• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

This thread is so long I forget if I already replied LOL.. I smoke but NEVER in the bedroom or bathroom, just the living room. I will he woken up with the odor of smoke it makes me sick. I did find out I have a man here, and of course he is dead lol that is my protector, his name is John. He was a heavy smoker and drinker around 100 years ago and resided here. I just tell him "No smoking John" and within minutes its gone. Also occasionally I wake with a horrid odor of alcohol and tell him nicely to "leave and drink elsewhere". Its the same with matches, perfume, flowers etc. As long is no one here is under attack, I would say these are human spirits, that come and go. Its possible the matches is due to someone who once lived there or the land, and lit matches cause they didnt have cig lighters back then. Maybe take some pics or like another poster said, call in a PI team and see who is visiting you. Good luck.. :P

#17 Addielass

Addielass

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

Hi again all-

Well, a lot has happened since my last post about the matches. NO I have not had anyone come in because I feel in my gut that if I did it would only make things worse. My friend told me to bless all our entry doors inside & out with olive oil, but I haven't because again, I am worried it will stir up more trouble...

Everyone might be pleased to know I've quit smoking since my last post. Because of this, my sense of smell has come back with incredible clarity. I can smell someone down the block smoking a pipe or a cig!

At any rate, I thought I'd post again because there has been an interesting development in the phantom smell department. For the past week or so, I have been smelling barbecue chicken. It's only one spot in the hallway upstairs, and you can walk through it. It is there about 2 or 3 times a day. It will stay for a couple hours, then go away.

Ok. The significance of the smell of bbq chicken in my life:

When I was a kid, I hated bbq of any kind, but bbq chicken in particular would make me WRETCH! I had no idea why - I have a more than healthy appetite (read: hefty hefty hefty!) and eat almost anything just fine, thank you.

When I was about 9 or 10, my Mom told me a little story. She thought it was a coincidence that I got sick at the smell of bbq chicken, because when she was pregnant with me, the night she went into labor she ate bbq chicken and it made her aboslutely sick. A few hours later, I appeared, red-headed & mean, and that was that!

But I couldn't stand bbq of any kind even the smell until in my mid-twenties. Now I don't have a problem with it, but I think of my Mom & my birth when I eat it since hearing that story.

So... I think the smell of the bbq is my Mom visiting. Which is strange because I haven't felt her around since she died, although my sisters have. Anyway, I was lying in bed, and bam! BBQ smell. Then in my minds eye I got a picture of my Mom and she was kind of tending to me since I was having bad cramps at the time. (Sorry, guys!) She gave me a message mentally that I was paying for my good fortune to come, and don't worry - it would be soon. And then I got a mental picture of us winning the lottery, and my Mom gave the mental message: See? It will be worth it!

So that's my phantom BBQ smell story!
Another creepy post from the U.S. Department of Suspiciousness, Evidence Gathering Division - est. 1966. Use with caution. Discontinue use if rash develops, unless it's really fabulous or shaped like the Virgin Mary, but not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 9% sales tax. City of Chicago residents add 10.25% sales tax.

#18 robinrenee

robinrenee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:people in both this world and the next

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hi Addielass,

Your ghosts sound quite friendly and harmless. I’m glad your mother was able to visit with you. It sounds to me like she was trying to tell you that you would have a baby soon... hehe ... I don’t know.

When I read your original post from last year, I wondered if your statement to the ghost might be the reason they are still around.

I announced: "You are not welcome here and must leave, now. Only goodness and godliness is welcome here."

If the ghosts are “good” and “godly” they may figure that they’re welcome. Do you have a deceased loved one that used to smoke and used matches?

I have lots of ghosts/spirits around me. I just talk to them as if they were still alive. Of course, I don’t do that in front of other people. :)
The pale girl watched him cautiously when she asked, “Can aborted babies come back as ghosts?” Solomon smiled as he answered, “Yes, magnificent ones!”From a heartwarming ghost story, Solomon the Midwife: Appalachian Afterlifehttp://solomon-the-m...fe.blogspot.com

#19 Addielass

Addielass

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

Uh, yeah, ALL my relatives smoked & used matches! LOL

Jeeze I hope she's not telling me that I will have a baby soon. (Although that would be meanly like her!)

I think it's more because I am writing (for the purpose of publishing) a collection of essays about myself, my childhood, etc. Now this would be something she was interested in, and I think the smell of bbq is just her way of letting me know she's around.

I was really angry at her for a number of years after she died, and only now am I starting to soften toward her - and that may be why she waited? Anyway, I hope it is. She was a writer too and would be interested in my project. I hope.

LOL Thanks for replying!

Lisa
Another creepy post from the U.S. Department of Suspiciousness, Evidence Gathering Division - est. 1966. Use with caution. Discontinue use if rash develops, unless it's really fabulous or shaped like the Virgin Mary, but not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 9% sales tax. City of Chicago residents add 10.25% sales tax.

#20 Addielass

Addielass

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Oh, PS I think you might be right about the good and the godly - I have an impression that there is an old matriarch connected with this house - and I think that's fine. She knows us now & leaves us alone!

#21 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

What is reported here reminds me of an event that occurred a few years ago when I was working with a medium. We were communicating with Thomas Whaley, who built the first residence of its style in southern California in San Diego. I had experienced him years earlier.

As the medium was bringing him through in conversation, suddenly the smell of old Havana Cubano cigar became quite dominant in the immediate area, a small modern condo kitchen eat-in. The smell persisted and was so pervasive the medium came out of her light trance momentarily to ask me "do you smell smoke?" I replied that I did and proceeded to check around the condo, finding nothing to explain it. When I returned the smoke smell was still there, just as in the OP's case, and it was localized to that one area.

The smell was strong enough and persisted long enough that I actually got a headache. When we resumed communciations with Whaley, he informed us that he was presenting the smell so I would know it was indeed him. In fact that exact smell has been one of the most commonly reported events at Whaley House over the decades.

Edited by PhenomInvestigator, 09 June 2009 - 03:35 PM.

Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

#22 Addielass

Addielass

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

What an interesting story, Phenom-

Yeah I think my Mom did the same thing. She probably thinks it's funny to come visit me as the smell of BBQ chicken. She was like that! Well, I guess you can say that personality sure crosses over with you!

Lisa

#23 EvaLily12

EvaLily12

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

I've always heard on tv that the smell of sulfur or something similar to the is a sign of a "Demonic" presence.
Is that true?
I really doubt it.
Life is Beautiful.

#24 Addielass

Addielass

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

This thread is so long I forget if I already replied LOL.. I smoke but NEVER in the bedroom or bathroom, just the living room. I will he woken up with the odor of smoke it makes me sick. I did find out I have a man here, and of course he is dead lol that is my protector, his name is John. He was a heavy smoker and drinker around 100 years ago and resided here. I just tell him "No smoking John" and within minutes its gone. Also occasionally I wake with a horrid odor of alcohol and tell him nicely to "leave and drink elsewhere". Its the same with matches, perfume, flowers etc. As long is no one here is under attack, I would say these are human spirits, that come and go. Its possible the matches is due to someone who once lived there or the land, and lit matches cause they didnt have cig lighters back then. Maybe take some pics or like another poster said, call in a PI team and see who is visiting you. Good luck.. ;)

Sorry for thumb typing...
I haven't smelled matches in a while. But actually lighters were invented before matches, believe it or not. What scared me wss that I thought ot might be something bad at first and it freaked me out. Things have been going sp well for me lately I no longer think it's that. As far as smoking, almost ALL my dead relatoves smoked. It's nearly a genetic requirement! But, since there's been nothing lately I'm going to let sleepong dogs lie. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few ghosts in this house but I dinn't want to stir things up by investigating. Sorry for the typos but thanks for your reply.

Lisa

#25 THE MESSENGER

THE MESSENGER

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:57 AM

Greetings,
These visitors that you mention who smoke, drink and light matches, are not to be played with or entertained. These are not ghost but demonic forces who will play along with you for awhile and when you least expect it, attack you.

Once a person has passed on from this life, they will not return to this world again... but if they were demon possessed, the demon that possessed their body will begin to search for someone else to inhabit. The evil spirit doesn't die neither is it a ghost.

Ephesians 6:12 in the NIV Bible says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." 'Heavenly' in this since meaning different things around us within this world - not on high heavenly where Jesus Christ is, but evil spirits in this world that watch us and wait for the opportunity to attack us.

I pray you will come to Christ soon and cast that force out of your house. NO JOKE, it's not safe having it around you and your family.

Sincerely,

THE MESSENGER

#26 indie59

indie59

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

We moved into this house a year ago, the first night, I smelled a burnt smell like some wood I can't explain, and since then, it has been off and on that I smell it.
One night, by our computer, and about 2:00a.m., my daughter and me both smelled it, we looked at each other and prayed to Jesus to make it go away.
It stopped for awhile, but every now and then, we still smell it. We are confused to what it is, but feel that it's not good, so we call upon Jesus to help us and it seems to work!

#27 JLS36

JLS36

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hi Addielass,
I have had times were I smell a ghost before I feel it or see it. I remember sitting in my friends room and I started smelling pipe tobacco. I described the smell then as I was describing the smell I started to see her father. I asked if her husband smoked pipes. She said no. Then I started to describe the person I was seeing and the smell of the pipe. She said that is my dad.

Are you still smelling this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users