• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:09 AM

I can't wait until part 3 comes out this June. I love this movie, it is emotional and brave. The friendship and the love the characters have for eachother is amazing. I don't think I dislike anybody in that movie. My favorite is harmonie she is smart and loving. I can't wait :) :).

Does anyone no when book 6 will come out ???.
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#2 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:19 AM

I don't know when the next book is coming out, but I can't wait until it does.  I've read all the books so many times.

The movie should be awesome!
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#3 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:31 AM

Yea the previews just makes me so happy. The author has an amazing imagination. I sometimes wish the world was just like Hogwarts and Diagon Alley :)

#4 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

me too!  me too!
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#5 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:52 AM

It's weird. I can't seem to get through the first book. Maybe it screwed me up watching the movie before I tried to read it. Now I don't even want to bother. I figure... oh well, they'll make a movie of it anyway. Which is really bizarre because I ALWAYS prefer to read the book rather than see the movie. Oh well... not sure what it is about Harry Potter, the book, that bores me so much.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#6 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:06 AM

So you seen the movie, but not read the book. The book tells more then the movie. I personally love the 4th book "Goblet of Fire" its edgy, there are deaths, and betrayal. Its a really good book and the world of Hogwarts is so amazing. You should read it :)

#7 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:33 AM

Well, I heard it gets really more "grown up" as the series moves along, but that's not why I can't get into it. I read young adult novels on a daily basis, even at 28 years of age... but there is something about the writing style that just does not appeal to me. And it's frustrating because I hear everyone raving about it, and I feel like the odd man out because I can't get into it. My eight year old has read more of the series than I have. lol. Sad. But, I promise to try again. I'm determined to see what everyone so loves about it.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#8 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:39 AM

Well the movie is and books is based on a little boy who parents were murdered. He was left on the front steps of his aunts house. She took him in but treated him like he wasnt even her blood, her son and husband was really mean to him as well, but anywayz. On his birthday , a guy by the name of hagrid told him that he was a wizard and how he got excepted into this school where they teach magic..... Its a beuatiful story and its long, so you will love it....trust me :)

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:50 AM

;D
Posted Image

#10 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:44 AM

Well here is a picture of Harry, Ron, and Hermoine... The Prisoner of Azcaban :)

#11 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:45 AM

Sorry here you go....... and 1.....2......3..... :-*

#12 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:04 AM

Ana,

The nice thing about the bools is that you do get to know the characters SO much better as she is able to go more in depth with each of them. Good luck trying again. Personaly, I've never made it past one chapter in a "Romance" novel either.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#13 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:23 PM

I love the books, they were great I've read them all.  And I have seen a movie then tried to read the book but, I could not do it after watching the movie.

In the picture you can see how much they have grown up on the screen, before our eyes. :)

#14 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:24 PM

Love Harry Potter too.

#15 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:16 AM

YAH for me! I read the first book in the series... but, in all honesty, it was a matter of personal convictions. I promised myself I'd do it, and I did it. It wasn't because the book was just great or anything. I wonder if I could follow what is going on if I just skipped the next book and went straight for the third one. That movie hasn't been released yet and I don't have anything clouding my judgement. Perhaps thats why the first book sucked for me and why I'll, undoubtedly, not be able to get into the second one. So, can you follow the story line in the third book based on what's in the second movie?

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users