R.I.P

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#76 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

I just now heard on the news that Michael Jackson was found dead. I'm looking into it.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#77 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Wow Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcet both died today! May they both r.i.p.
I was a fan of both way back in the old days of the early 80s.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#78 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

It appears that the reports about Michael Jackson's death are indeed true.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#79 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

Here's the Michael Jackson story.

http://www.foxnews.c...,529103,00.html

Regardless of what anyone feels about him, it's unexpected.

Edited by Axman, 25 June 2009 - 05:43 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#80 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

~Oh my God.........this is awful. I told Todd that this must've been what it felt like for my step-mom (whom I adore) when Elvis died. I just can't believe it. I just watched on VH1 the Jackson 5 Story........my heart goes out to his family & 3 beautiful children.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#81 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

Michael Jackson passing is the main news story. Happened about 2:30 pm pdt. He was 50. same age as my husband. My heart goes out the members of his family.

Also to the family of Farrah Fawcett. She also passed away this morning, due to cancer. She was 62.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#82 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

The passing of Micheal Jackson is indeed a tragedy. It makes me very sad about Farrah Fawcett too. Two major icons from when I was a child are gone. It makes me feel old.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#83 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

Its strange. Poor MJ. seems like alot of good celebs are dying lately.

Edited by Ike, 25 June 2009 - 10:23 PM.

Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#84 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

Wow Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcet both died today! May they both r.i.p.
I was a fan of both way back in the old days of the early 80s.

I hate to say it, because I thought they were both good people, but at least they are now completely free of the paparazzi, fame leaches, and gossip seekers. I hope they are at peace now.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#85 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:22 AM

Still in shock over MJ. Wow. May he RIP.

Whatever

#86 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at his home
Posted Image

Billy Mays, the loud, fast-talking pitchman who epitomized the infomercial spokesman, died Saturday at his home in Tampa. Mays, who would have turned 51 on July 20, was found by his wife. Police do not suspect foul play.
However, Mays was aboard Saturday's U.S. Airways Flight 1241 flying from Philadelphia, which suffered a rough landing when its front tire blew out. He told a Tampa TV station that he was struck in the head during the incident. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

Dressed in a trademark blue shirt and khaki pants, the husky, bearded Mays had been among the best-known infomercial hucksters on TV for more than two decades, pitching cleaning products, wonder tools and other "as seen on TV" items that eventually made their way into retail stores.

Mays began his sales career selling portable washing machines on the Atlantic City boardwalk after graduating from high school in 1977, beginning a career that would take him across the country, where he pitched products at state fairs, conventions and home and garden shows.

It was at a Pittsburgh home show in 1993 that Mays would jumpstart his career. There, he met Max Appel, founder of Orange Glo cleaning products. Mays began promoting OxiClean and other Orange Glo products on the Home Shopping Network, and sales took off. Mays continued to hawk OxiClean after the company was sold to consumer products giant Dwight and Church. But his showmanship lent itself to scores of other infomercial products that provided the blue-collar Mays a lavish lifestyle.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#87 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

I just heard about Billy about 45 minutes ago.

#88 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

~I do believe that maybe the heavens are in need of angels. This is just crazy...all these folks just passing away. And what's going on with the similarities of the age??
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#89 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

Another sad note. Actor/Comedian Fred Travalena has also passed yesterday June 28, 2009. He has been battling Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for the past several years. He was 66 years of age.

Here's his website http://www.fredtrava...om/index01.html

Edited by Axman, 29 June 2009 - 06:56 PM.

#90 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

Another sad note. Actor/Comedian Fred Travalena has also passed yesterday June 28, 2009. He has been battling Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for the past several years. He was 66 years of age.

Here's his website http://www.fredtrava...om/index01.html

Wow, we are just losing celebrities left and right lately. I really liked Fred Travalena. I always thought he was a better impressionist than Rich Little, and that is saying something!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users