Something is in our house

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ThisOldHouse

ThisOldHouse

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

I did not believe in ghosts until last night. Well, I guess I should go back a bit.
My daughter began refusing to go to bed at night and would say there was a monster uner her bed and outside of her bedroom window. I told myself that most kids go through this phase and would let her fall asleep down staires then take her up to bed. Some nights I would wake up to her screaming like I have never heard her do before, then I would let her sleep on the couch but was still sure she had had a nightmare, she is developmentally slower than other children so she doesn't express herself well either, she doesn't know the words to. Then my son began to refuse to play in his sisters room because of the monster, before long everyone was sleeping in our bed at night. We live in the woods and our house is so old we have no idea when it was built, well over 100 years ago for sure. So I found it odd when I started seeing black "figures" walking past the diningroom window toward the front door then I would hear a thud at the front door but there was no one there. I brushed it off as the cat or the wind or my imagination. Then I started having nightmares and told my hubby, who confessed he was too. Well still I felt that it was admittedly weird but that there HAD to be a logical explanation. Last night though, everything went bad.
I was laying in bed (with my hubby and THREE kids at this point) and couldn't sleep because eveytime I closed my eyes I would hear an old womans voice saying "Davey, Davey, Davey". Not a sweet old lady voice though, for sure. I really thought I was going to have to go be put in a hospital and evaluated but then it hit me. I wasn't hearing "Davey, Davey, Davey" no one in my home is named Davey or David she was saying "Baby, baby, baby" My two month old was laying right beside me. All of the sudden I felt very sick and like something was about to happen to my 3 year old (don't know why but the feeling was overwhelming!) I went to roll over to look at him but I felt a arm or something on my stomach and I couldn't move at all, I couldn't scream, nothing. I was wide awake, had not been sleeping and I was frozen and tingly like 1,000 hands were holding me in place. It was only for about 3 seconds but it felt like years! I sat up histerical and woke my husband and we left the house. I haven't been back, he stops in to feed the horse and rabbit but we took our dog with us because she was whining and very upset too. My husband believes that I THINK this really happened but isn't sure it did. He just says "well, I guess anything is possible". What could cause this, I know people who believe in this stuff and say you have to be open to it to see it, I was NOT open to this, I don't even believe in god. I do know several people who lived in the house have comitted suicide and someone else hung themselves from the old abandoned bridge behind the house in the woods, it was weeks before they were found. But we have lived here for 2 years with no problems until recently. I think she is triing to do something to my kids and she is clearly NOT friendly. How do I get rid of her? I won't take my kids home until she is gone and they are missing school because we are having to stay out of town. And I can't go back there myself until I know how to stay safe and get rid of her so my husband getting to work is a 1 1/2 hour trip each way.
Oh, some other odd things that have happened lately that might also be related: our power has been going on and off for weeks (we had the elec. co. out, everything is fine "on their end of the line" and both my husbands and my car batteries both went dead the same morning and couldn't be recharged, my phone has odd background noise that no one on the other end can hear, we thought something had died in the livingroom wall (like a rat) because of the stink but sometimes the smell is completely gone and it has been very cold inside and outside the house lately even when it is warm everywhere else (but we do live down in a valley, so the temp. can be a little different sometimes anyway). We can't afford to sell this house and move right now. If anyone knows what this could be or how to get rid of it my family and I would GREATLY appriciate the help!

#2 Señor Hugo

Señor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

Well first off, there are a number of options depending on what religion you follow.

You can get a priest do to a blessing of your house.

You can attempt to cleanse the house yourself.

If whatever is in your home, is truly evil. Then doing both of those will make it angry, so a few attempts will have to be made in order to fully cleanse your home.

If you decide to cleanse the home yourself, you must not be afraid, if you falter, if you doubt yourself for even a moment, your attempt will fail miserably.
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#3 little turtle

little turtle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

I would find a reputable paranormal group in your area to have your house investigated. Do a search on your computer and you should beable to find someone or ask here maybe someone can recommend a group to you.

The birth of your baby could have triggered something in your home, have you did any renovations?

Keep us updated.
Posted Image

#4 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

Yikes! I would call a paranormal investigator right away! Let us know how you're doing.
Posted Image

#5 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

:whoohoo: yeah i would get a team to investigate your home then get it cleansed

that should help :headbang:

#6 Robin-SpiritRescueOnline

Robin-SpiritRescueOnline

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Do you need help with a spirit in your home or office in the Fort Worth or Middle Georgia areas? Contact us at info@SpiritRescueOnline.com <br />Visit Our Website www.SpiritRescueOnline.com

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing an unwanted spirit in your home. I do not know your location; however as Founder and Lead Investigator of SpiritRescue, I would like to offer to investigate your home at no cost to you. SpiritRescue has 3 chapters: Fort Worth, TX, Middle Georgia, and Biloxi, Mississippi and will generally travel to locations within a day’s drive. Unlike most paranormal groups, each SpiritRescue chapter is lead by an ordained minister and our primary goal is to help earth-bound spirits over to The Other Side.

We will investigate your home, research the history of your home and land, assist the spirit over to The Other Side, and finally cleanse and bless your home. Our services are FREE, we never charge clients for our services. All services are confidential; your name and address will remain protected. Please contact us at info@SpiritRescueOnline.com or visit our website to learn more www.SpiritRescueOnline.com

Robin, Founder of SpiritRescue & Ordained Minister
Posted ImageDo you need help with a spirit in your home or office in the Fort Worth, Texas, Middle Georgia or Biloxi Mississippi areas? Contact us at info@SpiritRescueOnline.com or visit our website www.SpiritRescueOnline.com

#7 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:55 AM

I would move out and never look back! You seem like such an open minded person, obviously not willing to change your mind about buying the house because people had commited suicide in and around it. Something seems to be trying to get to you and you children the spirits dont seem happy about your new baby.

I know people say that you shouldn't let ghosts move you out of your home, because thats what it is, but it was once theres too. And I'm just getting an overwhelming feeling that you just need to put this house behind you. And start a fresh life.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 z.t.

z.t.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:46 AM

here are a couple of things that have worked for me. these are just quick fix kinda things.

get angry at it. you have got to remove your fear. I dont know why, but these things seem to thrive on fear. yell at it. tell it to get out of your house and leave it for the living. others may not agree, but this works for me. admittedly temporarilly though. hearing it call for my baby would have made me very angry. I would have jumped up and started yelling all kinds of harsh words at it.

sometimes its hard not to be scared though. like when you see it, or it touches you or you hear it speaking.
in which case I sleep with open Bibles with me. I would leave the light on and cover my face with a Bible praying to Jesus until I slept. Not to sound like a Christian zealot or anything but maybe God wants you to find him so you can deal with this. the name of Jesus is very powerful for protection.

the only reason I write these things is your small children. you dont want something latching onto them. sometimes even the most powerful medicine is only a temporary fix. I think you gotta move.

#9 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

From what you have described, I don't sense that you or you family are in any danger. As z.t. said, they thrive on fear... Be strong and tell it to go away. I grew up in a haunted house. You need to stand your ground and not be afraid. It really has not done anything to be afraid of.. By leaving and having your house sit vacant is the worst thing you can do.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#10 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

After all the advice given, I'm hoping ThisOldHouse would give us an update. I hope they're okay!
Personally, I'd be so scared of the house I'd move out very soon...but hey, that's me.

Edited by axlfoley, 17 October 2008 - 07:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users