Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

R.I.P

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#31 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

~Todd called me at work today & told me about Bernie Mac...it's truly a sad day in Hollywood today. I loved his acting & comedy....he was very down to Earth and he will be greatly, grealy missed. Sooooooooo young too. Bernie Mac, may you rest in peace.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#32 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

Isaac Hayes, soul legend and voice of Chef on South Park, passed away at the age of 65.
http://www.independe...-65-890384.html
What a sad week it's been.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#33 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

World's Tallest Woman Dies at Age 53...
INDIANAPOLIS - A woman who grew to be 7 feet, 7 inches tall and was recognized as the world's tallest female died Wednesday, a friend said. She was 53.
Sandy Allen, who used her height to inspire schoolchildren to accept those who are different, died at a nursing home in her hometown of Shelbyville, family friend Rita Rose said.
rest of article
Love life.

#34 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

Jerry Reed died today at the age of 71. Jerry was best known as the co-star of Smokey and the Bandit.
http://news.yahoo.co...us_nm/reed_dc_4
Posted Image
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#35 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:18 AM

Former UFC Middleweight champion Evan Tanner was found dead at only age 37. He went missing while on a camping/ survivalist trip in the desert.

News Article

Posted Image

#36 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

Richard Wright, keyboardist, Pink Floyd
I knew of Pink Floyd from a friend of mine and began to love their psychedelic, push it to the limits, music. I like classic rock and I do have a 4 of their albums.
So RIP and I'm sure there are many here in GV who are way more familiar with Mr. Wright's work than lil ol me.
Anyway, as a Pink Floyd fan, just thought I'd post this....(from CNN btw)

LONDON, England (AP) -- Richard Wright, a founding member of the rock group Pink Floyd, died Monday. He was 65.

Richard Wright (right) and a reunited Pink Floyd earn cheers at 2005's Live 8.

Pink Floyd's spokesman Doug Wright, who is not related to the artist, said Wright died after a battle with cancer at his home in Britain. He says the band member's family did not want to give more details about his death.

Wright met Pink Floyd members Roger Waters and Nick Mason in college and joined their early band, Sigma 6. Along with the late Syd Barrett, the four formed Pink Floyd in 1965.

The group's jazz-infused rock and drug-laced multimedia "happenings" made them darlings of the London psychedelic scene, and their 1967 album, "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn," was a hit.

In the early days of Pink Floyd, Wright, along with Barrett, was seen as the group's dominant musical force. The London-born musician and son of a biochemist wrote songs and sang.

The band released a series of commercially and critically successful albums including 1973's "Dark Side of the Moon," which has sold more than 40 million copies. Wright wrote "The Great Gig In The Sky" and "Us And Them" for that album, and later worked on the group's epic compositions such as "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" from the "Wish You Were Here" album.
iReport.com: Share your thoughts and memories of Wright and Pink Floyd

But tensions grew between Waters, Wright and fellow band member David Gilmour. The tensions came to a head during the making of "The Wall" when Waters insisted Wright be fired. As a result, Wright was relegated to the status of session musician on the tour of "The Wall," and did not perform on Pink Floyd's 1983 album "The Final Cut."

Wright formed a new band Zee with Dave Harris, from the band Fashion, and released one album, "Identity," with Atlantic Records.

Waters left Pink Floyd in 1985 and Wright began recording with Mason and Gilmour again, releasing the albums "The Division Bell" and "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" as Pink Floyd. Wright also released the solo albums "Wet Dream" (1978) and "Broken China" (1996).

In July 2005, Wright, Waters, Mason and Gilmour reunited to perform at the "Live 8" charity concert in London -- the first time in 25 years they had been onstage together.

Wright also worked on Gilmour's solo projects, most recently playing on the 2006 album "On An Island" and the accompanying world tour.

Gilmour paid tribute to Wright on Monday, saying his input was often forgotten.

"He was gentle, unassuming and private but his soulful voice and playing were vital, magical components of our most recognized Pink Floyd sound," he said. "I have never played with

Whatever

#37 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

Paul Newman died today at the age of 83.
Posted Image
http://movies.yahoo....2253216000.html
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#38 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

How sad :clap:
Posted Image

#39 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

Good Journey, Paul :clap: Say hello to my Uncle Jimmy, who could have been your identical twin.

#40 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

Farewell to an incredible actor, and one on my heros.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#41 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

Celebrity style sniper 'Mr. Blackwell' dies at 86

Posted Image

"Mr. Blackwell," 86, whose annual worst-dressed lists skewered celebs for their fashion mistakes, died Sunday of complications from an intestinal infection.

Blackwell began his infamous criticisms almost 50 years ago, way before Joan Rivers and the fashion flock honed style sarcasm to the daily lambasting it's become in mags such as Us Weekly and InTouch as well as on TV shows and the internet.

Article
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#42 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

Author Tony Hillerman died at the age of 83. Sorry to hear he's gone, as I rather liked that mystery series, having mostly grown up out in the desert and loving the familiar settings so well-described.
http://today.msnbc.m...om/id/27396463/
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#43 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:36 PM

Michael Crichton, the million-selling author of such historic and prehistoric science thrillers as "Jurassic Park," "Timeline" and "The Andromeda Strain," has died of cancer, his family said.

He died Tuesday in Los Angeles at age 66 after a long battle with the illness.

Chrichton was a brand-name author, known for his stories of disaster and systematic breakdown, such as the rampant microbe of "The Andromeda Strain" or dinosaurs running amok in "Jurassic Park," one of his many books that became major Hollywood movies.

"Through his books, Michael Crichton served as an inspiration to students of all ages, challenged scientists in many fields, and illuminated the mysteries of the world in a way we could all understand," his family said in a statement.

The 6-foot-9-inch author was also a screenwriter and filmmaker, earning producing and writing credits for the film versions of many of his titles. He also created the TV hospital series "ER" in 1994.

In recent years, he was the rare writer to get on well with President Bush, perhaps because of his skepticism about global warming, which Crichton addressed in the 2004 novel, "State of Favor." Crichton's views were strongly condemned by environmentalists, who alleged that the author was hurting efforts to pass legislation to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide.

A new novel by Crichton had been tentatively scheduled to come next month, but publisher HarperCollins said the book was postponed indefinitely because of his illness.

"While the world knew him as a great storyteller that challenged our preconceived notions about the world around us — and entertained us all while doing so — his wife Sherri, daughter Taylor, family and friends knew Michael Crichton as a devoted husband, loving father and generous friend who inspired each of us to strive to see the wonders of our world through new eyes," his family said.

Article

RIP :hug:
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#44 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

Big loss. RIP Michael Crichton
Posted Image

#45 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

Awesome man!
Rest in Peace Michael.
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users