• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:52 PM

I want to tell you something that happened to my husband in KY. As most of you know he grew up there and then came to S.C. There is this cemetery if opened orignally in 1811 and was located behind the st. louis church. The church later relocated to the Catholic part of louisville in 1831. So the graves was dugg up and moved. The grave sites was later moved to the present St. Louis cemetery which was opened in 1867. Poor souls removed from their burial sites and buried three times. More than a mile of limestone surrounds the cemetery. 50,000 burials have taken place in this cemetery.My husband being a teenagers at the time, and a friend decided to go to the cemetery to "hang out" Someone had broken the doors to one of the vaults, they went in abd it appeared to be the entrance to catacombs. Later on the neighbor on rufer ave. backyard fell into what appeared to be the catacombs. Rufer ave. sits on the side of st. louis cemetery in between barret and baxter ave. My husband on another night same friend was walking on the wall and ''fell'' and hit a cross headstone. This cemetery is said to be very haunted. Here's a site with some beautiful pictures.
http://stevelutzphot...50_tXzPo#P-1-12
Don't Judge what you don't understand.....Beth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users