Entities that harm animals?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mehitabel

mehitabel

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:45 AM

I'm new to this forum, but not new to paranormal experiences. I seem to have periodic episodes. A friend of mine passed away a few months ago, and as a result, another friend put me in contact with a psychic to see if he had a message for me. During that session, the psychic said some energy in my house was very strong and started blocking her.

Yesterday, as I was sitting on my bed reading Buckland's "Book of Spirit Communication" I heard a plop on the bed next to me. My cat was hanging from a curtain. I think if I had not been right there she might have hanged herself. I had to cut her collar and left it hanging on the curtain, so that other people could look at it to see if they could figure out how that could have happened. So far, no one can. The curtain was actually threaded through the ring on her collar, as if someone stuffed the fabric through it.

Although I'm sure it's unusual, I've been unable to locate any information on incidences involving spirits harming or attempting to harm animals. If anyone on this forum has information related to such incidents, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

#2 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:37 AM

mehitabel,

Welcome to GV.

Though I cant say off hand that I have ever herd of an entity attempting to harm an animal, I would not doubt the possibility.

M

Edited by Atropa belladonna, 24 August 2008 - 07:40 AM.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#3 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

sorry trying to remove yet another double post.
I swear sometimes my Internet connection is haunted.

Edited by Atropa belladonna, 24 August 2008 - 07:42 AM.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#4 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

If there are Entities trying to harm humans I'm not surprised there are entities trying to harm animals. For some, harming a beloved pet is more effective in terms of harming the life of the human who owns that pet.

#5 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

I had one incident where a spirit injured one of my cats.. interesting topic, and you are the first that has brought it up. My grandmother who passed away about 10 years ago, comes back to "visit". About 2 years ago, she was coming to visit quite often during the early morning hours, banging pots and pans, etc.. she used to love to bake early in the morning when she was alive. Anyway, my cats were frantic during her "visits".. they usually would come up and sleep on my bed after I heard them running through the house like a stampede, which is so unlike them, they are calm cats that love to sleep. After one of these frantic morning experiences, one of my cats, the biggest one had a huge lump on the top of his head, in between his ears. My first thought was that he was running wild with his brothers and bumped into something as he is a big Maine Coon cat and can't slow his body down quick enough. His big bump within hours got bigger and he made it worse by scratching it, so I took him right to the vets. He had his lump drained and one of those huge collars put on...but the vet kept inquiring how it happened... I explained what I knew and just thought he ran into something when he and his brothers were running wild through the house at night. Then I was thinking that there was no way he ran into something. Cats don't run with their heads down to bang into things. This bump was on the top of his head, in between his ears as if someone hit him.. I knew it was my grandmother that could have done this..when she was alive and had stayed at my house, she had gotten angry at my Siamese cat for hissing at her and she bopped her on the top of the head with a newspaper. There was no explanation for my cats head injury. I was very upset and spoke out to my grandmother to never hit one of my cats.... all paranoramal things in my home stopped at that moment. None of my cats have been frightened or injured since. I don't know what to think about what happened to your cat, just glad you were right there to save her. Your situation is a little bit more scarier than mine. Why would a spirit try to "hang" your cat? What was your relationship to your friend that died? I would stay away from that psychic too, seems like she/he is bringing something bad into your home.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#6 mehitabel

mehitabel

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

I had one incident where a spirit injured one of my cats.. interesting topic, and you are the first that has brought it up. My grandmother who passed away about 10 years ago, comes back to "visit". About 2 years ago, she was coming to visit quite often during the early morning hours, banging pots and pans, etc.. she used to love to bake early in the morning when she was alive. Anyway, my cats were frantic during her "visits".. they usually would come up and sleep on my bed after I heard them running through the house like a stampede, which is so unlike them, they are calm cats that love to sleep. After one of these frantic morning experiences, one of my cats, the biggest one had a huge lump on the top of his head, in between his ears. My first thought was that he was running wild with his brothers and bumped into something as he is a big Maine Coon cat and can't slow his body down quick enough. His big bump within hours got bigger and he made it worse by scratching it, so I took him right to the vets. He had his lump drained and one of those huge collars put on...but the vet kept inquiring how it happened... I explained what I knew and just thought he ran into something when he and his brothers were running wild through the house at night. Then I was thinking that there was no way he ran into something. Cats don't run with their heads down to bang into things. This bump was on the top of his head, in between his ears as if someone hit him.. I knew it was my grandmother that could have done this..when she was alive and had stayed at my house, she had gotten angry at my Siamese cat for hissing at her and she bopped her on the top of the head with a newspaper. There was no explanation for my cats head injury. I was very upset and spoke out to my grandmother to never hit one of my cats.... all paranoramal things in my home stopped at that moment. None of my cats have been frightened or injured since. I don't know what to think about what happened to your cat, just glad you were right there to save her. Your situation is a little bit more scarier than mine. Why would a spirit try to "hang" your cat? What was your relationship to your friend that died? I would stay away from that psychic too, seems like she/he is bringing something bad into your home.

#7 mehitabel

mehitabel

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

#8 mehitabel

mehitabel

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

#9 mehitabel

mehitabel

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

Thanks for the replies. I think the idea that if humans can be harmed, so can animals makes sense. If a disembodied entity caused this incident, I'm sure it wasn't my friend who died recently and I don't think the psychic did anything but recognize its presence - which may have stirred it up. Right now my plan is to just keep my awareness up and see if the situation escalates or perhaps goes away. I don't hang with people who would harm animals, so I'm sure it wasn't anyone I know or have known.

The only other incident I've had since living in this house was the materialization of something I had misplaced, which was the detachable end of a drawer. It had been missing for a couple of months. My friend and I were sitting in my breakfast nook talking and heard a "thump." I looked over and the drawer end was on the floor. I thought it might be a communication from another friend of mine who died about seven years ago. He was a retired biology professor but was into all sorts of things, including witchcraft. I've recently had a renewed interest in "communicating with the dead," so that may have something to do with this also. I'll post any more unusual experiences that occur for the interest of those involved on this Board.

Really do appreciate the input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users