How do I know if I am sensitive?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robinhood

Robinhood

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

I have to start off by saying that I was raised in a very conservative christian home. Having said that, I am aware that because of my upbringing, it makes me skeptical of many things. But a question has been nagging me for years...am I a sensitive. I have been told that I am, but how do you know for sure?
I can remember an incident when I was very young, but it was dismissed as a freaky dream. My younger sister and I used to share a room and a bed. One night I had a dream that my sister and I heard something and went outside and into the woods behind our house. There was a fire glow and as we got closer we heard native american chanting...and saw indians dancing...we watched them for a long time...until they realized we were there...we ran back into our house and shut the door...at that moment, my sister and I both awoke and sat straight up in our beds...I was holding her hand...we had the same dream. We told our mother about it, it was dismissed as a just a dream...a few years later, a new subdivision was being built behind our house, but construction was halted for a time. We saw a report in the local newspaper that a small indian burial site had been found and was being moved so that the local construction would continue...this upset me very much as we have quite a bit of native american geneology in our family.
I never really thought about it again until about 7 years ago. My husband and I were renting a house. The house behind ours gave me a really eerie feeling and I always kept all of the blinds shut on that side of the house and I would not go into the back yard. My best friend and I were looking at some photos taken the weekend before, and she noticed orbs in my photos...I never noticed them before. We pulled out all of my photos and noticed that all of my photos taken after my grandmother died had orbs and anomolies in them. We had them checked and they were actual anomolies...not caused by lights or anything and most of them taken by different cameras. I still didn't think anything of it...just passed it off. The anomolies started showing up more in my pictures as well and a arc of light on my forehead in one of them...we also had these photos checked, but no one was able to tell me what the arc of light meant. Strange things had been happening in the house...I would just explain them away, until other people started noticing...tv going off and on, windows being opened in the house...my friend's car radio being turned off, dog freaking out. My friend's husband and another friend of ours decided to sneak over to the abandoned house behind ours and see what was there...they peered through the windows and I did not believe what they saw...it scared them to death. Pictures of death on the walls, pentagrams, livestock skulls...I made them go take a picture. A few nights later, there was a break in to my son's room. His dad was on the road, so he was sleeping with me...Our dog instantly started going crazy and I let him out of the room and raced to stay behind him...he tried to get through the door of my son's room...when we finally got the door open, things were moved around and the window was open. I called the police out and they thought I was crazy...no footprints outside the window, no fingerprints on the window...nothing. They tried to tell me that my son who was sleeping next to me opened the window...he was only 5 and there were special locks on the window that he could not open. After this incident, my best friend convinced me to set up a tape recorder by my bed...I could not listen to the recording by myself, so she came over...we could hear people talking right by my bed, stuff being banged around, doors closing and opening...and through it all you could hear me breathing in deep sleep. In this same house, i caught a glimpse of a man walking behind me while i was brushing my hair...not long after we moved...my friends were freaked out and would not come around anymore. We moved down the street to another house, and all of the bad things subsided, but I still felt uneasy...and cautious. I didn't have very many experiences in this house...maybe because I was trying to forget about it and ignore it. I did however have a photo taken of me...and in the photo was what was explained to me as a "ghost writer". I don't really know much about this, but in the photo next to me was an orb...but the orb looked like it had something in it....we scanned it in and blew it up...the orb said "Hi Robin"...just as plain as day....we again sent this photo to be examined....they were eager to see it... I was told things like that are not caught very often....It scared me so bad that I got rid of the photo.
We lived there for about 4 years before finally purchasing a house out in the country. I love it out here, it's peaceful and quiet...not many people around. I work from home which is nice and things seem to be normal, but I keep wondering.
since we have been in this house...almost a year, I have had a nagging urge to get back to nature...nagging to go back to roots. My son and I raise rabbits...we also have chickens, and grow a garden. I love being outside, but a lot of times when I am outside I feel like someone is looking at me from far off, but none of our neighbors are outside....all at work...no one around. Like I said, I work from home...I call clients for the company I work for. I check on them to make sure their work was done to their satisfaction...but I seem to pick up something from each client, if they seem sad...then I am instantly sad....if they are sick, I start to feel very nauseated...by the end of each day, Tue-Thurs, I am emotionally drained and a lot of times will now have a migrane by the end of the day. I now dread my work days.
Also, as I said before, We live in the country and raise animals...I can tell when something is going to happen to my rabbits....I can tell if one is going to die. I can also tell when it's going to rain, but that has always been attributed to my rheumatoid arthritis.
So now I am wondering....am I sensitive? Were these things coincidences, or have my sensitivites switched to nature instead of abandoned houses???
If anyone has any input, I would sure appreciate it...I know I am not crazy, but would like to know what it is.
Thanks

#2 Robinhood

Robinhood

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

BTW...These were just a few of the major examples of things that have happened...I would just like input because I have already figured out that ignoring it doesn't work...the feelings are still there. So now I am just wondering what I am supposed to do with it???

Edited by Robinhood, 08 July 2008 - 05:06 PM.

#3 spiritworlduk1

spiritworlduk1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Clearance and Rescue

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

BTW...These were just a few of the major examples of things that have happened...I would just like input because I have already figured out that ignoring it doesn't work...the feelings are still there. So now I am just wondering what I am supposed to do with it???

Hi Robinhood,
I will make one suggestion to you, Find a good medium or sensitive and they will show you how to control your gifts. Never try to master them on your own. Seek the advice and you will learn. It is very important to be guided with a good tutor. That way you will enjoy and find your true potentual from your gift.

best regards
ALAN
Regards fromwww.spiritworlduk.com

#4 diaos

diaos

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

Hi Robinhood,
I will make one suggestion to you, Find a good medium or sensitive and they will show you how to control your gifts. Never try to master them on your own. Seek the advice and you will learn. It is very important to be guided with a good tutor. That way you will enjoy and find your true potentual from your gift.

best regards
ALAN

Not really true...I was 13 when I found out I was a sensitive...I had no one to help or teach me...now I'm 17. I mastered them myself, whether or not I've completly mastered them or not I'm still not sure...but 4 years of being by myself and finding out that 3 of my best friends are sensitives as well....I have taught 2 of them...the third has taught himself like I did. The 2 people I've taught, now are learning to control what they have...so far the 2 I've taught are able to sense something wrong with anyone around them now. Also we have a great connection with each other. There has been a couple cases where I have actually heard the others thoughts. This is something very new to me and never really believed in hearing others thoughts....but now it seems that I can...but its only randomly, for now any ways, but I plan on trying to develope this power. But right now I have a problem....We all sense that something is wrong and all of us are worried. One of my friends has a neice and she is a major sensitive and she is only 3. She has told me things I didn't even sense, until three days later. She has helped me save the life of my bestfriend...now she has said to her that the ghosts are going to get her....all of them. That is what she had said and I'm a little worried about that because I have had my own personal run in with bad spirits. My other friend is wanting to bring my girlfriend into this, ( b/c she is a sensitive ), but I don't feel right about that. She hardly knows anything, and if brought into it knowing that little when something is wrong can make her a prime target....she already has the problem in her house that lights will turn on and off, and doors that were locked open. Her lights have come on once before with me over there. I sense something but it don't seem to be a threat....more like a kid playing jokes than a threat. So many things have popped up in my life with in these last 4 years. You don't always have to have someone teach you...not all people have someone who can teach them. But I want a little input on what to do in my situtation...if you have any.

#5 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

A christian medium would be a good place to look for advice/learning.

It does sound like you've got some things going on (of course, only you can find out the extent of the sensitivity through study and prayer... so none of us are going to be able to say "yes, you're sensitive"... though I've had a couple people walk up to me and tell me I've "got the sight" during my lifetime... always an absolutely surreal experience let me tell ya).

There are a few things you can do. You can ask God to turn it off if you don't want to see. Even a couple years ago I would have told you that I wished I'd known that one. Now I have accepted it and am in the process of learning -- something that will take the rest of my life, and yours, if you decide to follow that path. You can find a local medium who will take you under his or her wing and help you advance beyond what you could do yourself (there is training that does really rely on prior learning... you can do a lot yourself but you, at some point, need to go through "psychic college" if you're ever going to use your gifts for the greater good). You can just accept it and not try to learn anything but not freak out when it happens, secure in the knowledge that this is something you have and at some point you're going to be called on to use it for the greater good. Or, you can continue to try to ignore it (not a good idea, as I'm sure you've already learned). None of these options are written in stone. You can always change your mind about what you want to do at some point in the future.

Something I would recommend for you right now is to look up Echo Bodine (www.echobodine.com) and find some of her books either at your local bookstore or library. A very good one is "A Still Small Voice"... which will help you learn about intuition and sensitivity. If you'd like to do some things on your own, "The Key" is a good place to start with that. I recommend her both because I know of her and she has an excellent reputation AND because she's a Christian and has struggled with the whole question of "traditional" Christian viewpoints and psychic abilities and has a lot of good insight into the whole thing.

I do know the conservative Christian upbringing thing. I remember when I was about 7 or 8 and it became obvious to my father that I had inherited the "family curse" trying to convince me that it wasn't real without actually coming out and saying "I know you see things and that's against God's word". I also remember being in a Christian youth group and being told (without the tellers knowing about me, personally) that any psychic ability was one of Satan's tricks and that to do anything but deny it would be tatamount to signing a deal with the devil for my immortal soul. I also remember losing Christian friends because it "slipped out" and they figured it out.

I didn't have the knowledge or ability to tell them then... but since I've come to understand that prophets and miracles aren't some far-off fairy tale from biblical days and when the Bible was completed, miracles no longer occurred. They are realities today and even though I shrink from the idea of being a prophet... those of us with sensitivities have some small portion of the same abilities that true prophets do. Somewhere along the way it's gotten perverted and people have taken that power away from God and ascribed it to satan... which is a shame... that people can't believe God would continue to give us gifts of the spirit but that, instead, demonic forces are waiting to spring on us at every turn and are more powerful than God Himself. True sight is of God. Be assured of that. It is a gift given every single person in varying degrees. What we do with it is up to us and our free will... and we can use it for God and the light or we can use it for darkness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users