• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

Certain words may indeed come up more often. It would depend on the size of digital window assigned to any given word. Larger window= greater probability that word would appear. And if a field which activates the device is non-linear again the probability is skewed.

It's an interesting toy, something one could have some fun with, but as an investigative tool, forget it.

#17 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

Show me the science behind how the various readings it takes equal a particular word and I'll believe it... Until then, this will say out of my equipment case....
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#18 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

I thought the Ovilus was interesting, but how do you prove it's accurate?

You don't. You can read the manual online: http://www.digitaldo.....al Device.pdf

"The Paranormal Puck is sold as an entertainment device only."

:angry:
Cynic. Skeptic. Believer.|||||||^

#19 SacPar

SacPar

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Whose to say the models used in these seminars aren't preprogrammed with words that those using it have researched ahead of time? Do they use more than one? Can somebody who bought one of these things online come in and get exactly the same results during the same session? Do they even run more than one at once to see if they both get the same answer?

Until they apply some real science to these things and stop telling us outright that they are doing what they do, I won't believe one digitized syllable out of them.

It was explained that the device is highly experimental and it was just being tested to see if it had any merit at all. It was interesting, but I'd rather spend the money on other 'experimental' equipment that have better results.

I still think it was a little hilarious that it went on about breasts, milk, sex, and mom for some time. I don't think I kept the recordings from that part of the investigation but will check. It would give you an idea of what it says and sounds like.

#20 AHauntedFlorida

AHauntedFlorida

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

My first post here :clap: I had never heard of this device until this weekend. We attended a haunt at the Seven Sisters Inn in Ocala Florida Saturday night. Around 1:30am we stumbled upon a room with a group of people in it asking questions to this device, we found was the Ovilus. They were questioning about words the unit spit out like Mercury and light. They were asking probing questions to find out what "it" was talking about, referring to the light and Mercury, but weren't getting any response. Right before we went upstairs to where this was going on, we noticed an SUV in the parking lot that had left it's interior light on, we had asked someone downstairs if the vehicle belonged to them or if they knew who it was to let them know.
After listening for a few minutes to the session, it hit me that the SUV in the parking lot was a Mercury. I said this out loud to the person next to me and was overheard by the owner of the vehicle, they left to turn off the light and someone in the room asked if the Mercury with the light on was what they were referring to and the device answered "correct". Not sure if this is the norm, but I found it really interesting. I don't know the cost of this device, once I find out, then I'll decide IF it's worth the money lol. Just thought I'd share the story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users