• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

Mods, if you feel this is in the wrong place, please move it as you see fit.
Thanks,
Mike.

I have watched various "ghost hunting" shows, and I have personally experienced paranormal events in my life. Most of those events were benign, there were, however, malicious forces as well.
Now I don't use the word "demon" because I don't believe in hell, the devil, and the like. I do believe that there are energies are around us all. "Positive" and "Negative" are names that we give to the energies that we feel. We, as humans tend to personalize these energies. Now that personalization, leads people to see things based on their faith.
How I perceive these energies is based on the fact that I am a Pagan. I see the energies as positive and negative, and I accept both as valid. For example, death does not frighten me at all, so when my time on this plane ends, I can, and will go on to the next existence happily. The "Negative Energies" do not frighten me either. I accept the fact (to my mind) that they do exist and deal with them in a way that is very Pagan.By Smudging, Banishing, and Binding.

How does this tie in with the title? Again it is perception. Christians see the "Negative Energies" as evil, and sent from the devil. Is this an incorrect perception? Not at all. Again it has to do with faith. The "demons" that could be present are the "Negative" energies that the Christian perceives and deals with it. We each have our own ways to deal with these energies. How we do is based on faith, and personal experience.

I want to thank you, Dear Reader, for taking the time to read this, and I hope that I have given you some thing to think about as you go on with your day.
Light and Love,
Mike D.
Live every day as if it was your last, it could well be.

#2 Light Worker

Light Worker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I am a psychic medium and find all facets of the supernatural world fascinating. I have obtained a few good evp's in my day and been a paranormal investigator mostly from the standpoint of a Medium's point of view. I am currently exploring Paganism as I am considering changing my religion.<br /> I like to oil pant landscapes, sew, and have a passion for cooking, which I do frequently. I have three, grown, awesome children who all live around me.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

Thanks,
Mike.

I have watched various "ghost hunting" shows, and I have personally experienced paranormal events in my life. Most of those events were benign, there were, however, malicious forces as well.
Now I don't use the word "demon" because I don't believe in hell, the devil, and the like. I do believe that there are energies are around us all. "Positive" and "Negative" are names that we give to the energies that we feel. We, as humans tend to personalize these energies. Now that personalization, leads people to see things based on their faith.
How I perceive these energies is based on the fact that I am a Pagan. I see the energies as positive and negative, and I accept both as valid. For example, death does not frighten me at all, so when my time on this plane ends, I can, and will go on to the next existence happily. The "Negative Energies" do not frighten me either. I accept the fact (to my mind) that they do exist and deal with them in a way that is very Pagan.By Smudging, Banishing, and Binding.

How does this tie in with the title? Again it is perception. Christians see the "Negative Energies" as evil, and sent from the devil. Is this an incorrect perception? Not at all. Again it has to do with faith. The "demons" that could be present are the "Negative" energies that the Christian perceives and deals with it. We each have our own ways to deal with these energies. How we do is based on faith, and personal experience.

I want to thank you, Dear Reader, for taking the time to read this, and I hope that I have given you some thing to think about as you go on with your day.
Light and Love,
Mike D.

Mike I found your post interesting. I think I may be rather Pagan in my own heart as well! for I deal with those negative energies with smudging, banishing...but I don't know what "binding" is?..can you explain that please?...I too have come across positive AND negative energies AND also (but to a lesser extent) demonic energies. This is a category in itself!...they all have a different "feel" to me as I'm sure they do to you. If I were to read a good introductory book on Paganism what would you recommend to me? Light Worker

#3 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

A Binding is a rite wherein one binds negative energies so that they can do no harm. Think of it as a pagan exorcism. The rite is not complicated at all.
The first book I picked up was "A Witches Bible Complete" by Janet and Stewart Farrer.

Edited by BigMike, 16 October 2008 - 07:15 PM.

#4 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for sharing your post Mike. I'm not a Pagan so please explain to me what you mean by the Smudging and Banishing Negative energies, as it applies to Paganism.

Whatever

#5 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

Smudging is done with a bundle of sage, which acts as a cleanser when burned. One would take a bundle, light the end, so that it glows and smokes. The smoke is said to cause negative energies leave the area.
Banishing is a ritual, that has both a verbal component, as well as an action component. Much like prayer with props. The idea is, with these "prayers" and actions, will cause a change in life (magic (k) is about changing yourself, a personal revolution if you will), as well as the area that you are in. In this case Banishing the negative energies out of your home, Circle (Wiccan) Covenstead (Wicca and Witchcraft) Hearth, and Kin/Folk (Northern Way).

Each Tradition has different rites, but in general they share the core they share elements.

Edited by BigMike, 16 October 2008 - 09:46 PM.

#6 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:54 PM

Smudging is done with a bundle of sage, which acts as a cleanser when burned. One would take a bundle, light the end, so that it glows and smokes. The smoke is said to cause negative energies leave the area.
Banishing is a ritual, that has both a verbal component, as well as an action component. Much like prayer with props. The idea is, with these "prayers" and actions, will cause a change in life (magic (k) is about changing yourself, a personal revolution if you will), as well as the area that you are in. In this case Banishing the negative energies out of your home, Circle (Wiccan) Covenstead (Wicca and Witchcraft) Hearth, and Kin/Folk (Northern Way).

Each Tradition has different rites, but in general they share the core they share elements.

Thank you for explaining Mike.

Whatever

#7 Light Worker

Light Worker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I am a psychic medium and find all facets of the supernatural world fascinating. I have obtained a few good evp's in my day and been a paranormal investigator mostly from the standpoint of a Medium's point of view. I am currently exploring Paganism as I am considering changing my religion.<br /> I like to oil pant landscapes, sew, and have a passion for cooking, which I do frequently. I have three, grown, awesome children who all live around me.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:04 AM

Thanks,
Mike.

Light and Love,
Mike D.

Mike I found your post interesting. I think I may be rather Pagan in my own heart as well! for I deal with those negative energies with smudging, banishing...but I don't know what "binding" is?..can you explain that please?...I too have come across positive AND negative energies AND also (but to a lesser extent) demonic energies. This is a category in itself!...they all have a different "feel" to me as I'm sure they do to you. If I were to read a good introductory book on Paganism what would you recommend to me? Light Worker

Thank you Mike...LW

#8 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

No prob

#9 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

:P I am new to this site but just recently I asked this same question of the members of another site. I do not believe in demons or in evil as a noun. I think one can do things with evil intent, be evilly motivated but it is my experiance of 45 years evil itself does not exist an an entinty. I believe there are non-human or elemental intelligences that can influence our sphere of existance and can feel to us to be "evil" but as they are not human they cannot be held to our standard no matter how negitive they feel to us. I hope that makes sense. :)

I do however know that a human spirit can linger here and think that it is truely evil and that people because of thier own beliefs do feel possed . People can rid themselves of thier own bad or evil feelings with prayer and that positive energy produced by a belief in prayer can lift bad "vibes" in a home. I am an empathic medium and directed positive or negitive emotions do feel make a difference.

There are enough real scary things in this world and when people worry about demons, evil ghosts, boogey men and the end times it puts out more unnecessary negitive energy. I believe that it is the movies full of bad things that keeps paranormal research in the realm of the unbelievable. If the good stuff is true then the bad stuff must be real too. The whole supernatural thing becomes too scary. I think Dr Who said humans have a genetical fear of the dark because there is something to fear.

I'd enjoy a debate if someone thinks I am wrong and wants to tell me why.

#10 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

I don't think that there is a need for debate, in my OP, I said "Now I don't use the word "demon" because I don't believe in hell, the devil, and the like." I then went on to say: "I do believe that there are energies are around us all. "Positive" and "Negative" are names that we give to the energies that we feel. We, as humans tend to personalize these energies. Now that personalization, leads people to see things based on their faith."
I'm not sure how any one could misconstrue anything I said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users