• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#31 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:56 AM

Well he is to young for me. But anywayz, to me part 4 had to have been the best book. The last one was tooooooo boring, harry stayed in a bad mood with everyone. Hopefully the rest get more interesting, but you have to admit that part 4 movie is going to be the best... i mean come on ...we're talking about the World Cup the amazing tasks its gonna be the best ;)
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#32 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:50 AM

Maybe its because I read book five in 24 hours with no sleep, but it never seemed to get boring for me.  My mind was always racing ahead, desperate to find out what the weapon was, and just what JKR would do next- and then the whole connection between harry and voldie, it just made my mind buzz with excitment.  And perhaps because I'm closer to his age, and can sympathise with the bad moods I didn't mind them so much.
But the third book has to be the best... oh the characters in their are sooo good, and the plot line is so intricate- its a masterpiece!

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#33 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:29 PM

I cant wait until part 4 comes out. It needs to come out this summer as well. I swear by the time I see part 7 I will be old lol

#34 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:03 PM

If you're worried about looking silly...
come sit behind me ;)
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#35 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:49 PM

No, come sit by ME! ;) I'd enjoy these books even when I'm too old to do anything but dribble into my incontinent pants! ;D

#36 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:32 AM

lol. Now that was to cute!! We should all sit by eachother and wear our witch and wizards outfit and act like kids again.lol ;)

#37 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

i finally broke down and bought my daugher a copy, she's probably a bit young yet but I try to review her books first anyway, makes it easier as she hangs the book upside down fifty feet away from me and asks me what the word under her finger is
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#38 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:29 PM

My wife has the same problem with me... I mean ....um......... her kids. Yeah. thats what I meant.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#39 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:37 AM

lol ;)

Well I would read it to my son , but he likes to read to me instead of me reading to him. He is only 2 years old and when he reads the Harry Potter book it sounds so cute because he's telling me what happened in the movie part 2 The Chamber of Secrets when  I am reading part 4 The Goblet of Fire. lol

#40 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:22 AM

Nope. Just can't make it through the second book. I'm not sure what it is about these books that make me go "Ugh. Another one?"

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#41 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:55 AM

am yet to read any of the potter series ;D
Posted Image

#42 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:40 AM

Well Moon my suggestion is to see the movies first. I bet you will love Harry Potter's story after that ;)

#43 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:16 AM

yup, let me check out. though am not a movie goer. lets see. maybe DVD's
Posted Image

#44 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:52 PM

I will say that while I enjoyed the movies the books really did give so much more info on the characters and the school.

#45 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:59 PM

I'm sad now. Why the heck can't I get into the books? I can't even FORCE the second one on myself.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users