20 replies to this topic

#1 Poppychainz

Poppychainz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this post is in the right place, please move it if it's not.

I'm just wondering why in the past 3 days I've seen the numbers 333?? -
First of all I saw the numbers on my euro lottery ticket, it was the first part of a dream number. Then I saw 333 on the toilet wall in work, marked in ink. Then early this morning I woke up at, you guessed it, 3.33am??

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this post is in the right place, please move it if it's not.

I'm just wondering why in the past 3 days I've seen the numbers 333?? -
First of all I saw the numbers on my euro lottery ticket, it was the first part of a dream number. Then I saw 333 on the toilet wall in work, marked in ink. Then early this morning I woke up at, you guessed it, 3.33am??

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated :P

I have no idea but I can guess , you know they say things happen in 3's . :)

Do you want the rational explanation or you want some theories? Cause I can go either way.

Rational explanation ; it is called synchronicity , where for whatever reason a Psychological condition is induced or produced that someone can see relative patterns in events occurrences and numbers .
in some cases without realizing it people are looking to see something and if you look to see something chances are you will.

for example if i want to see 666 in something i will find it or as in the movie , Number 23.

If I want to find , see or hear ghost then I inevitably will , the mind sees what it wants to see or what it anticipates.

SeekX

#3 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

Oh boy...wait 'til Shawn gets hold of this thread! :headbang:
Posted Image

#4 Poppychainz

Poppychainz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

Oh boy...wait 'til Shawn gets hold of this thread! ;)

I'm not particularly looking for those numbers, but I still keep seeing them. It was a number plate today with the numbers 333 on. :ghost:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

I'm sure you're just imagining it. (whatever you do, don't look at my Name!)

#6 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

Oh boy...wait 'til Shawn gets hold of this thread! ;)

I'm not particularly looking for those numbers, but I still keep seeing them. It was a number plate today with the numbers 333 on. :(

I'm sure you're just imagining it. (whatever you do, don't look at my Name!)

Now see why I thought Shawn would get a kick outta this? :) He's obsessed with the number...don't even ask him how he feels about the number 9 :(

My opinion: something happened that made the number stand out to you (probably subconsciously) and now you're seeing it everywhere, almost as if you're looking for it. I had a similar thing happen a few months ago with the number 4...I would dream in fours, wake up every morning at 4:44, just happen to look at the clock at 4:44 every afternoon, my order number at various restaurants would be 44 or something of the like...I even found out that my life number according to numerology is 4. But I think it's just a mixture of coincidence and consciousness.

If you really think there may be something to it, you could do an internet search on the significance of numbers to see if it plays a role in your life in a significant way.
Posted Image

#7 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:55 PM

Annie sees the number 444 because she's evil and not special like us, Poppychainz.

In all seriousness, I've had that same situation with the number 333 for about 16-17 years now. I see it everywhere and I routinely wake up at exactly 3:33AM. I've had some very strange coincidental things happen that have to do with that number over the years. (Hence my username.) Anyway, I know a bizarre amount of interesting things about the number 3 and can make a list and PM you if you like, but why we see that number a lot, I couldn't tell ya.

Edited by Shawn333, 20 October 2008 - 09:57 PM.

#8 Poppychainz

Poppychainz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:31 AM

Annie sees the number 444 because she's evil and not special like us, Poppychainz.

In all seriousness, I've had that same situation with the number 333 for about 16-17 years now. I see it everywhere and I routinely wake up at exactly 3:33AM. I've had some very strange coincidental things happen that have to do with that number over the years. (Hence my username.) Anyway, I know a bizarre amount of interesting things about the number 3 and can make a list and PM you if you like, but why we see that number a lot, I couldn't tell ya.

Thankyou all for your reponses to my post. I would be interested in seeing your list Shawn333. - Also my date of birth is the 30th march, and my youngest daughter who is my 3rd child, is on 03 march!! weird! lol

:)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

Don't listen to Shawn there, he doesn't know what he's talking about :P Hehehe.

But I'd actually like one of those lists too...if you get the time, kid ;)
Posted Image

#10 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

I might as well just post this here for anyone interested. These are just off the top of my head so there's a lot more. 3 is generally said to represent completeness. Three, threes, sometimes just represented as the number 9 is a symbol of perfection.

The number 3 in nature and reality:

Reality consists of 3 things, matter, time, and space. Each one of these 3 things can be further divided into 3 things. There's 3, threes for you right there. Maybe 333 just represents all of reality or completeness because of this? It's said to represent completeness in many forms of numerology and religious traditions.

1. Matter exists primarily in 3 states: solids, liquids, and gases

2. Time exists in 3 ways: Past, present, future

3. Space is divisible by 3 as we live in a 3 dimensional reality: Height, depth, width

YOU are made of three parts, a body, mind, and spirit.

The Earth being the only known planet in the solar system to contain life, is the THIRD planet from the Sun.

Thought, word, and deed, complete the sum of human capability

The Three Kingdoms of animal, vegetable, and mineral further divide matter into 3 parts.

The number 3 in religions:

Wicca- The rule of 3 -claims that whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times.

Buddhism-

Three Jewels: Buddha, Dharma, Sangha

Three Roots: Guru, Yidam and Dakini/Dharmapala

3 Negatives: Ignorance, Clinging/Greed/Desire, and Passion/Anger

Three Kayas: realities or states of existence

Three forms of action: mental, verbal, and physical

Christianity-

The Trinity- God exists as three Persons

3 wise men payed homage to Jesus as a child

Christ was dead for 3 days before the resurrection

God's attributes are three: omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence

There are 3 gates on each side of New Jerusalem and 3 walls in the sanctuary

There's actually a lot of interesting things about the number 3 when it comes to science and mathematics too. I can't quote them all here from memory though. If anyone knows of or can think of any more, please list them! Also, if anyone knows about numerology and what 3 means as a life or destiny number, and what it might symbolize in various numerology traditions, that would be interesting too. Also, if anyone else has had strange/ coincidental experiences with numbers, I'd like to hear about those too. If anyone thinks I'm insane for thinking this much into a number...please, keep that to yourself..(AnnieV!)

and remember, as Schoolhouse Rock once taught us all in song, 3 is a magic number!

#11 roxas_eternal

roxas_eternal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, video games, writting fan fiction, drawing fan art, history, ancient history, world history & the paranormal.

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

LOL! Well, to be honest, that is quite interesting. I never even thought about any of the things you have listed. I have heard of the Rule of 3 for Wicca, but the rest, I never even thought of myself! XD

Anyway, I can't be of help, as I don't really know much about numbers, other than how to add or subtract, multiply or divide :wow: But I did find this thread highly interesting to say the least!

Ya know...There is a girl I work with Shawn, who wore a shirt one day that said "333 Only HALF evil" :ghost: When I seen this post, it reminded me of her shirt! lol!
Posted Image"The Darkness I have feared has come at last. But, if our hearts beat as one, we shall defeat the darkness and bring forth the piercing light, that will lead us home to our future!"

#12 CASEY WELLS

CASEY WELLS

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:28 PM

isnt the number 333 a mock of the holy trinity, or is that 666? cant remember. :ghost:
i know ive heard of negative connections with the time 3:33 am, cant remember where though.
Under the wide and open sky, dig the grave and let me lie;Gladly i've lived and gladly die, away from this world of strife;This be the epitaph for me- "Here he lies where he longed to be, lies in death by the nineteenth tee, where he lied all his life"

#13 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

Thanks Shawn. I've got some information for you and Poppychainz (and anyone else who is interested, I suppose), but not enough time to post it right now. I will be getting back here about that.

isnt the number 333 a mock of the holy trinity, or is that 666? cant remember. :ghost:
i know ive heard of negative connections with the time 3:33 am, cant remember where though.

Casey...I believe you're thinking of just 3:00 am. That is supposed to be the inverse of the time Christ died, and therefore the "darkest hour", "dead time" or "the hour of evil", among other things. I don't particularly believe this, but it's a widely known superstition. I think there was a thread here on GhostVillage about it not too long ago. If you're curious about it, you could try doing a search here. Then again, I could be wrong...but I've never heard of 333 being an intentional insult to Christianity.
Posted Image

#14 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:11 PM

Thanks Shawn. I've got some information for you and Poppychainz (and anyone else who is interested, I suppose), but not enough time to post it right now. I will be getting back here about that.

Casey...I believe you're thinking of just 3:00 am. That is supposed to be the inverse of the time Christ died, and therefore the "darkest hour", "dead time" or "the hour of evil", among other things. I don't particularly believe this, but it's a widely known superstition. I think there was a thread here on GhostVillage about it not too long ago. If you're curious about it, you could try doing a search here. Then again, I could be wrong...but I've never heard of 333 being an intentional insult to Christianity.

I don't know when or where the negative connotations of the time 3AM started, but I've heard it mentioned by the legendary paranormal investigators Ed and Loraine Warren numerous times. I agree with Annie, I don't really believe that either, but perhaps you heard or read about it from a story involving the Warren's. They believe that a lot of hauntings from demons happen around 3AM and that the demons and devils do so as a mockery of the Trinity.

(On a side note, someone PMed me to ask if my shamrock avatar had to do with this since it has three leaves. Humorously enough, I hadn't even thought about that. My avatar is a shamrock because I'm Irish. I should have thought about it since I usually notice the number 3 in anything and I'm familiar with the story of St. Patrick using the 3 leaves of the shamrock to explain the Trinity!)

#15 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

Ya know...There is a girl I work with Shawn, who wore a shirt one day that said "333 Only HALF evil" :ghost: When I seen this post, it reminded me of her shirt! lol!

Maybe she's my soulmate! :wow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users