Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo
- - - - -

How many teams test for gases and pollutants?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

As an investigator, I think it's my responsibility to try and find any natural cause for what constitutes a haunting or ghostly activity. I am looking into getting equipment that can help me test a location for the presence of toxic gases and other possible contaminates.

Have any of the members here found some quality yet affordable ways of monitoring these contaminates? I am looking at some CO detectors, Radon detectors, CO2 detectors, and some HVAC equipment right now, and wanted to know if you have any suggestions.

Blessings,

Dave
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#2 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

This is the kind of outside the box thinking that I like to see. I've thought of many different factors in determining paranormal activity. Why not gases. I actually have a wish list from my professional equipment catalog and there are a lot of meters on it that measure such things. I don't think things such as carbon monoxide or possible radiation leaks should go unchecked. It think the more we can measure and the more we can rule out the greater the possibilty there is to be questioned when something actually does happen.

Ok professional equipment tends to be a bit on the pricey side. But it's a good starting point to at least see what you would want to get. At least if you get an idea you can always search other outlets to gain this equipment.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

Omega Instruments makes a comprehensive line of test equipment for various gasses and other contaminates. It is an area we should consider if we intend to do a thorough research on a location. I agree with obtaining such equipment to the extent needed. What is needed will vary between locations though, not every contaminate is present at every location, especially if it is well ventilated or outside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users