• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

Okay, the house across my street has been nothing but bad luck. I moved here about five years ago. And, I always thought people just didn't like living here. But then I asked my mother.
The first person to live in the house when we were around, was a man. He had alot of bad luck. He lost his job, got sick, and about three other things I've forgotten. Then, he bought our old van, and moved with his girlfriend a couple states away.
I'm not sure about the two boys that lived there. Whenever I saw them they weren't too happy, though.
The next was a small family. The boy there started getting into fights with his stepdad. Getting in fights at school, and some low grades. Then their mother was diagnosed with cancer.
Our current is an elderly couple. Our lucky lady has a foreighn disease, shes hadn't had much trouble with it. Until they moved here. She gets sick very often. And they have two beagles. Arrow, who was a healthy male dog, now blind. Bessie, an old girl who was doing real good, now dead.
I've decided this stops here. These people need help, and any future owners who come across this house. I'm not sure if its a ghost or not. Or demon, whatever. But what should be done if they don't go away if I ask, or tell them to?
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#2 Addielass

Addielass

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:14 PM

I personally don't think you should do anything, other than maybe talk to the realtor or current owner. But if you start scaring away potention buyers, you might have a lawsuit on your hands! If the house is currently owned by someone, go over with a basket of muffins one morning and chat. Then you can ease into the subject... Not to mention take a peek around. Usually you can get feelings from things you see around the house. And the state of it. (Are they on top of things or are they letting things slip?)

I'd say the best you can do is try and be a friend - that's free and can't get you sued. It just might be that it's a coincidence.
Another creepy post from the U.S. Department of Suspiciousness, Evidence Gathering Division - est. 1966. Use with caution. Discontinue use if rash develops, unless it's really fabulous or shaped like the Virgin Mary, but not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 9% sales tax. City of Chicago residents add 10.25% sales tax.

#3 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

I watch their dog Arrow when they're out of town. The house has never had a good vibe, with or without rumors. The current owners know perfectly well of some bad luck stinging around. We're pretty good friends.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

Moving this to the General Board, since it's not a personal encounter.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 Der Beamte Des Teufels

Der Beamte Des Teufels

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Poetry and song, playing the guitar, paranormal study and seances, heavy metal, philosophy, psychology, religion, history, the Astral Plane, meditation, magickry, school. And the list goes on.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

I agree that all of this could very well be a string of morbid and exceedingly unfourtunate coincidences. It wouldn't be wise to deem this a haunting (or to tell these people to move out) unless entities have somehow contacted the current occupants and their predecessors. Have you heard of anyone being contacted or being spooked by something unseen and otherwise completely abnormal?

As it is, I don't believe demons (or ghosts for that matter) would cause such massive amounts of harm to these people. Harm them yes if they indeed have a bone to pick with the occupants for whatever reason be it they're territorial, have died and don't know it and still believe they live in that home, et cetera. To harm them like this just seems a bit absurd but I won't deign to disbelieve - just approach it with skepticism. :(
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning." - Aleister Crowley

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:14 AM

Some lands carry curse and negative vibe as well.
Posted Image

#7 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

I so believe in curses. The house never really had a good vibe to it. Its small and not-exactly cozy.

#8 kinanoe

kinanoe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:26 PM

I have read that the presence of earthbound spirits will cause many negative affects on the people/ places they are attached to, even if the spirit is benevolent. It is simply because the spirit "feeds" off the human energy and this can cause health problems. Another thing earthbound spirits might do is to cause dramas within the family so that the energy is escalated in the household, giving the spirit more to work with. It sounds like that may be what is happening in that house. Have you discussed your concerns with the current residents? How do they feel about the house?

#9 apachedove

apachedove

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

The house your describing sounds alot like the one I live in! From the very first time I walked into it the feeling of dead and empty. It has also effected my family, lost jobs, pets dying, sickness, and not getting along with each other.

We have seen shadows, heard voices, and odors good and bad. I found out that people have never stayed longer then 2 years and then the house would stay empty for a few years.

Let me know if you find out any more info on your neighbors house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users