• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 GPPI_JMe

GPPI_JMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:51 AM

I believe you are correct about Data Hold. If it was a logging unit, they'd advertise that until our ears bled.. Data hold, I'm fairly certain, is just a function that locks the displayed temp on the screen so you can log it yourself.

We thought about setting up a laptop in a room and monitoring the room with all kinds of equipment as well, but the thought of running a laptop in the room and using devices to watch for EMF seemed kind of redundant to me. I'm sure it's possible, I just figured the lap top might interfere too much. I'll definitely need to check with you about how well that works, down the road when you've tried it! :weeee:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 jmander

jmander

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Sorry to keep asking questions in this thread, but I have two more about the Mastech multimeters:

1) It was mentioned earlier that the "K-type meters" have a 40 second lag between readings....are all multimeters "K-type", or does this just refer to the thermocouplers?

2) Are the probes required for temperature readings? Specifically, I'm looking at the Mastech M9508 and MS8264 models...
Posted Image

#18 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:03 AM

Sorry to keep asking questions in this thread, but I have two more about the Mastech multimeters:

1) It was mentioned earlier that the "K-type meters" have a 40 second lag between readings....are all multimeters "K-type", or does this just refer to the thermocouplers?

2) Are the probes required for temperature readings? Specifically, I'm looking at the Mastech M9508 and MS8264 models...

From what I've researched, that is correct... Most multimeters have that type of delay... I've seen some that are as low as 20s but those were pretty expensive... If you're looking for a hand held unit, someone posted about a therocouple thermometer/pyrometer model TIF 7000 in this thread... That takes readings 3 times per second... I'm getting one of these soon... Most places sell them for $180, but I've seen them online for as low as $130... Every now and then there's one on eBay... I was watching one that ended yesterday... I meant to place a bid, but forgot (it ended while I was at work)... It went for $60 with shipping... I'm kicking myself for not trying to up the bid a bit, but oh well... There will be another one down the road...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#19 jmander

jmander

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

I MAY have found a cheap alternative to multimeters etc. for measuring ambient temperature. I couldn't find many details about it online, so I just took a risk and bought one off of ebay for $12. It's a QuikChek temperature probe made by Orion. The seller seemed to think it measured ambient air temperature when I asked, so we'll see.

I'll let you know once it arrives and I've had a chance to test it out...
Posted Image

#20 GPPI_JMe

GPPI_JMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

:Spaz: The TIF ET7000 is amazing. Though it doesn't log the readings you get, it's great for mobile work and tracking temperature fluctuations that are on the move.

Sorry to hear about your missed opportunity, but when you do finally track one down for a good price, you should be quite happy with it. The only downside I've seen to mine is the lack of a back light on the display, but after testing it, and a handfull of other thermometer devices, it seems to be the most accurate and reliable.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users