Several encounters, now high pitched ringing in house

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Georgie

Georgie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

Hi. First time poster. A relative died a year ago and several things have happened since then. First, the week after his death, I was alone and walked upstairs. Pictures that had been on the wall were on the floor neatly laid in a circle. Yes, I was pretty upset as I was in the house all alone all day except for my dogs. A couple of weeks later, a teddy bear I had on a shelf flew across the room and landed beside me. Again, I was all alone and looked at the bear just before it happened and it was securely on the shelf. A couple of months ago, a key to one of our doors was 'tossed' down the hall behind me as I walked to our office. My husband insists there are explanations but now he has none. This morning, a high pitched ringing started in our living room. It is near the ceiling but not coming from it. You can only hear it in the living room and when you leave, you cannot hear it in any other room-not even the room about it. We turned off the power, water and cable and there are no battery devices in the room. Hubby even removed the smoke detectors but we cannot even determine where the sound is coming from as it seems to be coming from the entire area near the ceiling. Our housekeeper heard it before she left this morning and hubby and I both hear it so we know it is not tinnitus. Can anyone help?

#2 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

Is there an attic above that room, or a second floor? Is there an alarm panel in the attic?
There is nothing left to say.Me

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

It does sound like something electrical. But you said that you turned off all power etc. Perhaps something higher up than the house, like power lines near by?
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hard to say without hearing it. Can you record the sound? You will likely need a good quality cassette recorder if it is a high frequency since cheap voice recorders don't reproduce frequencies much above 3 - 4 KHz.If you do manage to record it, post it using a WAV format at a high sample rate (above 96 KBPS if possible.)

Another approach would be the use of a dynamic EMF monitor or wand. This device will allow you to move around and listen at the same time. That may help you locate the source if it is magnetic instead of accoustic in origin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users