Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Anyone Ever Had Spirits Assist You In Unusual Ways??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

Last week we had new neighbors move in to the apartment directly next to ours. A few days later during a week day when school was out, and their parents were at work, the stereo was turned up so loud that the artwork was falling off of our walls! :clap:

Two of the shadows were just hanging out doing nothing but watching as usual. I jokingly asked them to go next door and make sure it gets quieter over there.

Within 5 minutes I hear a teenage boy scream like a girl and he shouted "GHOSTS!!!!!" and the music went off.

15 minutes later it got loud again, so I sent my shadow "friends" over there once more and within 5 minutes like before, the music went off.

This repeated about 5 more times - which was annoying, but once it stopped it stopped for good.

It's nice to sometimes have our resident ghosts "earn their keep" if you will.

This not only worked out positively for us, but for the neighbors as well. It saved a complaint call to both the apartment manager and the police, so they had a second chance as well.

Just wanted to share this fun tidbit with you. :)
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#2 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:31 AM

In the last place I lived, I tried to get the spirits to put a volume limit on the stereo of the neighbor below, but it didn't happen. However I found a great apartment eventually, where I have not only my stated preferences (calm, balcony and elevator), I had the preferences on my secret list (view on trees).

Perhaps this was better for me. If the stereo had been put out of commission, the guy would have just bought another one. He did spend less time at the apartment near the end of my stay. I didn't wish him ill, in fact I asked that he have a great opportunity that would take him elsewhere. :-D

My friends 'on the other side' help me all the time when I ask for it, and I'm careful to thank them for the help.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#3 Thegrimignis

Thegrimignis

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I'm a really busy high school-er. I am super involved with my school's theater and music programs and i'm also in a puppetry club. <br /><br />Dunno what else to say!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

A week ago I had lost my house keys , and yesterday I found them in my bathroom in my makeup bag.
Joey: Hey, how come I can't remember my past lives? Phoebe: That's cause you're brand new honey.

#4 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

Isn't it great when spirits come to our aid when asked?

Our neighbors are now nice and quiet with no more loud stereos. :wave:

I most definitely thanked the shadows for assisting me in that matter.

I'd love to hear more instances of spirits/ghosts assisting the living. :)
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#5 Robbie-Relapse

Robbie-Relapse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting, Roleplaying, Harry Potter,

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

This one isn't my own experience, but my sisters.

When she was like 19, right out of high school, she got her first car. So, a month or two goes by, nothing, until her accident.

She was driving down a street, and she stopped at a red light. There was a car in front of her. A white car, driving EXTREMELY fast, hit her from behind, and totaled the car... The police came, and told my sister it was a miracle she was even alive... The support beams went through her tires, the back doors went through the front, it was horrible. The front window shattered, and would've killed her, had her seat not fallen backwards......

When she was hit, the car went forward, but she didn't move... and when she hit the car in front of her, she should have been flung forward, but she felt a pair of hands holding her down.

So, that night, she came home, and a picture of our grandfather, which was perfectly straight, and taped down at all four corners, was turned, so that he was facing her bed.

Found it pretty cool, myself. :P

Edited by Robbie-Relapse, 09 June 2008 - 05:43 PM.

#6 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

If we are open to recognize the spirit interacts with us each and every day in large and small ways. So often we find life stranger than fiction. On a daily basis. Many times in most days, if we recognize. So often that there is no considering coincidence. So many syncronisitic events unfolding in succession. There are times such as when I, my self, notice that I have been in tune to others in peculiar ways, such as picking up on another's hand writing style in advance of meeting them, and having them note that I possess their hand writing. Knowing instinctively places people have been or would like to be. Chance locating things, people, places others are searching. Being led, seemingly by chance, to places, people and things we seek. The list goes on..... We all interact (if we chose to be aware) with the spirit each and every day in many ways.

#7 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

I once heard a loud unexplainable noise in the kitchen, when I got there, the meal I was cooking in the toaster oven appeared to be starting to burn. It was something that really shouldn't have been in the toaster oven.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#8 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

The Child spirit my family has dubbed Junior usually enjoys playing small pranks, never harmful, sometimes a little inconvenient but defiantly along the lines of a child trying to get attention.
There was one morning when I still lived there, I felt myself shivering, still somewhat groggy I noticed Junior standing over my bed. I mumbled "I'm cold" just as I said that the blankets on my bed were lifted and pulled up over my shoulders then tucked in, as though I were a small child being tucked in for the night by there parent.
Mumbling "thank you" to her she then faded, and I drifted back of to the land of nod.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#9 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

Last week we had new neighbors move in to the apartment directly next to ours. A few days later during a week day when school was out, and their parents were at work, the stereo was turned up so loud that the artwork was falling off of our walls! :whoohoo:

Two of the shadows were just hanging out doing nothing but watching as usual. I jokingly asked them to go next door and make sure it gets quieter over there.

Within 5 minutes I hear a teenage boy scream like a girl and he shouted "GHOSTS!!!!!" and the music went off.

15 minutes later it got loud again, so I sent my shadow "friends" over there once more and within 5 minutes like before, the music went off.

This repeated about 5 more times - which was annoying, but once it stopped it stopped for good.

It's nice to sometimes have our resident ghosts "earn their keep" if you will.

This not only worked out positively for us, but for the neighbors as well. It saved a complaint call to both the apartment manager and the police, so they had a second chance as well.

Just wanted to share this fun tidbit with you. :angry:

I was being tailgated by this car late one evening and lost it, I was going to flip them off. A spirit let me know it was a cop and not to do it. At the time I was meditating a lot and paying attention to anything like that so I just ignored the person. A half mile later there were roadside lights and he passed and it was an unmarked police car (there was a lot of equipment inside and he was uniformed)
"I disagree with fluffymongering"

#10 edelweiss

edelweiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy reading sword and sorcery books, golfing,watching t.v.,learning new things about almost anything,and of course spending time with family and friends.<br /><br />I recently started running and working out to get myself into better shape, but that is hard because I am not a healthy eater.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

I really don't know if this relates, but I remember when I was younger my sister once told me their was a ghost in my house protecting me. I never really thought about it until recently, but I never once had an injury or any sort of bad thing happen to me while in that house. I have now moved out and still really haven't had anything bad happen to me so maybe the ghost is like a guardian angel protecting me. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share.

>>>Keep your head up.<<<~2 Pac

#11 GottaGetFroggie

GottaGetFroggie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

At a place I worked at back in the 90's we had a lot of ghostly activity as well as a lot of prowler acitity... I worked the graveyard shift... I always thought that the ghostly activity was just residual until that night... we were hearing a lot of footsteps on the roof and tapping at the windows... we knew it was the prowler doing this... It was a shelter care center for children... they were taken from their parents for safety reasons... usually brought to us by the police in the time of an emergency until they could be placed with emergency foster families, so we had prowler problems from parents trying to find their kids in protective custody... Well that night we heard a loud bang from the kitchen area... when I investigated... I found a framed picture that usually hung over the box freezer in the kitchen several feet away on the floor of the main kitchen area... when I investigated the area I also found that one of the doors leading to the dining area of the kitchen was left unlocked... I believe our resident spirit threw the picture to alert me to the unlocked door so that the children and us workers would be safe from a possible intruder that was walking the grounds... I wouldn't necessarily jump to this conclusion but one of the spirits that was rumored to haunt the halls was a former employee... one that in fact had been in my exact position a few years earlier... to me it meant she was still on the job watching over her charges and letting us know that there was danger about... if she hadn't alerted us the prowler might have been able to get into the building through that unlocked door...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users