A gift or an over-active imagination?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 danielle77

danielle77

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hi my name is Danielle and I'm new. I thought I would get an un-biased opinion about my recent occurences with the paranormal.

It all started on my 13th birthday a few years ago. I was downstairs in my kitchen rummaging through my fridge at 10 pm. The lights were all of downstairs, both my parents were awake upstairs and my sister was at a friends house. I noticed it was 10:02 and I was born at 10:03. Suddenly, the clock turned to 10:03 and I heard what sounded like a girl's voice whisper "happy birthday". I screamed and ran upstairs and told my parents what happened and they laughed at me.

Nothing signifcant happened for the next few years until very recently. About a month ago I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom with the door open. Directly behind the bathroom is the basement door, and it was unusually open that morning. Suddenly, I felt something hit me in the back of the head. I picked up the object and found a bobby pin. I turned the corner and asked my sister why she threw the bobby pin at me, but she was sitting at the kitchen table far away.

A few days later I was walking into the kitchen heading for the laundry room with my backpack to put it away. I saw my mom lying on the couch in the family room and my sister sitting at the kitchen table. I put my bag down and suddenly I noticed my mother was not on the couch. I asked my sister where she had gone, but she only gave me a confused look. A few minutes later, my parents walked through the door after walking our dog and they had been gone for an hour.

Sometimes I'll be lying in my bed just reading and I'll hear voices. Once I heard a woman let out a blood-curtling scream and most recently I heard what sounded like a choir of men singing jibberish harmonically.

Just a few days ago, I was in the den and saw something out of the corner of my eye. I always see things out of the corner of my eye, but for some reason I decided to actually look this time. I saw something that almost looked like a white scarf flowing about five feet in the air but it disapeared behind the wall in my living room. The funny thing is, I always have a weird sense about that exact spot in the living room and I always close my eyes when I walk past it.

Whenever I try telling somebody about any of these things, people always laught at me and tease me about it.

Sorry for the long read, but if you have any opinions please let me know. Thanks!

#2 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

Welcome to GV Danielle.

It sounds like your experiencing something, possibly paranormal.
I wouldn't think you are imagining things. If at all possible, try to record some of these events, photographs and or sound recordings.
From your brief description, it sounds to be feminine. Has she ever frightened you? or does she seem more playful?

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#3 danielle77

danielle77

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

I would assume she (?) is playful because of the whole bobby pin thing.

I would like to explore this more, but I am basicly the most easily-frightened person ever.

How can I get over this fear?

#4 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

Danielle,

You should make sure that your health is in good shape before assuming these experiences you are having are paranormal. I suggest going to your doctor for a thorough exam and explain your symptoms to him/her. I would hesitate to bring them up as paranormal occurrences, however - simply bring them up as symptoms that you are concerned about. :P

#5 outsider39

outsider39

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

Hello Danielle, and welcome to ghostvillage.You really have a lot of strange things going on around you,don't you ? Trying to record the strange things that are happening around you someway is a good idea and so is going to your doctor for a checkup.You may also want to tell your friends and other family members to keep their eyes and ears open to see if they can corroborate some of the things that you wrote about.As for as being afraid of finding out that there are indeed spirits in your house,please do not waste a lot of time worrying about that.I have lived in haunted houses my entire life and I have yet to have a spirit do something to really frigten me or actually try to hurt me in any way and I have been around a lot of spirits.Spirits do little things to try to get your attention,like bringing the smell of perfume into a room or the scent of a candle burning,by flickering lights,or by moving small personal items like combs or lipstick around.I have seen all of these things happen.If the spirit is keeping you from sleeping or actually touching you,then say in a firm voice something like " I need my sleep,please do not bother me while I am sleeping, or It frightens me when you touch me,please do not do that. " Then say it is kind of nice to have a spirit around the house.If you want to be playful,that is okay.just do not tear up anything around the house or try to scare me,my family and my friends.This usually works. You can coexist with spirits.I have never lost any sleep or felt frightened of the many spirits that I have lived with over the years.Take care.

#6 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

Danielle

As outsider39 said, just simply talking to a spirit will usually work. I know you had stated that your family do not really support your belief that there may be something there.
So I'm guessing that you may not get there assistance in an investigation. If your parents do not mind if you bring friends over to your house when there not home, perhaps you can have a close friend just walk around the house with you.

First be safe. Then eliminate all other possibilities. Try to find a mundane explanation for sounds and things you see and feel. Look for surfaces that could reflect an image into a room, check for loose doors latches that don't quite catch, un-level surfaces that could allow something to either slide or roll out of position, vents that could allow sound to distort and or travel. Be sure to look around outside the house as well.

After you have eliminated all other possibility you can think of try the rooms you suspect.
Bring a recorder and a camera, one of you carry the recorder and ask some questions. One person on this board had posted the suggestion that only one of you in a team does the talking, that way there is only one voice to contend with when you go over your data.

You may also want to check with the town hall concerning any records that they may have about your home. When it was built, the original owners.

DO NOT be tempted to hold a seine or use a Ouija board. It could be a wide open invitation to things you do not want to deal with.

As far as dealing with the fear that can sometimes go along with encounters, I still get the chills, and sometimes a good fright every once in a while. I have never tried to investigate any of the haunting's that have crossed my path over the years.
But if it was something that I did want to pursue, I would defiantly not go alone, bring at least one person with you.

There have been sprits with me all of my life. This is something that seems to run on my mothers side of the family. I wish I could say that all of the encounters I've had were just playful, one in particular was very violent, others just noisy and frightening, some simply a voice or an apparition that interacted to a degree or was something I refer to as an "echo". Meaning what ever or who ever, is just on re-play; repeating the same movement, walking the same path over and over, showing no sign of being aware.
The only one who has ever been playful is Junior, she resides in my family's home, and has been part of our lives for the past 20 plus years.

Best of Luck, Keep us posted.
M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users