• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blondiegrl149

blondiegrl149

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 01:38 PM

Why do they cancel a lot of the shows based on paranormal stuff?  Night Visions is gone.  I've been watching Beyond Belief since I was like 10 and that's pretty much on-again, off-again.  FEAR is gone.  Scariest Places on Earth and Real Scary Stories are gone, though they come back around Halloween, but such a long time to wait!  They have really old episodes of shows like Ghost Stories and Beyond Bizzare!  They should seriously come up w/ some new shows....Thank gosh for Dead Like Me....that's keeping me going for now.
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination"

#2 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 01:52 PM

Religion-based organizations have a stronghold within the media community.They view these types of shows as 'occult-driven',and put pressure on the networks to shut them down.Once they start threatening pulling out financial support,usually the networks comply with their ridiculous demands.Censorship at it's finest level.

And I agree,many of these shows were my favorite ever,I looked forward to new episodes every week.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#3 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 01:17 PM

It really bumms me out too that they CXL all the good stuff. I would watch it 24-7 if possible. Ahhh but the good stuff not too far of...October yeah!! It's a great month and I will have plenty of tapes on stand by. At least I won't have to wait a whole year now. I do hope they show some new stuff this year ;D
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#4 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 02:53 PM

and yet, Touched By an Agnel ran how long? Seems like a huge double standard to me. The last long running "Ghost" show I can remember was "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir". I have to admit, as a kid I thought that it would be pretty cool to live with a ghost.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#5 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 08:57 AM

Actually, religious organizations don't have any pull unless they are higher-ups in corporations that advertise on the networks or they're higher-ups within the networks. And no, before anyone suggests it, there is no Jewish media conspiracy. Otherwise, a lot of secular shows we watch would never have gotten on there in the first place.

If a paranormal does not have the ratings then it dies. That's the way of network programming I'm afraid. Ratings govern advertising revenue. If people aren't watching a show then advertisers know the spot they paid for isn't being seen by enough people. That's why prime time is so competitive among the networks - they all want the advertising dollars.

I would love to have seen "Friday the 13th" the series go on indefinitely but the viewers weren't there. Plus, people with Nielson boxed aren't supposed to reveal they have them so you really don't know if someone you know has one. That's how they figure out ratings.

#6 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 08:02 AM

I feel like alot of the paranormal shows don't receive the publicity that the "normal" shows get.

I remember enjoying "The Others" so much. When I would ask people if they had seen it, they'd say they never heard of it. Ditto with "Dead Like Me".
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#7 strigoi

strigoi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 04:03 PM

is 'sightings' still on scifi channel in the morning? i use to watch it all the time. it was like a twin to 'unsolved mysteries' , but they only  had stories on ufo's and hauntings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users