#151 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

Legendary screen actor and Hollywood rebel, Dennis Hopper, has died at the age of 74, local media reported Saturday.

Hopper was best known for his role in the epoch-defining late 1960s film 'Easy Rider', although he also starred in 'Apocalypse Now', and 'Blue Velvet'.

His death was reported by the Los Angeles Daily News, saying the actor died at home in Venice Beach, Los Angeles, with his family in attendance.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#152 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

Rue McClanahan, 'Golden Girl' Blanche, dies in NY

http://news.yahoo.co..._rue_mcclanahan
Posted Image

#153 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Rue McClanahan, 'Golden Girl' Blanche, dies in NY

http://news.yahoo.co..._rue_mcclanahan

so sad I use to love this show
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#154 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Pete Quaife, the original bassist of the Kinks, has died, according to bandmate Ray Davies. Quaife was 66.

The cause of death was not released, but Quaife had been suffering from kidney problems for several years.
Posted Image

#155 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

Mitch Miller dies at 99.
http://today.msnbc.m...-entertainment/

Our family never missed a week of his show. I learned a lot of great songs, and loved to sing along.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#156 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

We lost one of the most popular tv moms, Barbara Billingsly of Leave it to Beaver passed away.
http://tunedin.blogs...=rss-topstories
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#157 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

A couple days ago, we lost a tv mom. Today we lose a wonderful tv dad. Tom Bosley from Happy Days died today. No cause of death was mentioned in this article.

http://www.csmonitor...-Days-patriarch
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#158 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Actor Tom Bosley, who is best known for his portrayal of Howard “Mr. C” Cunningham on ABC’s classic television sitcom Happy Days, died at 4 a.m. ET Tuesday of heart failure, MSNBC reports. He passed away in his house in Palm Springs, Calif.

Edited by Cryscat, 19 October 2010 - 08:11 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#159 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

Tom also battled lung cancer and its now being reported that he passed at a hospital in Rancho Mirage, Calif. Which is next to Palm Springs.

#160 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

"Book 'em Dano!" We lost James MacArthur, well known actor and son of Helen Hayes.

http://tv.yahoo.com/..._obit_macarthur

#161 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

Author Zecharia Sitchin passed away on the morning of October 9th, 2010.

#162 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

A truly great actress, Jill Clayburgh, died Nov. 5 of chronic leukemia:
http://news.yahoo.co..._obit_clayburgh

#163 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

'Naked Gun' Funnyman Leslie Nielsen Dead at 84

Leslie Nielsen has died. The funnyman who Roger Ebert once referred to as the "Laurence Olivier of spoofs" passed away after suffering complications from pneumonia.

News of Nielsen's death was reported on Canadian radio station CJOB Sunday.

Nielsen's nephew told CJOB that the actor had been in the hospital in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for 12 days and that with family and friends by his side at 5:30pm Sunday "he just fell asleep and passed away."

Posted Image
Posted Image

#164 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

Many people either do not know, or have forgotten, that he started out as a romantic lead and hero in movies. He found more work playing villans and bad guys so he did that for many, many years. He was always a practical joker in his personal life and people loved him for his sense of humor. That's how he got into doing comedy - at the urging of friends like Johnny Carson. I'll always remember him from Forbidden Planet. What a loss to us all.

#165 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

Leslie Nielsen was awesome as a serious actor and as a funny man. He was absolutely hilarious in his deadpan comedy routines in Airplane, Police Squad, and the Naked Gun movies. I hated to hear that he passed away.

"surely you can't be serious?"
" I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users