Most Believable movie.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:44 PM

??? WHAT DO YOU THINK

#2 rebel_princess

rebel_princess

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:x0|Sparta|USA||0|0|MI,Michiganx0|Sparta|USA||0|0|MI,Michiganx0|Sparta|USA||0|0|

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:34 PM

Mothman Prophecies. I've read so many stories and visited web sites relating to the Mothman. I know the movie was semi-fictional, but wow... I just can't see how it could've not happened. And the part where the bridge just gave out in the end... of course, that really happened in real life. It's just too weird how it all fits together.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:09 PM

Hello Rebel-Princess, welcome to GV
Posted Image

#4 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:21 AM

I agree. It ws a fiction movie that explained some truths. But the others were "REAL" tht explained fiction.

#5 honeybeary

honeybeary

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:58 AM

mothman Phrophecies--Ive heard about alot and read a lot of articles so for me its the most believable.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#6 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:12 PM

So we all agree? yay! :)!

#7 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:08 PM

Yep,Mothman Prophecies hands down.It's based on the real life experiences of News reporter John A. Keel.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#8 tat2dwitch

tat2dwitch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Movies, Music, Art.I enjoy many different things.<br /><br />Please check out my Paranormal Investigations group web site!! Its interresting and fun! Thanks........<br />Kat^v^

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:08 PM

I think the most realistic ghost movie (until the end) was the Entity!!!!! that movie scarred the crap outta me!! Either that one or The Excorcist
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night~~E.A.P

#9 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:02 AM

Thank you witch.  however, were those reality based.  The question was
"Most believable reality based movie."
If they are. Cool. linda Blair rocks!

#10 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:40 AM

Yes,both of those films were reality based as well.The Entity in particular was unusually creepy,as it was the first documented case of a woman being raped by a ghost.I believe it was Barry Taft(a world renown parapsychologist)who conducted the investigation into it.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#11 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

I'd have to go with the Entity, now that someone else has brought it up. That movie creeps me out. I like specials like Haunting in Georgia, though. The acting isn't superb of course, but it's still kinda scary because you know it really happened.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#12 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:15 PM

Gr8.. That is weird. Someone needs to start a topic. "Raping ghosts"

that is REALLY weird. I wonder if there are spirit police that can kick there butts!

#13 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:00 PM

i dunno, blair witch was the first movie to creep me out. only one other movie has ever done that.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#14 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:22 PM

I voted "Other", for the movie Don't Look Now.

The atmosphere in that movie is so authentic, you can almost feel the cold, rough walls of Venice's canalways on your fingertips.  So many aspects of this movie feels so real, including the acting and the shocking, mindblowing ending.  This cautionary tale is the Anti-Blair Witch that should be watched by every ghost hunter out there.

<Edited to add:>

Ana,

The Entity!  A prime choice.  That movie scared the bejeesus outta me.  An overlooked classic, I think.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#15 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:31 PM

the exorcitst here. i swear that i have never been so scared in my life. and the fact that it was based on a true story...*shudder* my throat was sore the next morning from screaming so much.

hey camille...i'm going to try and find that movie at blockbuster. sounds like an awesome movie.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users