Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

More Research by Proclamation! (Rant)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:07 AM

Everything below is a RANT and opinion only... I know it's flogging a dead horse and that the eluded to folks are considered the scourge of "ghost research" but, I just had to vent this ol' spleen of mine...

I don't want to give away too much here but, a large, well known 'ghost site' that used to be purveyors of orb-photos a-plenty but, recently left their esteemed membership high-and-dry by getting out of orbage and, by now saying that they didn't tell people to take photos everywhere to catch orbs...

oh... sorry... must stop flogging dead horses... I digress...

Either way, lately, these Universal Life Church accredited Doctors and Reverends* have recently said this about a trip to the Donner Memorial Park in California...

"we will be the first to obtain voices from the Donner Party"

(I can't publish more than this without stepping over the copyright laws...)

Okay, they're proclaiming success before applying experimentation??? Aside from this, how can they say that they're going to get Donner Party voices for sure? How can they voice-match without an original voice recording of the voices in question? Maybe they have a time-travelling motor home that they were able to record the Donner Party way back in history and that's how they can verify?

ARRGH!

If it's a poor carpenter who blames his tools, it must be a poorer carpenter who accredits his tools when he has not even run a dry test!

I'd share the e-mail one of my associates sent them and the responses but that would be bad form... (I can say that the second e-mail said that they didn't have time to answer a single user... so, if it had been a "group" e-mail, it would have been better?)

After all, the group in question are the (now) self-proclaimed Foremost Ex-spurts on EVP Phenomena! (Gotta love people that say they are "experts" in the "unknown"!)

Oh well, they USED to be the Foremost Ex-spurts on Photographic Phenomena! Maybe they still feel they are...?

Hey, these folks coined the term "Orb" in 1996... despite the fact that UFOlogists have been using "Orb" to describe round anomalous lights since the 1960's and the original word "Orb" has it's origins in Latin, Early French and Early English and dates back to before medieval times...

(They also claim "Ecto" and "Vortex" are their's too!)

Sorry but "Research by Proclamation" is irritating enough... this is "SUCCESS by Proclamation ONLY" and that's TWICE as annoying!

- - - - - - - - - - -

* - Wanna be a Reverend of the ULC? That's FREE and takes about five minutes on their website. Wanna be a Phd (Doctor) via the ULC? That'll be roughly fifty dollars and require no tests, no exams and no real work... aside from writing a cheque.

#2 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:23 PM

Do I get to EAT one of the researchers if I join?  LMAO! ;D

I invite you to sign up as a member and stick around for awhile, we don't bite!.....................sorry couldn't resist that one.

Flying Donner ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#3 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:15 PM

Okay, they're proclaiming success before applying experimentation??? Aside from this, how can they say that they're going to get Donner Party voices for sure?

Infidel!  Do not question the ways of our esteemed "doctors."  

How do you know they WON'T get the voices, huh?   :)

Don't you know, the Donner Party has already set two extra places at the table for them.  

(at least I hope)  8)
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:10 PM

I don't like breast meat, too dry
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:16 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................breast meat.......with a side order of whips and chains too? ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#6 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:17 PM

I'll never tell

...and on another note, I'll behave for at least 5 minutes....
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#7 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:37 PM

LMAO!!  Masq, that's about 3 minutes longer than I can behave. ;D

#8 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:18 PM

(I can't publish more than this without stepping over the copyright laws...)

Cutting and pasting more than an excerpt of copyrighted material without permission might be a problem, but providing a link to the published information isn't...

• Guests

Posted 01 August 2003 - 08:31 AM

http://www4.law.corn...ode/17/107.html

"Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."

I'd say I'm okay... I'm not charging and it was a criticism.

#10 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 08:33 PM

http://www4.law.corn...ode/17/107.html

"Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."

I'd say I'm okay... I'm not charging and it was a criticism.

???  Um, I was attempting to point out to you that you most certainly could provide more information than you've have given in your OP without infringing copyright.  

If nothing else, you could provide a link to the website in question so that people can visit it and make their own evaluation.

#11 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 08:43 PM

Oh yeah, "criticism" within the meaning of copyright legislation relates to reviewing the merit of the intellectual property being quoted.

Thirty second of searching threw up this webpage as a source of the one statement which you did partially quote.

#12 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 08:41 AM

You can also vaguely summarize copyrighted information without breaking any laws. That's also allowed.

• Guests

Posted 02 August 2003 - 08:41 AM

Oh yeah, "criticism" within the meaning of copyright legislation relates to reviewing the merit of the intellectual property being quoted.

Thirty second of searching threw up this webpage as a source of the one statement which you did partially quote.

Sorry... No disrespect intended towards yourself. I just didn't want to give more publicity for the site I was criticizing and point out that without giving too much "credit" or resourcing the site in question, I didn't want to trod upon the issue too hard.  My honest apologies.

So, after seeing the page, any commnets?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users