Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:41 AM

Did anyone else catch this new show on A&E last night? I liked the fact that someone out there is finally validating what many of our young people are experiencing.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. ....Pericles......

#2 Whitebuffalo

Whitebuffalo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:17 AM

I did not catch it, but I did see some of the previews for the story.
I agree with you. It is about time that someone has had the courage to step forward and say that our children also have the ability to see and hear things. I had an ongoing episode with my daughter when she began her sight. The doctors actually put her on some medications to stop the "voices in her head", the problem was that I KNEW they were not only in her imagination. I refused to give her the medication, and as a result almost did a bit of jail time for neglect. I was not "keeping my child's mental health in mind" when refusing to administer the drugs.
Now my four year old is having the same relationship with The Other Side. I think it is high time that these children are shown that they are NOT alone, and that there ARE others that go through the same things.

#3 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:20 AM

I did not catch the show, and although I am intrigued by the subject, when I first saw the plugs for the new show I immediately thought, "Oh great here they go again, producers taking advantage of another spin off the paranormal craze, children no less".

I fear what they will air vs. what hits the cutting room floor. But I guess I should not judge before I take a look at it myself.

-Pfled
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#4 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

My daughter and I watched. She was glad to see that there were other kids like her. She related to one girl in particular and the headaches.

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

#5 ParaComm

ParaComm

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

I've seen a couple parts of the show.
It seemed like it was staged or that the young people were almost "going along" with what the adult hosts were experiencing.

Its hard to tell when young people are at this pubescent age, whither feelings and emotions are connected to the developing hormones and chemical balances, or whither they are truly psychic phenomenon. It almost seems like they are being exploited for a new television show made to appeal to their age bracket.
Posted Image

#6 Free Bird

Free Bird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

I love watching this show, but it hasn't been on in a month or so. The A&E web page didn't really say if it were coming back. Does anyone know?

FB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users