• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:31 PM

Yes kiddies, "The Haunted Mansion" is due out relatively soon. Does anyone else see a bit of desperation in Disney creating movies after rides?

#2 s._maclennan

s._maclennan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 02:36 AM

Yes I do. The movie looks awful. :)

#3 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:51 AM

Well, in the past, the disney rides were created after the movie.  Rides like Peter Pan and Buzz Lightyear.  They are simply trying  a new business idea and it seems to be working.  The Pirates of the Caribbean was a HUGE success and it did increase the attendance at the parks, not to mention the merchandising.

I think Haunted Mansion looks good and I can't wait to go see it (but then again, I am a huge disney freak and the haunted mansion is my favorite ride).  My hubby just bought me the Playstation game, which is great.  Cool graphics and lots of neat puzzles.

The thing that I hate about Disney is their tendency to STRETCH things.  For example, yesterday was the 75th birthday of Mickey Mouse ( it was 75 years ago that Steamboat Willie made it's debut) and Disney will be celebrating that for the next 18 months!  Just another marketing ploy.

#4 hoppip

hoppip

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 03:02 PM

I cant wait to go to the movies and see The Haunted Mansion it looks exciting. ;D

#5 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 09:07 AM

Taking my neices to see this...who knows maybe i'll even like it too :-/
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#6 softy-girl

softy-girl

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 10:38 AM

I want to see the movie before I decide whether I like it or not. I do; however, like the ride at Disney World. Well, I did when I was younger that was the last time I went. Good memories though.  ;D
You don't have to see it to believe it!

#7 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:01 PM

Well, so far Disney's done "Country Bear" and "Pirates" and they seem to be batting 500. "HM" looks like it'll be some fun, but personaly I think Eddie Murphy lost it a loooong time ago.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#8 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 30 November 2003 - 11:41 AM

I've been on the ride and it was fun but the movie looks stupid.  Movies are so expensive these days that I've become very selective.  I liked Pirates of the Carribean and the ride is fun too!

#9 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 09:11 AM

Hubby and I went to see it and we liked it. We didn't LOVE it, but liked it.  I would like to see it again, but that is because I am such a disney nut.

I really didn't care for Eddie Murphy, but he did fit the role of the bumbling idiot rather well.

#10 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 08:20 AM

My mom just told me the other day that there is a children's movie in the works for "It's a Small World". *shoving a s-p-o-o-n down my throat*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!, is there no god?  [smiley=cwm8.gif]
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#11 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 08:37 AM

That would be great torture for my husband.  He was trapped on the ride for about 30 minutes when he was a kid.  If he hears that song, he goes absolutely nuts!  But he is a trooper, he still goes on the ride with me when we are in Disney World.  He grinds his teeth the entire way through, but he makes it!

#12 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:55 PM

Okay, there should be a law against making a movie that could potentially use that evil song. It's cute the first time (and should be the only time) you go through It's a Small World.

After that, it gets stuck in your head. They even made fun of it in "The Lion King." Even Disney knows how annoying that song is.

#13 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:51 AM

Haven't seen Haunted Mansion yet,but Pirates of the Carribean kicked serious butt.One of the best movies of 2003 IMO.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#14 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 07:14 AM

Spec,  

I totally agree with you.  And that is why I was super excited last night when hubby brought it home!  Early Christmas present!

#15 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:45 AM

I grabbed my DVD the day it came out! ;D
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users