John Edward?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 21 March 2002 - 10:18 PM

I'm really undecided on him... I mean, he seems somewhat legit.. and well, the comment comparing him to Miss Cleo was waaay off. LOL I haven't heard of John edward charging for any of the readings he gives on his show, and actually, the tickets are free (but then again, jerry Springer is free too!).
 I like to think he could be sincere, but I guess without having been on the show, i can't tell what's been edited out.. or if he just picks at the air.
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#17 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 03:08 PM

He doesnt sharge for on show reading but he does for in person professional ones.

If you want ..read his first book "one last time".It helps explain all about him and is actually a good red I thought

~*Lifes Blessings*~ ~*Cindy*~

#18 Jodi

Jodi

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 05:01 PM

I guess I must be in the minority, but I believe in John Edwards. There are some things he has done that are very difficult to explain. Everyone has their own opinion. I would be cool to see him live and get a better feel on him. Does everyone feel the same about James Van Praugh(sp)? I also feel he is legit.  We all know Ms. Cleo was full of beans! She will be laughing all the way to criminal court! :)

#19 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 08:44 PM

I saw Edwards on a talk show not to long ago I must say I have a diffrent out look on him now.I guess because he appeard more approachable,or something but he seemed more for real.So i started watching him again,I guess everyone can get a second chance :)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#20 Seven

Seven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 March 2002 - 07:31 PM

Well, I can't or won't judge unless I can see in person, but I suspect that this is one of the few more public psychics with a true gift.  The fact that it's commercialized grates on me a bit, but then again most of us here work for a living, have talents or skills and expect to get paid for them.   As for mistakes...well even the 'greats' in any field make mistakes yet let a psychic miss ONE thing and people jump to scream 'fake'.  
I have a good friend who has set up for a personal appointment...perhaps that'll help me get a better idea of he's real or not :)

#21 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 09:19 PM

I usually go with first impresion but I have  changed my mind about him and do belive he has a gift... but I'm a woman and my change it again ::)...lol
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#22 septangel9

septangel9

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 06:01 AM

Oh wow!

I just joined this community and this is my first ever post!!  8)

I don't know. I've watched John Edwards Crossing Over once or twice and also saw him on a morning talk show. I remain skeptical. I've seen con artists with a true talent for reading people, playing the odds, and seemingly knowing things they couldn't possibly know. Then again, I believe that there are people out there with a true psychic gift. I think the only thing that would challenge my skepticism is if I ran into John at the bus stop or a restaurant and he was able to tell me something he couldn't possibly know.

#23 CampfireMafiaGhost

CampfireMafiaGhost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 12:41 PM

I actually know someone who was on his show, doing the one-on-one thing. Her and her brother hoped to hear from  their mother and father.  I don't recall if they came through or not, but the person who did come through was her father-in-law, whom she never met, and knew nothing about. But, I'm still skeptical about the whole thing. I have seen him on HBO before he got his own show, and the tests they did, he was one of the better ones, getting closer to details then the other psychics. Like everyone else, I'll truly have to see it to believe it. I've always wondered though, how do these spirits know where to find these mediums? Is there like a directory or something? I find that odd.

#24 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 07:22 PM

Thats funny Campfire... a directory for meduims..I have a picture  in my mind of a phone book and spirits going though it to see who to channel through..lol

#25 CampfireMafiaGhost

CampfireMafiaGhost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 10:47 AM

Haha, I can picture all the spirits waiting in line once they get to the medium. I also wonder if they ever cut in front of other spirits to get ahead, and if they do, do they get sent to the back of the line? Is it like Disney World, where you can skip the line if you have a handicap? And if so, what classifies a handicap? I have too much time on my hand to be thinking of stupid things like that.

#26 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 06:01 PM

ROTFLMFAO ;D

#27 CampfireMafiaGhost

CampfireMafiaGhost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 08:32 PM

If there's a spirit already coming through, do the other spirits get a busy signal? Is there three way calling? do they use the medium like a pay phone?
John Edwards: OK, he's telling me the name Bob...Hold on while he inserts another quarter. ::CLICK::
OK, who knows Bob? :)

#28 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 09:21 AM

Actually they knows  whos open to reciveing  them and whos not.Its the luck of the draw if they pick you or not .

If your someone who knows thier loved one and are open..chances are youll get something..

And if you are..how lucky you are! I know I feel blessed whenever it happen :)

~*Lifes Blessings*~ ~*Cindy*~

#29 MyDevlin

MyDevlin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 03:08 PM

I do believe that John Edwards has a gift. He can simply connect and communicate on some level with the dead. Why is it so hard to believe? Do we honestly think that science can explain everything?  Deep emotions are something that cannot be explained, touched or even understood and we certainly cannot see them. Does this mean they do not exist? Even if you thought John Edward was a fake, is it such bad thing that he is giving people who have lost someone close to them some closure.  How does this hurt anyone anymore than some religious beliefs that help us deal with loss.

Two years ago I watched my mother degenerate from brain cancer and finally die, she was only 59.  My father has never gotten over it and everyday he wishes someone could tell him she is ok. THat's all he wants to know. If I had the chance to meet John Edwards I would do it in a second.  First to have a chance to have any kind of contact with my mother just one more time. And second so my father could just have some  peace of mind and know she was ok. If you say that it isn't true that John Edwards is capable of this, I say so what.  If he helps people find final peace, who is it hurting.

#30 Jodi

Jodi

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 06:15 PM

Devy,
Hey, I am with you on this one, even though skeptics will not believe. There are so many ppl that need that knowledge that their loved one is ok. I deal with hospice as a nurse and death is such a private, personal thing. I wish all my families knew that their loved one was ok and not in any pain anymore. It would be a comfort to the family. If John can do that for them; who cares??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users