What's your favorite paranormal book?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:07 AM

Hi All!

I'm sure this has probably been covered some time in the past but we now have a lot of "new blood" and I am curious.  If it's here, sorry, i missed it!

My favorite paranormal book is "The Everything Ghost Book".  (at least right now).  The reason that I like it is that it gives many different peoples perspectives on many subjects concerning the paranormal! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ghostlover

ghostlover

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Civil War, Ghost hunting, EVP and pictures.

Posted 09 July 2003 - 07:04 AM

Anything by Hans Holzer. i love his books. I had read almost all of them. So I have no faves. But does he count as a fave author on the paranormal?
In order to get to the fruit of the tree, you have to go out on a limb ~ "Out on a Limb", Shirley Maclaine ~ GL4L ~ http://gl4l.maclenet.com

#3 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 09:12 PM

Favorite paranormal book, hmm, excellent question. I would have to go with "Amityville." Even though parts of the book were embellished and everyone except the Lutz's fought over it.

#4 hoppip

hoppip

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 06:13 AM

It would have to be all of Mark Nesbitt's books called
Ghosts of Gettysburg ;D

#5 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:47 PM

Right now it is the one I am reading it is The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. It covers everything from A to Z. Starting with Academy of Religion and Psychical Research ending with Zugun,Eleanor (1913-?) A Romanian poltergeist child who was studied by several psychical researchers.

Oh, it's the 2nd edition.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 July 2003 - 06:50 PM

With such a diverse group as is represented here at GV I just knew there would be a wide range of titles that people would find to be their favorite!

Anyone else? ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:50 AM

Hey Brian, great idea!!! I have sooooo many but my favorites are the haunted ohio series by Chris Woodyard and my very first ghost book ever "The Enchanted World: Ghosts" by the editors of Time-Life Books (its a huge worn old book by now but the pictures and stories are still stunning) ;)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#8 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:28 AM

Right now it is the one I am reading it is The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. It covers everything from A to Z. Starting with Academy of Religion and Psychical Research ending with Zugun,Eleanor (1913-?) A Romanian poltergeist child who was studied by several psychical researchers.

Oh, it's the 2nd edition.

I love this book too and was trying to remember the author so I could reply to this topic. Thanks for that  ;D It's a very informative book isn't it? I'd love to get hold of the first edition though....
I also love the following:
-The poltergeist phenomenon by John & Anne Spencer
This is full of accounts of poltergeist cases with some photos. Fascinating read!
- The ghost that haunted itself by Jan Andrew Anderson
This is all about the Mackenzie poltergeist in Edinburgh, with frightening accounts from people who have visited the graveyard it's supposed to haunt.
-Haunted America by Michael Norman & Beth Scott
Being British I love to read about the ghosts over there, and this book is packed with different stories. I'd love to visit some of the places mentioned in this book!
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

• Guests

Posted 01 August 2003 - 06:15 AM

Hi all!

I'm new here, but I wanted to mention my favorite ghost book (lately).  It's called "The Ghost Next Door: True Stories of Paranormal Encounters from Everyday People" by Mark Alan Morris.  I liked this book a lot because it tells about true ghostly encounters that happened to ordinary people.  All fresh material, too!  No recycled stories here.  I found it by typing in "ghost stories" on Amazon.com.  It came up as the most popular title, so I figured it had to be good!

#10 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:23 AM

Thank you Daniel, from someone whose always looking for books (especially new stories) i appreciate the suggestion and am looking for that book as we speak! ;)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 01 August 2003 - 10:31 AM

No problem, Willow!

This is one of those kinds of books I love to read just before bedtime, or on a stormy evening.  I've read through it twice now.  I like the way the author sets up each story with some eerie commentary.  It reminds me of the way Rod Serling used to do it on the Twilight Zone!  Let me know what you think...

#12 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 07:53 AM

I also have this book (The Ghost Next Door) Daniel  ;) It's a great read!
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 01:26 PM

Hello, inaspin2!

Thanks for your input!  I think my favorite story from that book is "The Thing in the Cabin"...very creepy!  Actually gave me goosebumps!  I hear he's writing a sequel...   :o

#14 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:28 AM

I haven't read it for a while, will have to hunt it out now! I do hope he does write a sequel.....

#15 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:28 AM

I'd love to get hold of the first edition though....

So would I, and your right about the information, It's got some good stuff in it.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users