Photo

The Haunted: A True Story

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 pantherfirephd

pantherfirephd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Professional freelance writer. Primary areas of expertise are parapsychology including ghosts, poltergeists and animal psychic phenomena, anpsi, the relationship between the psychic and the psychological and the paranormal, especially cryptozoology and anomalies

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

I am an expert in parapsychology and the paranormal. The Amityville Horror, actuality Scamityville is a more fitting name, has been debunked. It was a fraud perpetuated by the Lutzes and William Weber, DeFeo's attorney. The Haunted is, in my opinion, in the same category. Demonic possession, spirit possession and exorcism were a part of my doctoral thesis in counseling.
When I was debunking Ed and Lorraine Warren for a ten page paper I sent to the American Society for Psychical Research, I did extensive research about the Warrens and so-called Bishop McKenna. According to the Allentown, Pa of the Roman Catholic Diocese, there is no bishop or priest by that name. He is a member of the Dominican Order of Preachers, an order that is not recognized by the Roman Catholic Church. The Scranton Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church did have an exorcist investigate, Father Alphonsis Trabold, whom I spoke to in 1997 when I was researching the Warrens. At the time, he was at St. Bonaventure's University in New York. He said the Smurls believed they experienced some phenomena, but he could not say that it was demonic. No exorcism was performed by the Roman Catholic Church. Anyone who has sturdied exorcism knows that laypeople do not have a preist who claims to me a Roman Catholic Bishop, at their beck and call to perform dog and pony show exorcisms that are not even done according to church doctrine. CSICOPS was also involved in the Smurl Case and debunked it. They have a website you are free to look up. As for The Haunted, it does profile Ed Warren as the arrogant male he is who believes he knows more that the Bishops of the Roman Catholic Church and the psychiatrists who investigate cases of suspected possession. Satan's Harvest is another book co-authored by the Warrens that show the arrogance. Ed does not even know the stages of possession according to the Church! And, he claims to be a good Catholic. Both books are worth hearty laughtter!

#17 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:07 AM

[move][glow=red,2,300]welcome to gv pantherfirephd ;D
[/glow][/move]

#18 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:03 AM

Wow pantherfire. Thanks for sharing! It's good to hear from a source who actually had first-hand dealings with some of the people involved in these cases, when determining their validity.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users