• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GPPI_JMe

GPPI_JMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

Is anyone aware of an EMF Data Logger that only measures DC fields, on the market? I haven't been able to locate one in my searching, and was hoping I might find one to add to a stand alone, research module I'm working on.. I'm aware of the Alphalab Natural TriField Meter - but haven't seen any of these with pc link interface or data logging capability.

Important note: If it measures power lines, computer radiation, cell phone radiation, etc., it isn't DC.. Just want to clear that up first. I'm aware of a few AC models on the market, but my interest is not in these.

Anyone care to take a stab at finding one of these? Or possible suggestions? Is this suggestion too far "ahead of the times?" ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

I too have been looking for this type of data logger as well... If I come across anything I'll let you know, if you find something please do the same...

I'm also looking for a barometer datalogger as well, but the ones I've found are around the $350 range... ;)

Christopher
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

I have a schematic on my website for a static EMF monitor. It does exactly what you want, monitors the background steady state magnetic field of the earth. (DC). It uses a Hall effect sensor and has either baseline or floating point reference.

As it is now, I don't provide a calibrated output since the exact strength of a field in milligauss is rather meaningless in devices of this kind. (the strength is prportional to the distance from the source which is varaiable, thus any definitive value is also varaiable.) It would be possible though to sample the output of the monitor and use that to establish a reference value for each application and feed this to a datalogger. (That might be something I want to add in a future version of the monitor.)

Click the banner below for the site, then choose the Paranormal Destination. There is a sub topic on equipment with the schizmos.

#4 GPPI_JMe

GPPI_JMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:55 AM

Wow.. That's most impressive. Now, I need to touch up on my schematic reading! About how much did that little beauty run you to build, if you don't mind me asking?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

That would cost around $100 for someone with electronics ability to put together. Of course you could cut that cost more if you have basic components laying around and don't have to buy everything.

BEC Labs can also provide one built and tested for around $300 by special order. The reason for the indefinite price is that it can be customized by the client to a certain extent based on their needs. We build custom equipment for various functions to customer speifications.

#6 GPPI_JMe

GPPI_JMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:31 AM

Now, do these log the data internally, allowing the user to link the unit post investigation and upload the recorded information? Or is this something that needs to be connected to the computer during its logging process?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

My system as built does not log the data. You would need to take its output and run it through an A to D converter module. These are readily available with their appropriate software for many data logger systems. (Software varies depending on your particular system) You could also input it to your computer. As a stand-alone system it allows you to set a window and should the background magnetic field drift above or below this window, the system will alarm and the meter will display the polarity of the offending field.

#8 GPPI_JMe

GPPI_JMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

Yikes! The more you explain this, the further it sounds from being possible for me to build one.. I know a little bit about technogadgets, but not this much!

Well thank you for the info on it! I will keep it in mind, and may still give it a shot, building one! :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users