2 replies to this topic

#1 curiousme63

curiousme63

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:36 AM

Hi! I am curious about something.

On an episode of Paranormal State there was use of some sort of device that picked up the responses of Ghosts and translated into a computerized sounding voice that could be more easily understood.

Did any of you see that episode and do you know anything about this device?

If this is for real it would seem that it would be widely used in this field.

Just curious as usual. Anyone?

#2 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:44 AM

Yes, it's called the Ovilus... You can find more information about it at www.digitaldowsing.com... The way I understand it, it analyzes the EMF and I think temperature, assigns it a number which correlates to a matching # assigned to a word... However, I don't hold any value in this device... It's not clear how did the designer determined that a specific EMF readign along with the other measurements it takes correlates to a particular word???

The webiste even states that this device is for entertainment purpsoses only...

From the research I've done, it seems this device only spits out random words every now and then... It hardly responds appropriately during EVP sessions... The fact that it did what did during Paranormal State is extremly rare...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

The device works by assigning a digital value to a series of about 500 words it has in its library. Then it compares the random noise patterns from its input to find which pattern matches closest. It is a very inexact science, and similar methods have failed miserably when applied to voice recognition applications. As a research tool it is worthless. As a novelty or party game it might be good, as they say, for entertainment value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users