#1 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image
For a reality TV show about people who work while the rest of the world is asleep, reporter Angela Vidal and her cameraman, Scott, are assigned to cover a night shift with a pair of firemen at a Los Angeles fire station. After an uneventful evening, a 911 distress call in the middle of the night takes them to a small apartment building downtown. Police officers are already on the scene in response...
http://www.sonypictu...ies/quarantine/
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#2 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:54 AM

Is it like another Blair Witch hand taped thing?
Im not usually into films like this but it looks pretty good.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

Its actually a remake of a Spanish movie called "REC".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/

I was able to watch REC a while back on my computer (I don't remember where tho sorry) and it was good, there were no subtitles, but that didn't detract from the movie at all. I just hope this remake holds up to the original.
Live every day as if it was your last, it could well be.

#4 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

REC was pretty awesome. Hopefully they didn't americanize this one too much. I was told on a different message board that once Quarantine comes to DVD they will release the original in the States.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#5 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

Wicked cool!
Live every day as if it was your last, it could well be.

#6 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

My nephew just saw this movie 2 days ago. He loved it. Said it was really good and it has alot of freaky part that will make you jump...he does just too easy.
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

This one does look good. The scene where the reporter is on her stomach facing the cam in hysterics asking for someone to help her then being dragged out of the room by an unseen being...that alone makes me want to see it.
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#8 JMF71891

JMF71891

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

My one friend saw that movie, he said it was really cool.

#9 softy-girl

softy-girl

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:39 AM

I saw the movie and thought it was a good movie. However, my husband got sick from all the moving around of the camera. The strange this is he did not get sick during Cloverfield so we think the light on the camera coming on a off during the movie may have been what made him sick.
It was a good movie however i recommend watching it at home instead of the theater in case you get motion sickness.
You don't have to see it to believe it!

#10 eatnama

eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:32 AM

I haven't seen the full US version, but judging by what I did see... I'd say skip it and watch the original Spanish [REC]. I saw it last year in a horror film fest and it was just mindblowing.
Also, the actors in the original version are unknown, so it makes the film more credible.

#11 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:13 AM

I saw this movie last night. I was a great movie! Very creepy and a good story. This movie had me jumping and thats not an easy thing to do. I think this might be the last week its in theaters....I say its a must see. If you are planning on seeing it....hurry up before it gone.
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

I just watched this yesterday because my sis came home sick (I hate it when she's home and I have to relinquish the remote) we couldn't agree on anything so we watched this... It was pretty good and not overly gory. I liked the scene where they were taking the brain biopsy and Oops... guess he isn't dead after all. I also liked the ending. But when it was over liz and I looked at each other and just asked each other, so are they just going to keep this building locked up forever? How do they know when all the rabid people are dead?
Lex
Love life.

#13 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

I did like this,but they totally ripped off REC to the minutia. I think its sad that Hollywood cannot
come up with any new ideas,so they rip off everyone else.
The American versions of : Grudge 1 ,Dark Water,Shutter,One Missed Call ,all sucked compared to the originals.
Mirrors was ok,and they did total justice to Infernal Affairs(The Departed),but its the exception,not
the rule.
And I liked Cloverfield,but that one was kind of a rip off of a combination of Godzilla and The Host.
The monster was a complete rip off of The Host monster,and the entire premise was Godzilla,except
in NYC instead of Tokyo.The moving candid camera is made it different.
(The moving camera does make a lot of people sick. I don't mind it too much.)

So I try to look at a lot of foreign stuff ,for just these reasons.
Hollywood is just too into nothing but rehash and other countries movies.

And anyone hear anything about the new Nightmare on Elm St ?
Billy Bob Thorton as Freddy ?

Yyuuuhh
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#14 FallOut

FallOut

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

sweet I know which DVD I'm buying next

#15 joy_bubble

joy_bubble

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts