• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#46 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:55 AM

Because ana banana ;) lol. Don't read the the first and Second just watch the second and then read part three :The Prison of Azkaban:
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#47 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:47 AM

tuh, never skip books in a series.  Its just going to confuse you.  Ana, if it was the childishness of the characters that stopped you reading them... or the appaling acting in the films, then I'll tell you know, the characters grow up convincingly.
If it was the strange and silly world that you couldn't stand then I'm sorry... it remains silly, but be assured that JKR crafted her world expertly and it is one of the most cohesive worlds that I've come across that interplays with our own.
And if it was the children being triumphant against all odds over the biggest bad thing ever to be seen, don't worry, things get much worse, and much more realistic in that respect aswell.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#48 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

Well to be honest I did not become a hugh fan of Harry Potter based on part one. Part two :The Chamber of Secrets: made me a fan and I wanted 2 learn more.

#49 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:57 PM

I read Young Adult/fantasy novels quite frequently, so it wasn't the young characters, or the writing designed for young people. Maybe it's because she's British and I can't wrap my brain around some of the words she uses. lol. I'll try skipping the second one (relying on the movie) and then reading the third one.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#50 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:43 AM

Ok sweetie, and I will garantee that you will be fan number 129,9753,45 ;D  lol maybe even more ;)

#51 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:50 AM

Oh, yeah, ana...the third one was the one that REALLY impressed me, lol. And yeah, I can understand the whole 'british' thing, but seriously, the books are just too enchanting for me to give that much thought...hopefully the third (book)'s the charm! ;)

#52 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:22 AM

I just saw the preview again last night. My husband said that he really enjoyed part one and two so he is going with me to see part three! I asked my son if he wanted to come but of course he said No but he is going to watch his hero Spiderman 2 when that comes out this summer ;)

#53 Katz

Katz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 06:01 AM

I can't wait to see it!!! my sis actually got me into the books and i thought that the first two movies were great and after seeing the trailors I can't wait....just about a month to go now

#54 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:34 AM

Yep it is right around the corner and I am so excited. Hopefully part 4 wouldnt take this long to come out. Well they did have a reason and just in case you didnt know the original Albus Dumbledore died so they had to replace him and film it again! ( Part three that is!)

#55 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:41 AM

Ok Everyone. Just in a couple of weeks we will see one of the best movie that has hit the scenes. So get your popcorn buttered up and make sure you include M&ms and don't forget your outfit, hit the door and be ready to smile!

#56 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:51 AM

ahhhh I hate popcorns!  [smiley=cwm39.gif]
Posted Image

#57 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:31 AM

Ok Moon, you can bring Nachos ;)

#58 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:48 AM

JKR has a new website... www.jkrowling.com i think...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#59 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:57 AM

Thank you!

#60 havstar

havstar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:21 AM

I really like the Harry Potter movies.  My son & I went to the first one and purchased the movie when it came out.  After my husband watched it he was hooked he watched the video with my son all the time.  As the next movie came out he went to the movies to see it and also is excited about seeing the 3rd.  Let me tell you first off my husband hates going to the movies.  The last movie he went to was Harry Potter before that I can't remember.  I think it brings the kid out in him.  I hope they stay with the current actors for the next movie it won't be the same with different ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users