• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Stella

Stella

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:14 PM

I recently caught a part of a show, but I cannot recall what it was called.  It was about this town in Kansas that supposedly has the most recorded "hauntings".

The thing I found strange about this show was the first location was a residence of a couple and their newborn daughter.  Supposedly it started when the man felt a "sting" on his back and when his wife looked, he had 3 scratches like someone had run their fingernails along him.  They continued along telling about the little girl that he saw in the kitchen and they then called in a "professional" (i dont recall what she claimed to be)  This "professional" said that there was the spirit of a little girl in the house and that she was harmless but protective of the newborn baby.  

At this point, I had to leave for school, but it seems odd to me that they are claiming this girl is harmless but at the same time reporting that there are mysterious "scratches" on the man.  Did anyone else see this show and if so, what is your take on it?  The whole thing seemed kinda hokey to me lol ;)

#2 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:20 PM

It's still up in the air whether the little girl,or an older female presence was causing the scratches on that man.There were actually 3 seperate presences there,but 'Sally' the little girl was the most easily captured on film through manifestations.The only person to ever recieve those scratches was the man,the wife and daughter were not ever harmed once.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 19 September 2003 - 06:10 AM

I believe that it was on the show sightings on the Sci Fi Channel.  I did see that haunting on there and they even had video of the scratches happening.  I am a little up in the air too because of special effects that come into play with tv shows.  It is interesting though.  It is also possible that the mother and little girl may have been killed by dad and that they hate men.  Heck, anything is possible when looking at a haunting. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 07:41 AM

I also saw that show and the follow ups on Sightings...The only thing that really kept my attention was the psychic Peter James...I had watched him on a previous show doing an investigation of the Queen Mary and though my views on psychics in general are somewhat skeptical, I found a link on him and his investigations: http://ghostencounters.com

I have the same problem with it as Stella though, he says 'Sallie' was harmless, but along with the scratches Peter also says in the link she burnt his face (but afterwards gave him a hug) I understand she probably dislikes males and is protecting the other kids in the house but with a show like sightings, it is hard to determine the actual investigation,atleast for me because like KRC stated, special effects and editing, i'm sure theres alot of things we didn't see
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#5 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 06:50 AM

I think I may be talking about the same show that you guys are talking about. I saw the one last night about McCutchins(Spelling?), AR.
Now, I am not intentionally out to offend anyone and this is MERELY my opinion.  But my opinion of the ghost hunting couple from Kansas City (Sueanne is the pyshic's name? Wears a black dress and a little black hat with a veil :;)) is not very high.  I was embarassed for them. And I think they are as fake as they come.  I've seen them on another show and it was pretty funny. They're in this old house and he has his "magnometer" and he goes near this chair, she's standing right NEXT to the VERY chair looking around the room. He walks over to the chair and waves the magnometer over the chair and announces, "Right here is a lot of energy."  She looks and him and,as if on cue, she says, "Well, there is someone sitting there."   ::) That's when I about threw something at the t.v.!  I know, you had to be there to see it to know what I'm trying to impart. I logged on to their website and this is defintely what they do for a living.  I haven't investigated the answer but I wonder if they've ever been called out to a location and said, "Nope.  Ain't nothin' here!"  I noticed that they do have a fee they charge just to visit a property in question.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.  If they are members of this site, I apologize in advance but I'm a believer and they almost made me a skeptic!
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#6 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 08:16 AM

That wasn't the couple that was actually dealing with the ghosts,that was a paranormal research team brought in to investigate the house,and I agree with you,they did seem quite amateur in what they were doing.The family that was harassed didn't even know how to hunt for a ghost,and could not explain what was happening within the house while they were there.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#7 blondiegrl149

blondiegrl149

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 03:58 PM

Hawkerdriver, I totally agree with you.  I watched the show on Atchison(?) where the two "psychics" went to a supposedly haunted house and I was just cracking up; how anyone could possibly take them seriously!  There was something inparticular that really just made me shake my head incredulously.  It's been a while and I can't remember what it was.  I do remember the lady making a comment on a picture she took of the house in which there was an orb present in the shot.  She said that there a smily face in the orb and that the ghost was smiling or something...I dunno....I didn't know orbs could smile. :-/
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination"

#8 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 September 2003 - 08:53 PM

I think that you really have to take what you see on tv with a grain of salt for sure!  There are a lot of scam artists out there and it is unbelievable what people will suck right up and believe!  I think the most outlandish one has to be the pet psychic!  Anyone seen this circus!? ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 05:54 AM

Yeah, on my side the jury's still on that one. ???   But back to the Kansas City ghost hunting couple.  How in the heck did these two nuts get a gig on TLC?  They really make ghost believers look like idiots.

In the fashion sense, I think from now on, if I'm out and about, I'm gonna wear one of those silly little veiled black hats!  ;D  ;D    (Utterly ridiculous!)

This time of year TDC, TLC, SciFi, THC, and the Travel Channel all put on their ghost segments.  And I nary miss a one!!!! ;)

Blondie- glad I wasn't the only one who witnessed the fruitcakes! ;D  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#10 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:25 PM

Could anyone tell me if the TV show Sighting's still on?Or is it just repeat's. ;)

#11 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:51 PM

Nope,Sightings was discontinued.Still haven't figured out why,as it always got great ratings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users