, and becoming a different element or isotope.

#42 rustypouch

rustypouch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 11:14 PM

Actually, the concept is that matter cannot be created nor destroyed but converted from one form into another or e=mc2. Mass can be converted into energy and I think one form of energy can be converted into another.

Light energy isn't measured in joules, I think, I could be wrong. Matter can be converted into other forms of matter in terms of elements breaking down, losing electrons in their orbits, and becoming a different element or isotope.

Actually, I was replying to the poster who said that energy cannot be created or destroyed, and that falls under the realm of thermodynamics.

Read about it here: http://www.entropylaw.com/index.html

You are correct that matter cannot be created or destroyed,except in certain reactions, but E=mc2 does not cover that, it describes the energy that is released through either nuclear or matter/antimatter reactions.

More here: http://www.geocities.../emc2/emc2.html

Mass can be converted to energy, and it is described in the above link.

Energy is constantly being converted from one form into another, whether it be potential, kinetic, chemical, et cetera.  There is information about it on the entropy law site.

Light energy is measured in joules, and the energy of a photon is a function of its' frequency and Planck's constant.

More information on it here: http://www.colorado....oelectric2.html

Matter can decay into other forms, but I don't think you fully understand the concept of radioactivity and particle decay.

You can discover more about it by going to the index on the above link, or going here:  http://particleadven...ecay_intro.html

I hope you take the time to learn more about the world of physics.

#43 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 13 July 2003 - 05:26 AM

Hi Rustypouch,

I think the key question is that entropy increases, eh?

This is not for you (as I know you are probably familiar with it), but rather others reading this post.  Entropy is the tendancy of everything that is to slide to a lower energy state and become more and more "mixed up" with everything else (confusion always wins in the end *LOL*).  Our bodies go to great lengths in an attempt to maintain the present state and try to destroy mutations, cancers ect.

The key question I think for those with a scientific bent and little to no faith, is OK when I die my (spirit, energy, whatever) goes to another form.  Will that form be coherant enough to maintain my identity, my self, or will my soul/energy disappate among the stars (entropy).

I have, by faith and infrared photos, collected enough evidence to convince me that there is no death.  The only person that we need to convince is ourselves, after all.

Rusty, my sincere hope is that we both meet on the other side and laugh about the fears and insecurities that we both experienced while among the living.

Course, if I'm wrong we never will know will we? ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#44 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:01 PM

I believe I mentioned that the formula shows that mass can be converted into energy. I also understand that it deals with nuclear reactions.

However, I'm waiting for an explanation of how energy can be destroyed. I'm fully aware it is converted from one form to another.

#45 rustypouch

rustypouch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 09:20 PM

maharet:
Mass and energy are not so much converted into each other as they are equivalenced, by the old E=mc2.

Energy cannot be destroyed, so no explanation is forthcoming.

I don't know where you came across the idea that energy can be destroyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users