• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 blackkwhind

blackkwhind

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:02 PM

lol anasuya dont even get me started on those harry potter movies(thus i avoid the thread lol)
but i have not read alot of stephen king's books(since im 14 and my mom wouldnt let me read them til i was like 10...i understand y lol) but i have read i think...
carrie(very goo, scary), fire starter(boring, a lil interesting), the shining(soo awsomely scary!), the girl who loved tom gordon(one of my favs! exciting), and pet sematary(book rules! its creepy). i loved everyone of them except maybe fire starter. i personally thought that was really boring. as for movies... ive seen pet sematary(sucked badly), rose red(not a book but writen by him as you know), It(scary yeah), and the shining( it caught my attention). i am defiantly going to read more of his books but alot of them are sooo long that it will take me a while lol. as for his movies... i will never see a movie before i read the book...EVER! they arnt at all as good as the books
hehe :P

~wind~
::i am the WHO in the call "whos there?"::i am the WIND blowing through your hair

#47 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:59 AM

hey blackie have you read 'salem's lot yet? that is a SCARY BAD_WORD book! i didn't sleep very well that night. LOVED christine, very creepy and well written. the shining...*shudder* i'm still creeped out about it! i was kind of little when i saw it and i honestly thought my dad was going to go crazy and kill us all. lol that's why i don't watch it. i loved dreamcatcher and the green mile...i think that's one of the few movies based on his books that stacks up to the book.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#48 blackkwhind

blackkwhind

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:12 AM

im gunna have to read alot of books but  that will be no problem at all, my mom is a huuuuuge king fan and i think she owns every book hes written so i can juss go to a book shelf and take one and read it. my mom said that she couldnt finish christine cuz it was bothering her too much..hmmm that means i HAVE to read it then hehe. also she told me about some other books he has written, but she never told me the names, if anyone knows the name, tell me i wanna read it.
ok, she said theres this one about a magical pie or sumthin that it breaths and stuff.
another is when a guy can see life threads comming from people's head and he knows when sumone's going to die.
ok thats all i remember, wat r then names of those?
::i am the WHO in the call "whos there?"::i am the WIND blowing through your hair

#49 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:15 AM

I think the magickal pie is in reference to the book "Thinner", which is an excellent read and thoroughly entertaining. The life threads thing might be "The Dead Zone", although I've never read it. That's by King right? Not too sure about that one.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#50 blackkwhind

blackkwhind

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:40 AM

im not sure, but she said it was. oki thanks i wondered wat the names were. yeah now i remember it, thinner, the pie i think that made u thinner or sumthin..?

#51 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:29 PM

hhmmm....where is this magickal thinning pie?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#52 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:40 PM

I want one!
Don't be a newt!

#53 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 04:26 PM

i'll take five!

#54 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:49 PM

the pie was Thinner and I think its a Bachman Book and the life threads is Insomina and I loved it
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#55 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:22 PM

Wow, see, I thought you had to BE an insomniac to finish that book. It was boring enough to put me to sleep!

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#56 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:28 AM

I loved it, was bizarre not horror and hint hint it ties in with the Tower books
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#57 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:18 PM

No wonder I didn't like it! lol. I stopped reading the tower books in the middle of the third one and that was YEARS ago. I don't even remember what they were about anymore, so I wouldn't have notice a connection anyway. When King finishes the Tower series, I promise to read them. lol. I'm not getting invested until then.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#58 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:30 PM

what is the tower series about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users