• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 07:17 AM

that is a very good point you make about ppl needing closer and if someone like John Edwards can help more power to him, but if some ppl just realize their love ones are with them and accept that things that have happen are forgive maybe they could be at peace in this world instead of letting it eat at them.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#32 MyDevlin

MyDevlin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 02:51 PM

Some people can never come to the realization that their loved ones are with them.  It all depends on your beliefs.   :-/

#33 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 07:33 PM

That is so true that is why so many ppl seak out ppl like John Edwards...I talk to my loved ones that have past all the time,even if they don't talk back,I feel their with me always and that make me feel good :)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2002 - 07:06 PM

I am kinda undecided on that one. He seems real but i've only seen him on TV and thats easy to edit. It seems like he uses  the "cold reading gig", but some od the things he says seem to be REALLY specific, like once when i was watching one time he said something about a fish key chain that was important and I don't know how he would fake that unless he planted actors... I hope he is real though because I don't like it that it would give people false hope.

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2002 - 07:06 PM

I am kinda undecided on that one. He seems real but i've only seen him on TV and thats easy to edit. It seems like he uses  the "cold reading gig", but some od the things he says seem to be REALLY specific, like once when i was watching one time he said something about a fish key chain that was important and I don't know how he would fake that unless he planted actors... I hope he is real though because I don't like it that it would give people false hope.

#36 softy-girl

softy-girl

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 08:43 AM

John Edward...real or fake...I don't really know.  I have watched him on television but haven't had the chance to see him in person. I am not going to say whether he is real or fake because I honestly don't know.  I know not a real clear opinion but that is just my thoughts on the topic.
You don't have to see it to believe it!

#37 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:37 PM

John Edward is a fake or he is a psychic whose gift only functions part of the time. Some of my friends and I actually figured out how he makes his amazing, semi-accurate predictions.
The crew for the show has time to do their homework before the show. Do you think people get tickets ahead of time without using their credit card numbers? That lead people to all kinds of information about a person. The celebrities are easy enough to predict ahead of time.
Plus, when he doesn't have a clue his predictions are far too vague and could apply to everyone with a similar situation.

If anyone reads this post, yes, I believe in psychic abilities but that's because I live very close to Lilly Dale - the largest community of psychics in the world. Those people are legit and on the money 95% of the time. However, they only ask a donation and don't travel the world in search of fortune and glory.

#38 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:38 PM

John Edward is a fake or he is a psychic whose gift only functions part of the time. Some of my friends and I actually figured out how he makes his amazing, semi-accurate predictions.
The crew for the show has time to do their homework before the show. Do you think people get tickets ahead of time without using their credit card numbers? That lead people to all kinds of information about a person. The celebrities are easy enough to predict ahead of time.
Plus, when he doesn't have a clue his predictions are far too vague and could apply to everyone with a similar situation.

If anyone reads this post, yes, I believe in psychic abilities but that's because I live very close to Lilly Dale - the largest community of psychics in the world. Those people are legit and on the money 95% of the time. However, they only ask a donation and don't travel the world in search of fortune and glory.

#39 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:38 PM

#40 wnterstar

wnterstar

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:15 PM

Ok...all I know is that they took an ordinary reporter (NOT a famous one) and taught him how to do the same thing as John Edwards....What he is doing is called cold reading...Your mind fills in what it wants to when your heart is in pain.

As for him giving people comfort even though he's a fake...He's not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.  He is getting rich off of this!

Be well

Diane

#41 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 04:47 AM

You bet he is,and that's just wrong. :)

#42 kentuckykaren

kentuckykaren

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:06 PM

I sure would like to believe; my husband died suddenly at 54 years old and I'd love to believe that there's a psychic who is legit. I thought John Edward might be - until I watched a debunking show. John Edward has "plants" waiting in line with people hoping to connect; those "plants" ask people questions and give the information to John; they even put colored tape on chair legs so he'll know that the "blue" tape = father passed from cancer. They even send "plants" into houses of people who've been notified that they have tickets; the "plant" says they've broken down, etc., need to use the phone, etc. I always wondered how John Edward could "visualize" the interior of a home. So, I'd like to believe in him - but I'm afraid I don't.

Has my husband come back? Yes, he helps me find things in his garage (if you could see the garage, you'd know why I need help!), and reminds me in dreams of things I need to do. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But I'll take that over John Edward any day.

#43 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 08:44 AM

I actualy saw John Edwards in person. My friend had an extra ticket, so I thought what the heck. I was a little skeptical of him before the show, but after the show i was REALLY skeptical. It was in a big auditorium, (not on tv, but a live performance, and not cheap either!) and you know how arenas are broken down into sections? Well, amazingly the loved ones from the other side came out one at a time around the arena from each section consecutively. When he did a full circle the show was over, basically. John was making sure the audience was getting their money's worth.  And during the whole show i think there was only one or two semi-remarkable "confirmations."

He uses the power of suggestion and all the people that were there were open minded to his suggestions, and wanted to believe him. I don't know how many times during the show there was the typical "is there someone who lost someone starting with the letter s who died of a heart related disease" Pretty ridiculous.

But one thing i can say for him is i think he does make people feel better because they think their loved one has crossed over and they're ok.

It was funny after the show though, all those believers believed even more, and those of us skeptical were even more skeptical. I guess you believe what you want to.

I've seen the Amazing Kresgin live, too, and he was more believable than John Edwards! Same usage of power of suggestion, but he's better at it!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#44 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:43 PM

This is interesting:

http://www.randi.org...40&pagenumber=1

Of course the JREF posters are not always the most objective source of information, but in this case, even John Edward's followers seem to agree that renata's analysis is unbiased.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about John Edward.  A lot of skeptics believe that he's exploiting the bereaved for his personal gain.  He's certainly deceiving them, but he's also providing them with solace, which I don't consider to be exploitive in the normal sense of the word.
What Would Batman Do?

• Guests

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:15 AM

Of course John Edward is the real deal.
But people who are just 100% sceptical say "oooh he asks things about scars and middle names.."
HE DOES MORE THAN THAT.
He focuses on things that only one in a million people would know about.
People who dont believe are just arrogant and seem to like the idea of dying and having no afterlife.
Believing or having a spiritual side doesnt make you crazy or weird.
It gives you a feeling of hope and there is more than enough proof for those who dont believe... 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users