R.I.P

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#136 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

A couple of deaths that struck me, at least in the bigger world, and one of which would seem to resonate with those here at GV - Zelda Rubinstein died yesterday at 76. I love so much the scene in Poltergeist when Jobeth Williams and she are speaking about the other side and Jobeth 'feels' her baby's soul go through her. Zelda always reminded me of my own mother ( she was not quite that tiny, but close, and had that slightly Asian feature). Zelda was also a very early fighter for AIDS/HIV patient rights. Rest in Peace Zelda.

The second, though not related to GV matters is still a great loss to the world academically and spiritually - Howard Zinn has died today. The incredible historian and writer of 'The People's History of the United States'. Though I hope my own passion for history helped my kids become enamored of it and develop their own sense of social justice - Howard Zinn's writings that they read (at least at their high school in our very liberal corner of No. Calif.) truly sparked a questioning light in their hearts. Rest in Peace in a place (I believe) where true peace prevails.
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#137 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Eva Markvoot the subject of the Award winning Documentry "65 Red Roses" passed away yesterday morning as a result of complications of Cystic Fibrosis. She was awaiting her second lung transplant.
In Eva's short 23 years on this planet she accomplished more than most of us could hope in 100 years. She is finally at peace but not without much heartbreak.
I wish I could have had the oppurtunity to meet this amazing young lady in this life... She has taught me that no situation is ever too dire as long as you keep the right attitude. Fly Eva... You earned the wings.
Love life.

#138 Billydew

Billydew

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Reading intelligently written books, listening to music (folk/blues/rock/'50s/'60s/'70s),art,writing poetry, vegetarian cookery, history, animals, astrology and all things mystical, countryside, some T.V., some radio, films, theatre, restaurants, art galleries and museums.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:12 AM

One year ago today my beautiful baby sister - the only sister I will ever have - passed away and left this earth years before she should have done. I hope no one will mind me posting this here as it still seems like yesterday to me, and the passing of time has not healed the pain of her loss at all. I would give the world to have her back. She died just a week and a half after my birthday, and on that day last year when I opened the birthday card she had given me, knowing full well she probably only had days left to live, and that that card was the last one I would ever receive from her, I couldn't imagine there could ever be a moment as painful as that in my life again. This year, of course, there was no card or gift from her, no telephone call, just a huge empty space in my life that she used to fill - ever since we were babies - and that noone else can ever fill in her place. I hope and pray she is with our parents and they are all looking after each other. But my heart is broken still and will be so for the rest of my life. Love you Chrissie. Miss you every day.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." Thomas Paine.

#139 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

Sorry hearing about that Billydew, my younger sister is so dear to me as well, she is my best friend! I can understand your feelings and loss ;)
Posted Image

#140 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

One year ago today my beautiful baby sister - the only sister I will ever have - passed away and left this earth years before she should have done. I hope no one will mind me posting this here as it still seems like yesterday to me, and the passing of time has not healed the pain of her loss at all. I would give the world to have her back. She died just a week and a half after my birthday, and on that day last year when I opened the birthday card she had given me, knowing full well she probably only had days left to live, and that that card was the last one I would ever receive from her, I couldn't imagine there could ever be a moment as painful as that in my life again. This year, of course, there was no card or gift from her, no telephone call, just a huge empty space in my life that she used to fill - ever since we were babies - and that noone else can ever fill in her place. I hope and pray she is with our parents and they are all looking after each other. But my heart is broken still and will be so for the rest of my life. Love you Chrissie. Miss you every day.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I am sure she is with your parents and they are all looking out for you. I know the emptiness you feel. I am 44 and lost my brother almost 25 years ago due to a tragic accident and I have a sister that is 53 and battling malignant brain cancer. I always get sentimental when April comes around because my grandmother and I shared April birthdays. She was my best friend growing up and we always celebrated our birthdays together. She would be 107 years old if she was still alive, lol.. It has been about 10 years since her death and my birthday has always since had that "emptiness" to it.. Best part is that something "paranormal" happens around my birthday each year, and I know it is her. She always had an interest in ghosts, quite the sense of humor and always so "youthful" and fun to be with. I noticed you are from the UK, she was from Yorkshire, England originally and never lost her accent, lol.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#141 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

Thank you for posting this up BillyDew. Really feelin' for your loss. RIP to your sister.

#142 Billydew

Billydew

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Reading intelligently written books, listening to music (folk/blues/rock/'50s/'60s/'70s),art,writing poetry, vegetarian cookery, history, animals, astrology and all things mystical, countryside, some T.V., some radio, films, theatre, restaurants, art galleries and museums.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

A big thankyou to you all for your kind words and empathy. Moonchild, I'm so pleased you have a close relationship with your sister, always treasure that. GhostCat, I am so sorry you have also known the pain of losing a sibling, and that you are now having to watch another one fighting a terrible illness. I send prayers for your sister (and for you) and hope the outcome for her will be happier than it was for my sister. As for the paranormal things that happen around your birthday, I noticed similar things after my mother died 19 years ago, and though my sister seems to be being slower in letting me know she's still around I have no doubt she is. Yorkshire is quite a bit further north than where I live in Norfolk, but I did briefly live in North Yorkshire, for just a few months back in 1978, when I had a boyfriend up there. That accent does seem to be one that sticks! And Jenjen, thankyou for your kind thoughts too. You are all such lovely people.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." Thomas Paine.

#143 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

Here is Eva's "official"obiturary... She made thefront page. Everyone in life should aspire to "love, love, love" as Eva did.
Life and times of Eva M.

Billy I'm so sorry to read about your loss of your baby sister a year ago. I'm positive that she is keeping you safe and wraping you in her loving energy. I couldn't even fathom how hard it must be to lose your little sis. I know I miss my sister terribly because she moved in with her BF right after Thanksgiving. She had her bedroom next to mine and now it feels so empty upstairs but at least I can text her and she only lives 20 minutes away so she comes to the house pretty often... When we have a younger sibling we often feel it is our responsibility to try and protect them, but that isn't always a possibility. You have my deepest sympathies. Sisters surely are a true gift (as are brothers).
Love life.

#144 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

WCW/WWE Star Chris Kanyon Found Dead at 40
Posted Image

- Former WWE and WCW star Chris Kanyon was found dead in his apartment in Queens, New York early this morning at age 40. We're still waiting official details but it's believed he died from an intentional overdose of pills, a suicide.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#145 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:05 PM

Peter Steele, the singer, bassist and chief songwriter for the heavy metal band Type O Negative, died on Wednesday. He was 48.

His death was announced on the band’s Web site (typeonegative.net). The announcement said that the cause had not yet been officially determined but appeared to be heart failure; it did not say where he died.

Mr. Steele had battled substance abuse for many years, but the band said he had triumphed over his addictions. “Peter had been enjoying a long period of sobriety and improved health and was imminently due to begin writing and recording new music” for the band’s next album, the online announcement of his death said.

Type O Negative, based in Brooklyn, was formed in 1990 and attracted a loyal following. Its style was a mixture of goth gloominess and heavy-metal intensity; the songs Mr. Steele wrote explored dark themes, sometimes with dry humor, as reflected in titles like “Life Is Killing Me” and “Everyone I Love Is Dead.”

The band’s “Bloody Kisses,” released in 1993, was the first album on the Roadrunner label to be certified platinum.

RIP Peter, you will be missed.

Posted Image
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#146 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Ronnie James Dio :drink2:
Posted Image

http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=140129

Edited by MoonChild, 17 May 2010 - 08:21 AM.

Posted Image

#147 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

You beat me to it Moonie. Dio...you will be missed.
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

#148 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#149 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

The autopsy of Paul Gray, the bassist for the Grammy-winning metal band Slipknot, will be conducted Tuesday, authorities said.

The autopsy, including toxicology tests, will allow medical examiners to determine Gray's preliminary cause of death.

He was found dead Monday morning by staff at the TownePlace Suites in Des Moines, Iowa, said Sgt. Dave Disney of the Urbandale Police Department.

Gray was 38.

http://edition.cnn.c...x.html?hpt=Sbin
Posted Image

#150 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:29 AM

Posted Image

Gary Coleman, the adorable, pint-sized child star of the smash 1970s TV sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes" who spent the rest of his life struggling on Hollywood's D-list, died Friday after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He was 42.

Coleman was taken off life support and died with family and friends at his side, Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Janet Frank said.
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users