Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Went to Selleck with 3 of my friends. Very very eerie there...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 neohippynate

neohippynate

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:21 AM

Anybody who tells me that this is just a small quiet caring town, i cant quit believe you. Me and 3 of my friends visited this town late at night with absolutely no intentions on vandalizing, egging, yelling,etc. or whatever people say happens there. As we drive up to this big building (i dont know what it was but it was the biggest building we saw through that town) we watched a person dressed in white looking through the window on the upper level of the building looking out the window in a dead-stare. Not looking at us though, and he ducked down very slowly. As we turned around in this cul-de-sac type thing after passing it we noticed the very place the person in white was was now pitch black and the light turned off. (I will admit this part) We drove up infront of the big building and waited a few minutes just to see if anybody was actually in there and the flood light of the building turned on to us and we heard this weird yell that sounded sort of like this "Yooooooooeee". One of my friends claimed to have seen some movement in the hallway right inside the front doors but none of the rest of us saw it. The whole time we all agreed that we had this eerie feeling of being watched or in danger. If anybody that lives in the town is reading my very words right now, I can see why people want to keep coming and coming more ofter. No offense but your town is very weird and eerie. What is really goin on there?

#2 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

I don't know if that was a ghost you saw or it might be someone trying to scare you away. Maybe they've had problems with vandalisms etc. so they're wary of strangers. Where's Selleck by the way?

Whatever

#3 aftermidnight

aftermidnight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hello, Im not sure if they are still on here but there was some posts a while back about that town. They all had stories about town people chasing away out siders. I think one of the posts was even from a town person.
Anyway good luck and be very careful.

#4 neohippynate

neohippynate

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

I don't know if that was a ghost you saw or it might be someone trying to scare you away. Maybe they've had problems with vandalisms etc. so they're wary of strangers. Where's Selleck by the way?

its in washington state around the maple valley ravensdale area

#5 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:56 PM

Here's a link to a previous thread about Selleck that was closed. I would not recommend going there at night. Not because it is haunted. It absolutely isn't, according to the residents who are SICK AND TIRED of young kids driving around their town between 9 PM and 3 AM and bothering them. Leave the poor people in peace and they will not bother you. In other words, after reading the entire four pages, I have concluded this: if you go there, you are just asking for trouble and will be bothering innocent people.

http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=10309

The town is populated. People, a family lives in the old school house and their children get scared by all the activity of teens driving around, screeching their tires, cussing, throwing rocks and eggs at the houses. Imagine someone doing that to your nice quiet street/house night after night when you have to get up and go to school or work the next morning. You probably wouldn't like it.

I'm not directing this at anyone inparticular, I am just very sad for the people of this town after reading the old thread, so I am hoping this won't all start up again in Selleck. They do not deserve to be intruded upon by endless onlookers at all hours of the night. If you want to see the town and respect it and its residents, go during the day.

Edited by Kira, 20 September 2008 - 08:59 PM.

The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#6 Kentnative

Kentnative

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

Here's a link to a previous thread about Selleck that was closed. I would not recommend going there at night. Not because it is haunted. It absolutely isn't, according to the residents who are SICK AND TIRED of young kids driving around their town between 9 PM and 3 AM and bothering them. Leave the poor people in peace and they will not bother you. In other words, after reading the entire four pages, I have concluded this: if you go there, you are just asking for trouble and will be bothering innocent people.

http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=10309

Hello. I found the other link (now locked) for Selleck and felt the same way after reading it.

I was born in 1968, and grew up in Kent. So did both of my parents (KM graduates), and my mom's father was one of the original farmers in Kent. I have deep roots in good old Kent. Even though now I live in Bellevue I own a rental house in Kent and enjoy going back there. A lot of the original families I knew back then, friends of my parents, are still around. But Kent has really gone down hill in terms of the class of people, and it's really crowded.

So I will share some information about "ghosts" for people in the area. As for Selleck, I never once heard it was haunted in any way, and I believe those are all stupid rumors all from this website. As a kid we went to Lake Retreat (near Selleck) then later we would go out to Kanasket-Palmer to race our street bikes on that long road. I'll never forget hitting 145 MPH on a Ninja 900 there, a speed I have since never reached. There was never any belief that Selleck was anything but a small town.

Now for you ghost seekers, I will share most of what I know of ghosts in Kent. First of all there is "Baby Monster". Anyone reading this know of that place? It's haunted. In high school we used to go there and sit next to Baby Monster and talk. There is a very old cemetery at the north-west intersection of highway 167 and 212th Av. The area used to be isolated except for the cemetery, but someone built a large driving range (golf) years ago. Then it became a very popular Winco Foods (as it is now). I am sure everyone drives right by it, thinking it's just a plot of undeveloped land. If you come down the hill on 212th, drive past the Winco entrance, and just before driving over 167 you will see the small cemetery on your right. I haven't been there for years but I know it's still there because I've watched the development go up around it, noticing that they never disturb the cemetery. I don't recall the exact location of Baby Monster, but look around and you'll find a really nice headstone that has these large words "Baby Monster" on it. No, I am not joking. All of the other headstones are tired and unattended, but Baby Monster for some reason was always kept nice. There is no other name on the headstone, just the dates of birth and death, indicating that this person died shortly after birth. You'll notice the presence of a ghost here.

Next in Kent is Dead Man's Cave. Find Marion Street (on Scenic Hill in Kent). Dead Man's Cave is found in the steep hillside at the end Marion Street (west between the end of Marion, and Central below, see a map). This hillside is haunted, and an old cave exists there.

There is one other location I know of but out of respect for the few people living on that road I will not mention it.

#7 Kentnative

Kentnative

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Here is a link to the cemetery where you will find Baby Monster

SAAR - PIONEER CEMETERY
http://www.rootsweb..../saar/saar.html

#8 Kentnative

Kentnative

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

Here is a link to the cemetery where you will find Baby Monster

SAAR - PIONEER CEMETERY
http://www.rootsweb..../saar/saar.html

I looked around online, and found that someone took a photo of the Baby Monster headstone and put it in their online collection, see this link:

http://manimal420.de...onster-77384726

#9 birdwoman

birdwoman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

Selleck

#10 birdwoman

birdwoman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

I know these posts about Selleck are old, but after living there for three years I would like to dispel the rumors. Selleck is only one of two towns on the Washington states' historical places list. The building you see when you first drive in is a school that was open until 1989. The bottom is used for storage by the owner and some of the residents. There are cameras for two reasons. The first is because the residents put the rent payments in a drop box. The other reason is to get pictures of car licenses, and faces several of which have been taken to court. The owner of Selleck had planned to remodel the school into for apartments. Because of its historical value they were not able to do it. The residents are not trying to hide anything. In the spring and summer we like to take advantage of the weather. 6 of the houses have bonfire pits in the backyard. We also put a pool in our yard that we all used then the house next to us had the bonfire. There were no gates in the yard. During the summer windows were always open because we had no AC to cool us off. That is why we got mad when cars came speeding through, it woke the kids up and scared them. After the kid were in bed we all got together outside to drink, talk, laugh and swim. So when the teens come speeding through and driving laps around us we stopped it. We used 2x4's with nails if they kept going after that we stood infront of the car. One night a car that drove around honking, people yelling, firing paintballs weekly, happened to drive through during one of our bonfire s. We were all familiar with this repeat offender and had no intentions of letting it continue. We walked to put front portches and laid out our items to stop the car. This car was inches from hitting my dog. I got them to stop. My other neighbors all came over too. 10 of us surrounded the car and 6 remained on the side.4 of these guys were carpenters or crab fishermen. They are very tall and really buff. I told the driver to get out, he was crying and begged to go home. Yes, this kentlake quarter back was crying. My nephew went to the school so i knew who he was. They all had lettermam jackets on too. 2 cheerleader s,2 football players. The guys got the kids out of the car. While i told them off they found who the car was registered to. These teens then had to clean up the paintballs. We also called the parents and told them to come and get them. If we called the police they would be arrested because they broke 5 windows and ran over 3 mailboxes. After the parents came we took very detailed pictures, copied the surveillance video s too. I called the athletic director at school and told him what the four athletes had done. These kids were all suspended from sports for a year. They also were ordered to pay for the window s. We don't sit around waiting for cars to drive around at night. Because it is so quiet and we sleep with windows open it is very easy to hear once you hit gravel. I am a medium and a paranormal investigator. When I first read the rumors that the town might be haunted i went into every single building. I did not sense anything, picked up no evp's, and no audio or video caught anything. There are over 20 children that live in selleck. There are tree houses, forts,a creek that look like they were in a movie. When we lived there my kids played outside all day. They didn't want to watch tv or play video games. To this day my daughter says it was the best place to live and she's right. There is an article about Selleck in the Seattle times from 2008. Hopefully that will help you learn a bit more about this historical city. Give the residents a break.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users