Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Orbs

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 02 March 2002 - 09:50 AM

Just wanted some opinions of what you all feel are the explanation or origin or "orbs".

I have noticed a lot of them being posted.

I personally do not think Orbs are ghosts, authentic orbs are rare, and usually do not appear in multiples.

What makes an orb real?

#2 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 21 March 2002 - 02:01 PM

I too tend to be very skeptical on the subject of orbs... there are way too many factors that could explain them, though i still hold out that there is a POSSIBILITY that they are real.
 Though it is almost impossible to prove for a fact so far that they exist, it is also just as impossible to disprove them.
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#3 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 04:42 PM

I have seen sooo many pics of orbs it make one stop and think. It like their an everyday piece of business, but I have to keep a open mind and decide for my self what I think is a real orb or not ???
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#4 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 21 March 2002 - 08:40 PM

I know what you mean... It seems like some pictures of 'orbs' are obviously a dust particle too close to the camera, caught in the flash.... then again, i haven't investigated all the pictures. :-)
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#5 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 08:56 PM

I haven't taken but just a couple of pic in a graveyard and i was mostly experimenting but when my flash went off it was like the air was filled with little specs of light but they didn't appear on the picture . it was really weird I saw this with my own eye. I'm still wondering about it
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#6 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 09:21 PM

certainly sounds interesting... if i see anything like that, i'll be sure to report it!! My camera's loaded and ready.. now once it gets a but warmer out, I have a few places to test out and see if I can find orbs... If I can't explain them away, and rule out dust, I'm definitely reporting on that!

#7 Seven

Seven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 March 2002 - 10:09 AM

I think in cases like orbs (well, any photo/audio/video) the evidence is only as honest as the person who collected it. It may or may not prove an existence of ghosts..that's a whole different thing.  But if a photographer is careful to remove instances where it is possible it's dust or rain or other causes, than you have an 'honest' picture.  I think the problem comes in where someone takes photos without being very particular about protocol and evaluating and turns up 'orbs'.  It certainly tends to de-value legitament orbs (whatever they may or may not be or indicate).  

#8 CampfireMafiaGhost

CampfireMafiaGhost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 01:30 PM

All pictures of orbs that I get I just dismiss. Like people have said, it could be anything. I have pictures of what I think may be a ghost, it isn't an orb, but a mist, and is in 7 photos, that's out of about 200 taken from this house. Many have orbs, but they can be glass reflections, dirt, rain, so I just ignore them. If orbs are in fact ghosts, then there must be ghosts haunting my car, because I got a lot of orbs floating around it. So I don't think people should get too excited when an orb is spotted.

#9 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 23 April 2002 - 02:40 PM

If you think about the history of photography vs. the history of ghost hunting Im sure you will find two very different stories. I also belive orbs to be an ify topic. There are too many possiable explainations for the existance of orbs. Photograghy , eventhough its been around awhile still has its faults . 35mm vs. digital and so on . Film has come a long way from images burned upon glass to chemical photography as we know it today. There are many variables involved even in photography of the modern era. Faults in film advancing to the next frame , tainted film , bad conditions for picture taking and so on. I have been a ghost hunter for a long time and have seen many different types of photographic anomolies both in digital and 35mm pics. I personally belive in the existance of ghosts and spirits but thats through personal experience not specificly through photos of said ghosts and spirits. I have witnessed things of a supernatural nature which defy logical explaination ergo my love of ghost hunting . I have posted pics on this site for information purposes only . I want the participants of this site to form their own opinions about my pics as well as all the photos posted here . Good investigation entails many different avenues of research including photos. I personally belive if an authentic photo of a ghost or spirit existed it would be all over CNN and so on . Even if you dont belive its always good to keep an open mind about these things . In conclusion Iam certain that any investigator faced with the visual presence of a real ghost or spirit would be so shaken the pic would be blurry anyway  ;D.  Im still searching for that authentic pic  ???.  If you think you have one post it in the Spiritography section of this site.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#10 Seven

Seven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 05:48 PM

*LOL* Good point Rockhauler :D   3 of our investigators saw what appeared to be a ghost at once...the descriptions matched from 3 vantage points and without comparing notes.  No it couldn't be a person in that case.  Whether you (a general, not specific, you)  believe they saw one or not, THEY did and everything they had backed it up at the time. In any case...they all stared dumbfounded and took several seconds to try for the cameras *LOLOLOL*

We have captured a couple of images that based on other work at the same time we believe to be true.  BUT, that's out of literally 1000's of photos.   On the other hand...we have dumped tons of "orb" photos.  It takes a lot before we say.."hey, this orb photo can't be explained"  at least not by what we know right now.

I also agree that an open mind is critical..but that's from both ways.  Not just open to the idea of ghosts, but also that many are natural causes and as ghosthunters or investigators we need to be aware of the weaknesses in our field (if that makes sense) :)

#11 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 06:27 PM

I feel you must have a open mind on anything that has to do with the paranormal and I also belive you should be your own worst cridic. Eliminate the obvious and what you should have is a sound piece of evidence that at least you can believe and would want others to do also :)

#12 Seven

Seven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 07:30 PM

Well said SecretSign...

#13 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 24 April 2002 - 04:38 PM

Sherlock Holmes said it best   :)  "Eliminate all possiable explainations and what remains is the truth" .

Alot of wisdom in that statement  ;D
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#14 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 07:10 PM

That was the phrase I was looking for ;D Rock you took the words right outa my mouth :)

#15 shipoffools

shipoffools

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 11:25 AM

:-[

Give me a break with the 'orb' talk!  Folks, this is the light from your camera reflecting on moisture beads in the air, or it is dust particles on your lens.  Don't fool yourselves!  As I said in the Skeptics thread: I must have scores of ghosts following me throughout my life, because I've had plenty of 'orbs' show up on my prints.  And don't fool yourselves with cigarette smoke floating in front of your flash either!  I'm not a skeptic, I'm a realist.  Show me some REAL stuff, people!  I've seen very few of what I would believe is something "otherworldly" show up on ghost sites, but the worldly is all too obvious.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users