• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Firstlady

Firstlady

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

Hello everyone,

I just joined today. I just had to talk to someone about my experience. A couple of nights ago, I turned the T.V. off to go to bed. Normally, I always leave the T.V. on. But tonight, I decided to turn it off. Anyway, as I began to settle down for bed, I began feeling a little uneasy. As if there was someone or something else in the room trying to get my attention. I didn't see anything, I just felt as if I wasn't alone. I tried to ignore it. Then, some really weird things started to happen. I really don't know how to explain this. It seemed as if I wasn't in control of my body. It was like the feeling you get when you are just about to drift off to sleep. Very relaxed. But, I was awake. I could hear everything that was going on around. Cars passing by, my husband snoring etc. Then, my breathing started to slow down and I could feel "something" not necessarily take over my body but I could feel a presence. It seemed like it was all around me. I also first felt a heavy sensation on my chest. Then, my heart started beating really hard. Not fast. Just labored. I started feeling chills all over. I was so afraid. Actually, I was freaking out. In all honesty, I felt like I was dying. I really did. Every time I tried to speed up my breathing, it was be ok for a minute or so, then I would feel the heavy sensation and the chills all over again. In my mind I heard, calm down, relax. Let it happen. I just couldn't. I really didn't like the sensations. I felt out of control and that I was about to take my last breath. I haven't shared this with anyone but my husband. I just don't know what to think. I have always felt that I'm sensitive to spirits. I've never seen any but I've felt their presence.

#2 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hello and Welcome to the village!

That sounds like quite a terrifying experience. I must ask you however could this possibly be medical? Was there any pain involved? Women do not get all the classic symptoms that men get when they are having specific chest issues. That may be something to investigate.

If this was infact a spirit, is there anyone you know who has died recently and may want to give a message to you? Do you meditate or doing so at that time? Therefore it could have been your guardian angel or spirit guide giving you comfort when they felt you needed it. Often we are open to entities while meditating if we are sensitives or mediums.

Just some thoughts on this and I hoped it helped to clear things up at least a little bit.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

Assuming no underlying medical condition, it could be a form of sleep paralysis. This condition manifests itself in similar manner just at the onset of sleep. Usually it wakes the person back up and they recall a heaviness and inability to move. (Loss of control) This is sometimes attributed to alien abduction as well, but is actually a condition within the person's mind. It is believed to be caused by certain parts of the mind shutting down preparatory for sleep while others have not yet responded.

I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as no other medical conditions aren't present.

#4 Firstlady

Firstlady

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my my post. I really appreciate it. I will look more into those suggestions. Thanks

#5 kilel- da ghosty hunta

kilel- da ghosty hunta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:too much to list, im afraid

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

closes the gates to the village loudly**
GOD! how many of u people are there?! YOU JUST KEEP COMING! MY ARMS ARE GETTING tIRED!!!! STUPID GATE!!!!!!! *gate falls down* uh-oh...
anyway, welcome to GV Firstlady
Posted ImagePosted ImageMissouri Paranormal Society remote junoir member (my location, NY)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users