• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rescue103

rescue103

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Paintball, Firefighting

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

I appologize for posting a new topic about this, but I have looked around the site and have not seen anything about filters...

I have a Kodak easy share p850 camera, and was thinking about getting a filter for it. What kind of filter you recomend???

Also if anybody else has one of these what setting did you use for taking Ghost pictures???

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

There are numerous filters (polarizing, color, nuetral density, etc.) available for various cameras. There is no "best filter". Each does a particular function and each provides different results. My adise would be to determine what factor you want to apply to your picture then use the filter that provides that function. Results have been obtained from each, although the results may differ based on the nature of your case.

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

I don't try to capture ghost photos with digital, but still have a small collection of filters for live shots. Polarizing filters are adjustable, so you can control reflections. There are filters for blocking UV frequencies, getting rid of the yellow tint caused by fluorescent lighting, etc. If you use a border filter (such as one which blurs everything outside a certain shape) or a "star" filter be sure to mention those when requesting comments.

Filters can be expensive - the good ones start at about 30 bucks - so you may want to buy them piecemeal.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users