• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

A yard sale is a good way to bring in extra cash. Its getting close for the yard sale season to be over. A garage sale would work if the weather didn't cooperate.It always help to advertise in local paper. Everyone from the team can bring stuff and pool all your sales.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#17 JimDe

JimDe

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:35 AM

Iíve contributed money to the American Cancer Society and also to veterans and a few other worthy causes that struck a rare nerve of compassion at the time. On the other hand, I find it difficult enough to establish/maintain credibility in this field without proponents resorting to what amounts to setting up a lemonade stand on the corner in order to buy more cameras, recorders, thermometers or whatever and then jumping in the ghostmobile to track down the next errant spectral infestation.

So, to answer one of the questions: personally, I frown on it. But, to be fair, if that bingo money found its way into a worthy charity I would consider it tolerable.
Posted Image

#18 nnyprs

nnyprs

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

All of my team members pay dues. We have done this since I founded the group in 2001. However, we do not require the dues be paid every month if there are monetary problems. More often than not, dues are not paid, unfortuantely.

As for fundraising, I have been asked to do some speaking engagements. Recently, I was asked to put on a presenatation at a college, and the student org. that found us, told me the other day they are donating $1,000 for our efforts. We will also have a table set up. This event is free to the public, but in the media we have announced we will be accepting donations at the table during the event.

We also have been asked by a hotel that is rerported to be haunted, to do a public investigation there for hotel guests. They are charging an extra $20 on top of the price for a hotel room for the "ghost hunting" package. We are getting Half of the extra, $10 a person, plus hotel rooms for our team members.

One other thing we will be doing next year is putting on a "Haunted house". We already have the location. We are actually going to use half of the proceeds of this event and donate it to a different charity. So people will know that their money is going to us and another worthy cause (we like the Make a Wish Foundation. They keep the money they get locally and grant wishes locally).
The Northern New York Paranormal Research SocietySEEK TRUTH!!!The NNYPRS Discussion ForumSEEK TRUTH!!![url=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NNYPRS[/url]SEEK TRUTH!!!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users