Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

dorien gray

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 10 November 2003 - 01:57 AM

has any one seen LXG ...(league of extrodinary gentleman)...i think it is quite good..i was intrested in the character dorein gray the painting one i think it is cool ...so i read the book which is even better ....by the way it is called league of extrodinary GENTLEMAN ..theres a bloody woman vampire so where do they get gentleman from????????..i would recommed it to it any one that likes BAD_WORD like that .......

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 07:00 AM

Hi, Amy_Jayne, moved this topic here in hopes of a better response. I hope you'll consider joining us :)

It was a facetious choice, I think*LOL*especially since the Leagues in the Victorian and early Edwardian periods were composed of military leaders, adventurers and were a place where they drank brandy and told stories
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:44 AM

i've never seen the film -- did read the story of dorian grey long ago back in the dark ages when i was in high school, so it's been well over a decade....

i was always fascinated by the connection between the painted portrait and the physical person - this was a theme that came about in the series DARK SHADOWS with the portrait of the witch angelique.

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#4 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:42 PM

AND I am fairly certain Dick Clark has on old 8x10 that looks pretty bad now. ;D
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#5 softy-girl

softy-girl

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 11:02 AM

Saw the movie and I enjoyed it.  ;D
You don't have to see it to believe it!

#6 Bookgirly

Bookgirly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 11:19 AM

LXG was based on a comic book. To find out why the bride of Dracula was included you'd had to read the comic, or find someone that has. I haven't I just know it exists.
www.delphiforums.com/CTpeople

#7 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 08:23 AM

Oh for crying out loud... D I C K Clark has an 8x10 headshot that looks pretty bad now.

Mina was not only in the comic SHE was the leader of the LXG, or at least that particular grouping of them. Think  The Impossible Mission Force in Victorian times. Of course, she is/was Mina Harker of Dracula fame.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users