• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#121 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:38 PM

So here's the question..... will you continue to watch the movies if the same actors are not playing the prominent roles? I think you ALWAYS ruin a series of films when lead actors change. I, for one, will likely not continue to watch it if that happens.

Still can't get into the books. lol.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#122 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:51 AM

To be honest Ana I highly doubt that the main characters will ever change. I do believe that occasionally after about a year of another Harry Potter movie the teachers would be likely to change. Almost all of the teachers in this film are extremely old and that could benefit at the end.

As far as changing Harry/Ron/Hermione the movie wouldn't be the same anymore and the story line would have been a waist of time. So I doubt it! I do think that as they become young adults their attitude and their child like ways will change. As it has been proven in part three.

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#123 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:16 AM

The books are great, and the movies are not quite as good, but very good nevertheless :D
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#124 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:14 PM

Anyone heard when the next book is going to be out? I read all 5 of them so far..... Funny, when I go into Borders or Barnes and ask about Harry Potter, the people working there look at me like I'm from Mars. I guess they don't expect a rough looking character like me to be reading Harry Potter books hahaha.....! I want one of those maps that shows people moving around on it.....

;) :D :D

#125 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:48 PM

You reading Harry Potter Tkite?? I am shocked and appalled!!

Only joking :D

Tell me.......are the films any good? I've never watched them because everytime i saw the trailer it looked a bit aimed at the little kids to me, are the books darker or pretty much like the film?
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#126 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:54 AM

The books are better bud.... More in depth. However, the films are pretty good too. Nothing beats the books though. I read the first one through without stopping, except to make some simple food and have a pepsi while still reading..... The others were just as hard to put down. I had never been as excited about a fantasy series since the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

I thought the gal teaching them how to ride their brooms in the movie was pretty good looking - cute face. Too bad she had all those robes on lol

:D

#127 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:47 PM

Im not sure when the next book will come out, but i know that its called "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" I cant wait for it to come out!!!
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#128 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:39 PM

Where did you get the scoop on the next title? harrypotter.com?

I checked their site a few months ago but there was no new news to be heard.......

#129 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:18 PM

Well, I heard it gets really more "grown up" as the series moves along, but that's not why I can't get into it. I read young adult novels on a daily basis, even at 28 years of age... but there is something about the writing style that just does not appeal to me. And it's frustrating because I hear everyone raving about it, and I feel like the odd man out because I can't get into it. My eight year old has read more of the series than I have. lol. Sad. But, I promise to try again. I'm determined to see what everyone so loves about it.

Ana

I have met a lot of people who couldn't get passed the first book, it's because it's quite a chore to read really. My advice to you is see the first two movies and start with the third book, JK's writing style is much more evolved and it romanticizes you into the plot right away. If you went to see PoA in the theater, I still recomend you reading the third book! The movie butchered it. . . in my opnion. Leaving out plot points and really, not grasping the feel of the book at all!
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#130 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:00 PM

Where did you get the scoop on the next title? harrypotter.com?

I checked their site a few months ago but there was no new news to be heard.......

OMG Guys! I'm the perfect person to have come along! If you need ANY HP info ask me and I'll know!!!! Ask me any question, and I'll know the answer. . .
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#131 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:07 AM

TKite... the news would most likely have come from jkrowling.com it's also to be found on most fansites now...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#132 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:20 PM

If you guys didn't know, JKR released 3 HBP chapter titles on here website like a week ago. . .

2: Spinners End

6: Draco's Detour

14: Felix Felicous

Thought you'd like to know! :D

Oh, are any of you guys shippers?

#133 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:30 AM

I MUST KEEP THE HARRY POTTER THREAD ALIVE!

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE WILL BE HERE JULY THE 16th 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#134 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:42 AM

Gin I love Harry Potter. I just hope they finish making the movies before Harry grows up too much. If they are smart they would make them back to back finish all 7 of them. (well the last 4 now) I cant wait to see them. I have the first 3 here and watch them all the time. I have read all the books and even got bookends to match them.
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#135 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:26 PM

Love Harry Potter. So do my boys. Shippers we are.

:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users