• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 haunted

haunted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:02 PM

Has anyone read the book, 'The Haunted: One Family's Nightmare'?

Robert Curran with Jack & Janet Smurl and Ed & Lorraine Warren.
All of which were the writters....

#2 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 05:58 PM

I have seen the movie but haven't read the book.

#3 Chula6971

Chula6971

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:04 PM

I've read the book and have the movie on tape from when they first showed it on Fox back in 1992.
I thought the book was a helluva lot better than the movie, but I'm sure they ahd to edit the movie due to being aired on public television.

I've learned you can't make someone love you, all you can do is beat the crap out of them until they agree to.

#4 softy-girl

softy-girl

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:19 AM

I have read the book and have seen the movie. I too enjoyed the book alot better than the movie.
You don't have to see it to believe it!

#5 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:20 AM

I read the book a few weeks ago and the movie just aired last night on the Sci-Fi channel. I was quite disapointed with the movie. It was more like a short summary of events I guess because it was made for TV and they couldnt' show the scary stuff. I actually live only 5 minutes away from this actual house and got a really freaky picture last month! The book was awesome though!

#6 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:04 PM

explanation please?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#7 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:21 PM

The book was pretty good. Wasn't overly impressed with the movie, although it WAS made-for-tv, so what more can be said. I'm not sure if I believe it's an actualy account of true events, or if some of it was fabricated to help sales.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#8 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:33 AM

explanation please?

We drove by the house and took a few pictures last month. The first picture we took, had several orbs and several freaky faces clear in the window. Then the next pictures had a few orbs in different places and then the last few had nothing at all in the pictures. It was just really bizarre.

#9 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:54 AM

Well, post those pictures already! lol. I'm dying to see them now.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#10 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:38 PM

Well, post those pictures already! lol. I'm dying to see them now.

Ana

Let me see if I can figure out how to add pictures and then will post it.

#11 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:47 PM

Ana,

I just posted the pictures on the photo section. Its titled "Faces in the window". I have the original picture and the zoomed in picture. :)

#12 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:35 PM

Thanks. I also enjoyed the book more then the movie, but I did think for a FOX movie it wasn't too bad.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#13 Bizzy

Bizzy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location:x0|Stockton|USA||0|0|CA,Californiax0|Stockton|USA||0|0|CA,California

Posted 15 May 2004 - 12:13 PM

does anybody know where i can get a copy of the movie from? i would really appreciate it if someone is willing to sell me their copy. ive been looking for this movie for years and not even blockbuster video doesnt have it.

#14 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:54 PM

does anybody know where i can get a copy of the movie from? i would really appreciate it if someone is willing to sell me their copy. ive been looking for this movie for years and not even blockbuster video doesnt have it.

I have never seen where you can buy this movie and they don't have it in the video stores since it was a made for TV movie. You should check with the Sci-Fi Channel schedule because they air this movie alot. They actually aired this movie last Sunday. The movie was ok but the book was really good. I'd definately look for the book if you get the chance because it gives so much more details and information that the movie can't show. The book is called, The Haunted One Family's Nightmare by Robert Curran

#15 amyo0o0

amyo0o0

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:10 AM

The best scary book EVER is The People in the Attic, by Doretta Johnson...I would absolutely recommend it! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users