• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Pink_Pear

Pink_Pear

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 03:19 PM

I have lots of favorites, too.  For fiction, Practical Magic is a great book.  The movie is good but the book is better.

The Everything Ghost Book is great too.  Its a good place for a novice ghosthunter to get started.

#17 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 07:59 AM

For fiction, I enjoyed "Ghost" by Noel Hynd.

I own a HUGE hardcover book by Holzer, simply titled "Ghosts". There are so many case studies I never tire of it.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#18 DWArmstrong

DWArmstrong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 02:27 PM

Holly,

Another really good one is "I Never Believed in Ghosts Until..."

It's one of my all-time faves!

Daniel

#19 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 02:19 PM

DW...I love your taste in books, 'The Ghost Next Door' was worth the time and effort in locating a copy...I Never Believed In Ghosts Until... is also one of my favorite books of all time along with 'True Ghost Stories' by Hans Holzer(but the 'GHOSTS' book that Holly was talking about is all his investigations and studies in one massive book)yet another book worth the read ;)
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#20 DWArmstrong

DWArmstrong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:34 PM

Thank you, Willow!  Yes, I've read both of those books repeatedly...it seems I never tire of them!

DW

#21 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:25 AM

I own a HUGE hardcover book by Holzer, simply titled "Ghosts". There are so many case studies I never tire of it.

I've not heard of this one before.......is it only available in USA ?(I'm in the UK) Keen to get hold of a copy now  ;)
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

#22 DWArmstrong

DWArmstrong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 06:19 AM

Hi inaspin2,

You can find GHOSTS by Hans Holzer on Amazon.com.  It's on Amazon.co.uk as well.  Hope this helps!

Daniel ;)

#23 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:31 AM

Thanks Daniel! Might just order myself a copy now  ;D
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

#24 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:46 AM

Overshadows - Richard Palmisano

This book contains an account of a huanting tat lasted several years (and I assume it still is).  There are so many fascinating components of this book, that it really makes you wonder about some of the theories you once held for the spirit realm.  I know that it has changed my view points drastically and has opened up a ton of thought.  A great book!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#25 blondiegrl149

blondiegrl149

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:22 AM

I really like the book "Out of the Dark" by Brad Steiger.  It's got a broad variety of supernatural occurences and beings, such as ghosts(obviously), demons, fairies, trolls, and stuff like that.  Great book.  Check it out sometime!
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination"

#26 DWArmstrong

DWArmstrong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:04 AM

I'm reading THE GHOST NEXT DOOR by Mark Alan Morris again!  It's just as creepy the second time around!   :o

I look forward to the evenings, when I can get comfortable under the covers and read ghost stories by the light of the lamp on my nightstand.  It's one of my favorite times of the day!

#27 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 07:48 AM

Don't know if you can really class this as a paranormal book as it's not about ghosts as such, but I LOVE it! I've just finished re-reading it for about the 15th time. Has anyone else on here read it? It's called 'Behind The Attic Wall' by Sylvia Cassedy. It's a very magical story. Don't want to give too much away about the story for those who haven't read it as it'd spoil it. Is it popular in USA? I first read it when I was about 9 and still have my original copy.

#28 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 11:24 AM

Right now it is the one I am reading it is The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits by Rosemary Ellen Guiley.

I bought this book on your recommendation (don't you feel special?  ;)), and am in the process of reading it.  Interesting stuff, but not a terribly convincing book, in my opinion.

And out of curiosity, why would you want a first edition?  In my experience, later editions are usually better; things are added, corrections are made.
What Would Batman Do?

#29 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 11 October 2003 - 12:40 PM

Some of my favs are Salem's Lot, The Exorcist, and the Hans Holzer collection.  

#30 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:09 AM

for me it is still Bramstocker's DRACULA! I can still feel the chills, the WILD imagination. mostly because of the circumstance I read that book! Still can "see" that chilling image of Count on the Black Hard Cover! :o
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users