• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:16 PM

Uh-oh...I've seen this debate on Ghostvillage before and it wasn't pretty!

#17 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

Here's a related question for those of you who have intimate knowledge of the workings of cameras, why would a camera ever capture something not seen with the naked eye and under what circumstances would that happen if it's possible?

And another one just for discussion...what if all "sightings" of spirits are on a psychic level and we don't really see them with the eye but sense them with some other part of the brain or soul and then our brains create the image based on that "6th sense.?" If even some ghost sightings are like that then photos would never capture those kinds of "sightings."

I like using real film for anything important...just a personal preference. Although film gets expensive after awhile, especially if you snap off pics like mad at a site or even just photo a haunted site to document everything without expecting ghosts to show up in the pics. So digital is certainly a big help. As for the "which is better?" or "which constitutes better proof?" questions...it's been debated to death before. :blush:

#18 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:35 AM

I personally like film, simply because I am not going to take the time to try to fake any pics intentionally, operator error is always a possibility. But a digital as a back up would be fine IMO.
Live every day as if it was your last, it could well be.

#19 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

Actually a camera CAN see outside what the eye can detect. Of course there are limitations based on type of camera and film if applicable. Or as is well known, a digital or video camera can detect light in the near IR portion of the spectrum. Don't believe it? Just point your TV remote at your camera and press a button while taking a picture of it.

Of course that doesn/t mean you'll capture anything paranormal just because you use a camera. Truth be told there is no proof the paranormal has anything in the IR spectrum, only theories. But the topic here relates only to whether a camera can detect outside the visible spectrum, not that it detects spirits or whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users