• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#16 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:23 AM

No not really its best to see part one and two instead of reading it. Part three starts explaining his parents death more and what really happened. Yes in that picture that I have showed how they are getting older. The whole thing just makes me tingle when I watch the previews. The story as I would describe it is about a beautiful world that I honestly wish was true :).
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#17 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 09:53 AM

My neices have made me a Potter fan, I too like the movies more than the books but maybe thats me getting lazy with old age, i've heard they are coming out with fifteen new versions of the first four books, smaller paperbacks ones so it'll be easier to carry them around for kids,not to mention the kid in all of us :)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#18 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:10 AM

:) wow 15 new versions.. Are you serious, I mean the same thing or they are going to be adding more to each year????.

Does anyone know when the 6th book will be out????

#19 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:58 AM

I've heard it will be Nov 4th(estimated)in 2005 and the title is rumored to be called Harry Potter and the Green Flame, though the author has said herself that shes the only one to know the titles of the next two books, the seventh book i've heard is to be out by 2007, I would love to have the ability to churn em out like that, JK Rowlings is amazing...I dunno if there will be adding more with each book, guess like all things Potter, its waiting to see what magic comes next :)

#20 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:07 PM

That is the best news I heard all week . So part 6 will be out in 2005 correct?

Yes she is an amazing author. The world is so magically beautiful. I wish that she does continue down the line of the stroy and even continue it later on in life when Harry, Ron, Hermonie, and Malfoy has kids. That would be great! :)

#21 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:55 PM

I second that wish hunny ;) Yes, 2005 is suppose to be the release for the book *fingers crossed* should gather the neices and head for the bookstore, i'm sure theres gonna be a bit of a line [smiley=cwm15.gif]

#22 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:10 AM

Oh most definently, I am going to wear my cute little witch outfit for June 4th ;)

#23 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:51 AM

*bounces bounces bounces* hmmmm.... yes, well, I'm not obsessed- honest ;)
when I first heard of them, at the hieght of their popularity I vowed I'd never read them- just because everyone else had and I'm that sort of person, but I was bored one day and there was one lying around... now I'm hooked :D I can't help reading everying I can on them, and discussing them on other boards nonstop and rereading them over and over... I don't know what it is.  I hope I could write anywhere near as well as JKR!!  There's something about it all that just completley emerses you in her world and her characters lives- sweeps you away comepletly against your will.  Or at least for me it did.

I didn't much go for the films... I didn't quite hiss at that screen and almost walk out like I did with LotR, but there deffinately seemed to be something missing.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#24 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 05:59 AM

Y'know, I was first against reading the books, as I had heard nothing but them for years from my 'grown-up' cousins, lol. But spending the summer with them one time, I was bored and being an avid book reader, decided what the hay? Turns out the were some of the best books I've ever read in any genre! lol I have to agree that the two were mildly childish and children-oriented, although still a great read, but the THIRD book was what got me really going, "WOW! I can't believe this book was meant for a KID to read!" lol I was pleasantly surprised to be so thoroughly involved in the book and thought that J.K. Rowling had to be the next L.J. Smith! (high praise if you've ever read her stuff ;D)

I did enjoy the movies, and think that all the actors were wonderful in bringing the books to life, but hands down, the books are SO much better! There's just something about them that makes the kid in me wish they were really real, lol, and I look forward to finishing the entire series once they are all out. My only regret is that I've read them BEFORE the entire series is finished, lol, because now I have to wait...whaaaaa! lol But ana, if you ever get the hankerin' to see why were're all raving about this, I'll be sure to send you the ones you bought for me! ;D And btb, thank you SO much for them...I read them all the time now! ;)

#25 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:24 AM

;).

I am so happy to learn that I aint the only fan that loves this movie on this site  :D.

I agree the movie does bring that child in me that has been hiding for so long. To me, the book doesnt really say " a kid" book. The book's are more adult/child. I love them, and yes I have read the rest of the books before the movie, so I basically know whats going to happen in the next 2 movies.

Now lets talk about the charcters, who's your favorite?

I have to say, I love them all, but something about The main three and the bad boy Malfoy and Professor Snape and Dumbledore, I just loveeeeeeeeeeeee ;D

#26 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:28 AM

My favourite character often changes with my mood... quite a lot of the time it Lupin tho (sorry he doesn't come in untill the the third book) and someone else, whose name I'm not going to say because it might ruin things for those just seeing the films... I really like Dobby and Winky in the books too.  And Neville, you have to love Neville.  Ginny would be my favourite female character.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#27 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:49 AM

Ginny does rock !!!!

and Nevelle really surprised me with his courage in the last book. Like I said before I love every character, good or bad ;)

#28 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:23 AM

As much as I love Harry, I find the interplay between Hermonie and Ron to be sooo very cute! I also like Cho, too, (for obvious reasons, lol), and just don't know what the heck went wrong (sorry if I'm being a spoiler...don't read this part if you haven't read the fifth book!! lol) between harry and her...it was SUCH a cute romance for awhile...sigh. But other than that, I think that all the characters are just too adorable for words...although can't stand that whiny fat cousin, dudley, tho...lol.

#29 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:26 AM

I don't think anyone likes dudley lol and It is cute that Ron and Hermonie have a little crush on each other and they are trying to hide it ;). As far as Cho and Harry's relationship , it got real boring in part 5, Harry stayed in a bad mood with her and they really never even did anything. Malfoy is such a cutie!!!!

#30 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:35 AM

Good God, woman! you've got a thing for MALFOY?? LOL Yeah, he's charming in a very sneering and slighty creepy way...lol. But seriously, did anyone find Order to be a tad bit more boring than the rest of the series?? I mean, they all had boring parts to be sure, but 5 had more than its share of being a bit tedious...still a great book, but I wasn't as impressed as I was with 3 and 4...just my opinion tho! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users